Search for content in message boards

TODD, WILLIAM

TODD, WILLIAM

Mary Moore (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Caleb TODD died in Rowan County, NC in 1795. He was married to Margaret WILLIAM. I need specific information about this family and her ancestors - data and historical. When did he leave Rowan County? Why? When did he come back to Rowan County? Why? Where precisely did he live? Where is he buried. Any knowledge of his son Benjamin?

Re: TODD, WILLIAM

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 3:22AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Todd
I am searching for the Family of Nathaniel Moore born abt. 1770 in Rowan Co., NC. Have been told that he was married to a Margaret Todd. I am also interested in finding her family too. They had a son , Eli Levi Moore, born about 1795 in Rowan Co., NC. He is my g g grandfather.

Could this Margaret be one of your Todds?

Mary Moore (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: TODD, MOORE
It is certainly a possible locale for that era. My direct TODD was in Georgia before then, but I know that kin were in Rowan County, NC then and my Elias MOORE was born there in 1795. Both Elias and the huge TODD families migrated to adjacent counties of Tennessee and were there in the mid- 1800s. Unfortuately, I do not find this particular couple of Margaret TODD m. Nathaniel MOORE. Please keep in touch at liberty@rockisland.com.

Posted: 5 Mar 2002 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 1:19AM GMT

Mary Moore (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: TODD, MOORE
Well, c1790 my TODDs went to Madison County, Kentucky, but by 1840 they were in near Murfreesboro area of Tennessee.

Fred Groth (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2002 6:23PM GMT
Do you have any dates for Eli or his wife, Mary? Any dates for their migration to Estill County, KY? A couple Warford brothers from Rowan Cy were in Madison/Estill Cy in the late 1790s-early 1800s.

Thanks.

Betty Moore (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2002 9:38PM GMT
Surnames: Todd, Warford, Moore
I have no documentation, but, have been told that Eli's family moved to Estill Co., Ky. about 1807. His father, Nathan, was killed in the War of 1812 in Ohio by Indians. He and Peggy had bought land on Blue Run (Possum Run) Creek.

Their son Eli married Mary "Polly" Warford in Estill Co., Ky. 12-10-1823. Polly was born in Crooked Creek, Estill Co. Her father was Abraham Warford and mother, Nancy
Rececca Skinner.

The story goes that several families from Rowan Co., NC migrated to Estill Co. about the same time. I think one of them was likely the Warfords. Abraham married in Rowan Co., NC. Do you have any information on the Todd Family?

Thanks for your reply

Fred Groth (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2002 1:41AM GMT
Here are a few Todds that have crossed my Warford screen. Caution: this information is from others, and I have not checked it.

If you can “connect the dots” to any of these Todds, please let me know.

On 24 January 1784, Rowan Cy, NC, Benjamin Todd (1759-1854) married Margaret Barclay (dates unknown), daughter of Robert Barclay and Leah ?

On 28 December 1828, Polly Todd married Simeon Skinner, son of Cortland Skinner and Hannah Reed. (This could have happened in either NC or KY.)

On 13 November 1866, Estill Cy, KY, Nancy B Todd (ca 1842, Madison Cy, KY - 28 May 1944, around Tulsa, OK) married Silas J Warford (1839, Estill Cy, KY - 21 Nov 1902, Wellington, KS), son of Joel Warford and Nancy Scrivner.

Fred

Mary Moore (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2002 12:15AM GMT
I definitely connect to Benjamin Todd (1759-1854) married Margaret Barclay!!! Please contact me at liberty@rockisland.com
Is Polly their daughter?
I have 4 daughters and one son, unnamed plus 6 named siblings.
Then this would be sister to my Sally Todd m. Aaron Todd.
On 28 December 1828, Polly Todd married Simeon Skinner, son of Cortland Skinner and Hannah Reed. (This could have happened in either NC or KY.)
Would this be Polly's son? Or some other. How do the above two connect to Warford??
On 13 November 1866, Estill Cy, KY, Nancy B Todd (ca 1842, Madison Cy, KY - 28 May 1944, around Tulsa, OK) married Silas J Warford (1839, Estill Cy, KY - 21 Nov 1902, Wellington, KS), son of Joel Warford and Nancy Scrivner.

Jack Moore (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2002 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Todd
I have info on Nataniel Moore my gggf who married Margaret
(Peggy) Todd,will share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions