Search for content in message boards

Phillip and Brown Plantations

Phillip and Brown Plantations

Posted: 8 Aug 2007 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Felix
Anyone with knowledge of The Phillip or Brown Plantations in East Carroll in Transylvania, LA or Millike, LA in the 1930's through the late 1940's. I remember my Grandfather talking about living on Mr. Phillip's Place and his brother lived on Mr. Brown's Place. My Grandfather relocated to Tensas Parish but his brother remained in East carroll, in Sondhimer. My mother was baptized by a Rev. Mason in that area. Any info on Rev. Mason, would also be appreciated.

Re: Phillip and Brown Plantations

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 1:53AM GMT
i know all about the phillip and brown plantations, my mom and dad live there, its close to millike, what type of info do you need? i dont know of a mason, but i do know the browns that live there now, it was there grandfathers place...there father and mother still leaves there what us your relative name that live there?

Posted: 24 Sep 2007 1:33AM GMT
I knew some Standsberry's that lived in Waterproof, LA which probably located there from East Carroll Parish. My family Surname is "FELIX". Please E-mail me at LsLlknappe1@aol.com

Posted: 24 Sep 2007 1:39AM GMT
My Uncle Elias Felix's lived in Sonheimer and his wife was a Gordon. I met a Gordon in Los Angeles that was related to the Stansberrys'. Perhaps, you can give me info on them also, when you E-mail me.

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Brown Plantations
I just received my Grandfather's death certificate and it states that he worked and lived on the Brown's Plantation, in Lake Providence, Rural East Carroll. His name was Harrison Porter. I was told that he was a sharecropper. I am interested in knowing more about the plantation and the people that owned it and those that worked the land. If you have any photo's that would be helpful also. Is there any write-up's?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions