Search for content in message boards

Robinson's of Franklin County TN 1830/40/50

Robinson's of Franklin County TN 1830/40/50

Conley Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on the James Robinson family of Franklin County Tennessee from 1830 to 1860. James may have been a brother to John Robinson. James was my g-g-g-grandfather. James' wife was Malinda. They had 11 children. They show up in the 1870 census, but not the 1860. Other records indicate that they were there around 1840.

Re: Robinson's of Franklin County TN 1830/40/50

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 2:06PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2003 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNSON, PEACE, GALLOP, LOWE,DAVIDSON, TUCKER, ROBINSON, DARE, TALLY, LOYD, LLOYD,LASHLEY,FORSHEE, DETTMAR, BEEMAN,EVENS, INMAN, HILDEBRAND, MAYES,POLK, VAUGHN, TALBERT, GRIFFITTS, LEWIS
Hell-o,
I am trying to find connections to my g-grandmother, Martha Robinson. The census lists her as born TN, 1844. I would love to know her parentage and if she had siblings. She (Martha) married John Tucker in Missouri and I do know some of the details from her marriage forward. She died in 1909 in Mo.Her obit. gave no info. before her marriage. I would be grateful for any and all help as I live in Mo. and have limited access to Tn. records.If you think there is a connection you may contact me at my e-mail address or on this board.
Thanks,
Gloria Peace-Griffitts<griff522@c-magic.com>

Conley Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2002 5:29PM GMT
The 1870 census of Franklin County TN lists a Martha Robinson. However, this Martha is listed as being 16 years old in 1870. That would put her birth at 1854 vs 1844. This Martha's parents were James and Malinda Robinson. They had eleven children. Martha was third in the pecking order. If you think this may be her, I would suggest looking in the 1870 census. This family does not appear in the 1860 census for Franklin County. I'm still checking other counties (This family is my lineage). I hope this helps.

Posted: 10 Apr 2002 3:14PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2005 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNSON, PEACE, GALLOP, LOWE,DAVIDSON, TUCKER, ROBINSON, DARE, TALLY, LOYD, LLOYD,LASHLEY,FORSHEE, DETTMAR, BEEMAN,EVENS, INMAN, HILDEBRAND, MAYES,POLK, VAUGHN, TALBERT, GRIFFITTS, LEWIS
Hell-o,
THANKS for the reply!
I have not learned a thing since I posted this message so I am still at square 1!! We look everytime we are anywhere to do research(several times during the week). I just do not know which direction to go. i suppose i will keep posting on this board until another relative starts searching for the Robinson family. I will be in Reynolds Co., Mo in June 2002 for a genealogy conference and will go earlyand stay on longer to do more ancestor hunting.
If I find anything new i will post it here first.
Again, Thanks for the reply and I hope you find something that will connect us. I have Martha's birthdate from obit. and i really do not know how corect it is...that is the only date I have to go by for now. She died in 1909 and in the state of Mo. a death cert. was not required until 1910.
Gloria Peace-Griffitts

Posted: 12 Nov 2002 1:40AM GMT
I am looking for Frances Marion Robinson (male) please help

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 2:06PM GMT
Greetings , Not sure if this will help William Robinson born Jan 25 ,1708,09 Had two wives Agatha Beverley, and Agnes Smith John was born to Agatha, Francis born to Agnes in1765. I descend though John , Francis died Sec 31 1840 in Harrison Co Ky . You might be looking for one of his children. Hope this helps.

Posted: 8 Jul 2003 10:03AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2003 7:34AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson/Tally
Hello,
I'm looking for a "Jennie Avaril Robinson m. Richard Clay Tally. Thats all I know. they are the parents of my grandmother; Oma Edith Tally b. 15 Oct 1904 d. 3 May 1965 Hill Co., Texas I know Oma was in Vernon, Wilbarger Co., Texas in 1929, because that is where my mother was born.(Virginia Merle Terry) b. 11 May 1929 d. 16 Jul 1994 I saw Tally in your sure name list, any relation? Thanx ... Merle (F) ... :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions