Search for content in message boards

O'Sullivan, Quealy, Daly Co. Clare

O'Sullivan, Quealy, Daly Co. Clare

Kathleen Sullivan Black (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Sullivan, Quealy, Daly
My father, Michael Francis Sullivan, was born in County Clare August 27, 1902. His father was Patrick (Paddy Minogue) O'Sullivan and his mother Anne Quealy. They lived in Lissycasey. My father immigrated to the US about 1921 or 22 and his brother John (Jack) about one year later. His other brothers and sisters were Emmie, Bridget (h. Fred Harper), Patrick (w. Mary Kay), Thomas (w. Moire), Agnes (h. Martin Daly) and Anne (Sister Mary Cyril). My grandfather was a well known athlete at Fairs and Race meetings according to an unidentified news clipping after his death. My grandmother was a National School teacher at Shannon View school. She had a brother Thomas Quealy who immigrated to the US about the turn of the century. Her sister married a Daly and had four or five sons and one daughter who married a Johnston. The four boys immigrated to the USA about the same time as my father. William, Patrick, Martin and I believe Timothy. Any information on my grandparents would be welcomed.
Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Kett
Seeking any info on the following from Co. Clare: Patrick Quealy who m. Bridget Kett (b. 1880, Farrihy, Kilkee, Co. Clare).

Re: O'Sullivan, Quealy, Daly Co. Clare

kathy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 5:07AM GMT
I have information on your grandfather patrick sullivan he was my ggrandfathers half brother hope to hear from you

Re: O'Sullivan, Quealy, Daly Co. Clare

cdanhauer (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2003 4:25AM GMT
I recently received a copy of letter written in 1890 by a Thomas Pender. He references a Thomas Quealy as living near his relative Jimmie Moloney. It sounds like Thomas' wife was named Maria and they "had 4 in family". I am trying to determine where in County Clare the Moloneys and Quealy's lived. Did your Thomas have a wife named Maria?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic