Search for content in message boards

MCGOOGAN,MCNEILLY, BALLYMENA, ANTRIM

MCGOOGAN,MCNEILLY, BALLYMENA, ANTRIM

helen turner (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
i AM SEARCHING FOR ANDREW MCGOOGAN B. BALLYMENA ABT 1875 SON OF JAMES MCGOOGAN AND NANCY (AGNES) MCNEILLY M 25 AUG 1860 BALLYMENA, CO. ANTRIM

MCNEILLY, Antrim

Helen Turner (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Hello Ian;

We might have a connection. All I know about her is that she married John McGookin 25 Aug 1860, Ballymena. (We also have McGookin spelled McGoogan.) The only children I could find for them were Tom; Mary Jane; Annie; Maggie b. 1867 in Dervock; and Andrew (my maternal grandfather)b. Ballymena abt. 1875. Did the Weir's attend Cook's Pres. Ch. in Toronto? If so, my parents probably new them. I would be really excited if you can add to this little bit. Thanks
..............Helen Turner

McNEILLY

Ian Miller (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am searching for McNeilly in Ballymena:

Alexander WEIR b. 1861 Co. Antrim

d. 23 Nov 1901 Ballymena, buried Ahoghill

Trinity Presbyterian Church
Annie McNEILLY b. 21 Jun 1866 Drumrammer, Co Antrim

m. 30 Sep 1882 Ballymena 2nd Presbyterian Church

d. 22 Jan 1936 York Co., Toronto

William WEIR b. 1885 Ballymena

d. Toronto
Alexander WEIR b. 1885(?) Ballymena

d. Toronto
Robert WEIR b. 1886 Ballymena

d. Toronto

David WEIR b. 29 May 1888 Ballymena

m. 5 Mar 1914 Sandgate to Martha PEPPLER

d. 16 Feb 1967 Brisbane, Queensland
Samuel WEIR b. 1891 Ballymena

m. to Mary Jane ? from Antrim

d. 2 Mar 1966 Childers, Queensland

Jane WEIR b. 1892 Ballymena

d. 1912 Ballymena - buried at Ahoghill Trinity Presbyterian Church
Henry WEIR b. 16 Dec 1897 Ballymena

d. Toronto

Drumrammer is just outside Ahoghill a couple of miles from Ballymena.

Annie McNeilly's sister married a McGUIGAN, which sounds very like McGOOGAN.

Any links?

Ian Miller

McNeilly family

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: McNeilly, Delaney, Moore, Hansford
HI!
I am searching the family of William McNeilly of Ireland I do not know his wifes name but I know that she lived to be 100 and they had thirteen children. One of which was David McNeilly born 1860 who married Martha Delaney in Belfast Pres. Church 1880.

Any links that may give me names of David s brothers and sisters and what his mothers name was would be great.

Re: MCGOOGAN,MCNEILLY, BALLYMENA, ANTRIM

Allen Bond (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 10:02PM GMT
Surnames: McGoogan, Mcaninch,Tait
My line is as follows: grandmother Margaret McGoogan born 1892 Clare Co., Mich; her father was James Cambell Mcgogan born 1862 of Dervock and Knochininch, Antrim, N. Ire. (wf Mary Mcaninch to Mich. via Canada); his father was John McClure Mcgoogan born 1821 (wf Mary Tait); his father James McGoogan b 1786 (wf Jane Cambell). An Andrew Mcgoogan was the cousin of John McClure Mcgoogan.

Re: McNEILLY

Posted: 5 May 2002 10:11PM GMT
Annie McNeilly was a daughter of William John McNeilly from Prockless, Randalstown.
Samuel Weir fought in the ist World War and I have a letter from him to my Grandmother who was his aunt.
William John McNeilly was born at Kellswater

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2003 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: McNeilly
Hello!
Do you have a date of birth for the William McNeilly you have . I am also trying to find a William McNeilly father of David McNeilly born 1860. In 1880 I have David getting married and his fathr is noted as a Wheelwright. could there be any link to your William John McNeilly?
I am not having much luck with info on this family I do know that David was one of thirteen children, and I think that his mother lived to be 100.
Any help would be great
regards Kathy

Matt McNeilly (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2003 10:39PM GMT
Hi Kathy,

William John McNeilly was born 1838 and died 1905 in the Ballymena area, N Ireland. He had a son David who was born about 1886 so it is not likely to be yours.
There are a lot of McNeilly families in this area and some of them went to Americia. I was always told that 3 brothers of my Great Grandfather went to the USA and I have a letter from a Great Uncle Robert McNeilly who in 1864 was staying with an Aunt & Uncle in the Glendive, Montana area but I do not know whether they McNeillys or Gillespies which was my Great Grandmothers name. There was also a son James and a daughter Hannah in this family.
Sorry I can't be of more help

Regards

Matt

Posted: 3 Jul 2009 2:25AM GMT
Hi Matt,
I'm trying to find some info on the parents of my great-grand father, David McNeilly. I think he was born in Antrim in about 1867... I know the children of David and his wifes name. Could this be the same David you refered to? My David was married to an Agnes Harvey.

Posted: 4 Jul 2009 11:25AM GMT
I am not sure if you know of the following sites

Marriage records from the following sites

1887 david MCNEILLY agnes Antrim

1887 david agnes HARVEY Antrim

http://www.emeraldancestors.com/

MCNEILLY DAVID 1887 Father is SAMUEL Antrim
HARVEY AGNES 1887 Father is JOSEPH Antrim

http://www.ancestryireland.com/

Before you buy any records double check what is available e.g. they only cover certain areas

There is also a will index on PRONI which could be worth a search

http://www.proni.gov.uk/index/search_the_archives/will_calen...

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions