Search for content in message boards

Robert Hawkins b 1610 England

Robert Hawkins b 1610 England

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hawkins
Trying to find solid proof of who his parents are. I've seen Him linked to Admiral Sir John Hawkins who died in 1595 off the coast of puerto rico so he CAN'T be John Hawkins son being Robert was born 15 years after! I've also seen him linked to Sir Richard Hawkins (John Hawkins brother) but funny Richard Hawkins when googled all information state he had 6 children not 7. They are Judith , Joan, Margaret, John, Mary and Richard. Any where I look that is documented there is no Robert. Not even in his transcribed will is there a son Robert! Though it looks like he was born before Richard, There is no proof. My question is to those who have him listed. What documentation does anyone have? If no connection can be made then where in england was he born and does anyone know who his parents really are.

Thank you!

Re: Robert Hawkins b 1610 England

Posted: 22 Aug 2011 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: hawkins
Hello,

My sister and I are looking for the same thing. We have traced the hawkins back from our mothers side to robert hawkins (b. 1610) but can not positively identify the father.

we have sir john / sir richard but no proof.

have you found anything out?

thanks!
mark

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 7:22PM GMT
I have come across more information that traces him back to England. I have to look at my notes and update this post.

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 11:40PM GMT
I have found documentation in the way of a published book History and genealogy of "Elder" John Whipple of Ipswich, Massachusetts: where there are mentions of John Hawkins descendants and a last will and testament where Robert Hawkins and Abraham Hawkins were mentioned. Then later mentioned that "brothers Abraham and Robert Hawkins of Braintree settled in Charleston Mass, 1635"
http://books.google.com/books?id=DY8QwrhVw7gC&pg=PA18&am...

This is the book source. If you search Hawkins you can read the last will and testament of their father.

I will update more as I remember what I had found :)

Posted: 8 Sep 2011 4:25AM GMT
I don't think anybody has been able to definitively trace him or his wife Mary further back. This is the definitive site for the genealogy of Robert & Mary Hawkins and their descendants:

http://www.hawkinsgenealogy.org/

Here is an interesting URL I found talking about Robert & Mary Hawkins:

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/o/n/Shawn-E-Con...

While I think all of us who descended from them would like to go back further, we may never be able to.

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 10:54PM GMT
Surnames: hawkins
I believe it's Charlestown, MA and not Charleston.

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 12:47PM GMT
Charleston was a typo, it is Charlestown

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 3:58AM GMT
I am also looking for this robert as he is my 8th great grandfather. I know when he was born I also know the name of the ship he came over on.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic