Search for content in message boards

Clinton Kelley ancestry

Clinton Kelley ancestry

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Oct 2011 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Kelley, Miller, Smith
I am trying to identify and find info on my GGF's parents which have been a big brick wall for me.

My GGrandfather Clinton R Kelley b approx May 1873 possibly in Arkansas and died 1907 in Nebraska.

He was married to Annie Smith aka Anna V. Miller.

He had a brother James.

On the marriage certificate his parents are listed as D. C. Kelley and Lizzie Givens both born in Ohio.

Any help on either parents would be most greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peggy

Re: Clinton Kelley ancestry

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 2:25PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2011 2:25PM GMT
In the 1870 census for Pulaski County, Arkansas (Little Rock), there are Dewitt C Kelley 29, born OH, Lizzie M Kelley 26, born OH, and James B Kelley 3, born AR. James Kelley was a grocer.

In the 1880 census for Weston in Platte County, MO there are Clinton Kelley age 8, born AR and James Kelley age 13 born AR (parents of both born in OH), nephews, living the household of Robert Gibbons age 33, born OH. Robert Gibbons states his mother was born in PA and his father in Ireland.

Re: Clinton Kelley ancestry

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 5:16PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2011 8:12PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I have seen both of those census. I'm just not sure they are connected to my Kelley's since I have also seen an 1870 census for Lizzie Givens age 19 in Ohio. So the question would be if Lizzie is a Givens or a Gibbons. The only clue is on the marriage of their son Clinton R Kelley. The brother's name was given to me by an aunt but it's not an absolute. I have not been able to find a birth cert for Clinton.

I'm hoping someone may be able to give evidence to prove what trail I should follow.

Thanks again. I certainly appreciate it.

W.C. GIBBONS -- 1880

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 6:53AM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2011 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Gibbons, Denton
I am looking for the ancestry of W.C. Gibbons. I think he may be a brother to your Robert Gibbons. He is listed as a grocer in Little Rock, Arkansas in the 1880 census. He has a niece listed with him named Susie Kelly. He also stated that his father was from Ireland and his mother was from Pa. Susie's father is listed as being from Ohio and her mother from Missouri. W.C. Gibbons is my gggrandfather, his daughter on the census, Ellen Mary is my ggrandmother. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. My name is Teresa Pennington.

Re: W.C. Gibbons

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 7:05AM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2011 3:52PM GMT
Hi Teresa,
I'm having a hard time researching Arkansas, Kelley and Gibbons. I found a Henry Gibbons that was a clerk in a store around 1860 and a Dewitt C. Kelley that was a grocer in 1870. I haven't found any connection with a W C Gibbons or a Susie Kelly. I wish I had more and could help.

Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic