Search for content in message boards

Weinheim an der Bergstrase ancestors

Norbert Kraemer (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lieboner
Do you have any information about your Lieboner ancestors? This surname can be found as Lipponer or Lippuner in Schoenau Steinach Valley in the Odenwald near Heidelberg. Also the Reinhard and Schwoebel surnames are quite often here in the Odenwald. The Lieboner/Lipponer/Lipponer family came from Wartau, Switzerland upper Rhine Valley abt 1660 to Schoenau in the Odenwald where they settled in a monastery together with Huguenot families from Belgium (all Protestants/Lutherans). My mother belongs to the Lipponer family and there are Lipponers in the states in the NY area, MD, and FL. familysearch.org contains a lot of entries from the church records in our area. Some specific questions use e-mail. Norbert

TONIA HANNEMANN (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HANNEMANN, REINHARD, BROCKENAUER, LIEBONER, SCHMITT, SCHWOEBEL
I am seeking information on how to research our ancestors who lived in the Weinheim an der Berstasse area . This weinheim is the one near the Odenwald, Mannheim and Heidelberg.
Our Hannemann and Reinhard ancestors came to the US in the 1920's. I do have the names and dates back for a few generations.
Tonia Hannemann in FL, USA

N. Kraemer (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lieboner
Do you really do research on your Lieboner ancestors? It's hard to believe - as you are so ignoring. I have tried several times to give some more information on the Lieboner's by email - but it didn't work. Your Lieboner's go back to the village of Schoenau (abt. 1650)

Schwoebel Ancestors

Matthew Schwoebel (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schwoebel
I am responding to the last surname on your list - Schwoebel. Our family arrived in the 1860's from Darmstadt, Germany. They settled along the Ohio River. Do you have any information on the Schwoebel side of your family? Matt Schwoebel from Austin, TX, USA.

Surname: Schwoebel

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 10:28PM GMT
Surnames: Schwoebel
I am looking for information about my family, The Schwoebel side of my family are from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I can only find information dating back to 1875 when my great grandfather was born, his name was Jacob Lambert Schwoebel.
Jacob's fathers name was Joseph Schwoebel and his mother was Barbara Ruffing. Can anyone help with information. Jacob also had a brother William L. Schwoebel.

Schwoebel (Schwabel) in Darmstadt

Posted: 20 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2003 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Schwabel, Schwoebel
My great grandfather Franz Schwabel (Born 1850)came from an estate near Darmstadt in the mid 1880's. We think the name origionally started out as Schwoebel. His father's name was also Franz. I have not been able to pinpoint a town. Does Franz show up in your family history?
Bob Schwabel

Re: Schwoebel (Schwabel) in Darmstadt

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Schwoebel, Schwabel
Sorry for the late response, but I was without Internet access for a while after moving. My information on the Schwoebel line in Germany is limited. Our first arriver in the US was a Jacob Schwoebel born in Darmstadt on 25 Feb. 1841. We do not have a list of his siblings. Is it possible that him and Franz were brothers? On Jacob's gravestone, the name is spelled Schvaebel. Chances are that the real spelling is Schwobel with the o umlauted, which could lead to Schvaebel and Schwabel. Please let me know if you have any information on the brothers of Franz. Matt Schwoebel.

Re: Schwoebel (Schwabel) in Darmstadt

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2003 7:22PM GMT
Been on vacation, just got back. I have no info on Franz Schwabel's siblings, so it looks like we need more data before we can identify a match. I agree, the name Schwabel probably started out Schwobel with an umlaut over the o.

Bob Schwabel

Re: William L. Schwoebel

Tracy Walter (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2001 12:44AM GMT
Does anyone have any information on William Schwoebel from Allegheny County, he is my great grandfather's brother and I would greatly appreciate any information anyone could share with me.

Re: Weinheim an der Bergstrase ancestors

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 6:01PM GMT
Hello,

I would be interested in knowing more about your Brockenauer family history. My great grandmother was Amanda Brockenauer who married Henry Heineking at Elgin, Kane County, Illinois in 1910. I have traced my Brockenauer family back to Weinheim, Germany.

Cheers,

Dave Ellison
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions