Search for content in message boards

Smiths of NC, early 1800s.

Smiths of NC, early 1800s.

Debi Wahl (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 2:06AM GMT
Looking for Hillard J. Smith, b. 1817, NC. Married Sarah Melvin b. 1822, Alabama.

John Smith NC

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 10:04AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 7:01PM GMT
Debi, I am looking for a John Smith b 1839 in NC. Unk who his parents and siblings were, nor do I know what county he was from. All documents have him born in NC.
He moved to Pope CO AR. where he married Lovina ?(Lavina) Love in 1857. Have no other info prior to his marriage in 1857.
Any connection to your Smith family?
Sharon, narbone@tscnet.com

John SMITH

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 10:37AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:35AM GMT
Some of my family came from NC, their father was Robert SMITH(who is my great ggg grandfather),who had at least 4 sons born in NC and moved them to Tennessee in the 1800's, Jourdan, George, Joseph, and Benjamin(who is my great great great, grandfather).
While researching, I found in a 1880 census of Lafollette, TN, a John SMITH married to a Love SMITH with children. Could this be yours? Are you sure where he moved? Just thought it was interesting. If I can get any more info for you, let me know. I'm still looking to find who the wife of Robert SMITH from NC was.

John Smith

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 11:27AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 7:01PM GMT
Helen, I have lots of documents of John Smith from Pope CO AR. I even have John and Lavina's divorce papers from 1867 in Pope CO AR. Their son Jefferson Davis Smith is my husbands great-grand father, born and breed, and they are all from Pope CO AR. Just trying to pin point the county of John's birth. And looking at every Smith in NC. Do you know if your Smith had other family that stayed in NC, and didn't move to TN? Starting to get desparte!
Thanks, Sharon narbone@tscnet.com

Thomas Burgin Simth of North Carolina

Jane Womack (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 3:19PM GMT
I am looking for information on my great grandparents - Thomas Burgin Smith 8/10/1870 to 3/21/1938 married on 7/30/1891 to Joanna Charity Cline Smith 11/22/1873 to 7/9/1961 - I think they lived in Ashville North Carolina. I am also looking for information on Ruby Ida Jane Lell who was my grandmothr and was raised by Thomas Charity Smith.

john smit 4 sons

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 9:46AM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2004 5:06AM GMT
Helen,
Did your John smith and his four sons, Jourdan,George,Joseph,and Benjiman settle in Overton co. Tn in the 1800's when they came to Tennessee from North Carolina?
Thanks,
Jane

Re: John Smith

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 4:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: smith
do you know who jefferson davis married? my great great great grandfather's name is jefferson davis smith and lived in union county, arkansas. he was married to a susan vines. i can't find a death cert on him nor can i find a cemetery. also, have no idea about his parents. stuck and was wondering if this could help. thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions