Stone Family

Eusebius & Micajah Stone

Bill Stone (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stone
Jean,

Here's the information I have:

John Stone, an immigrant, received a land grant in 1725 in what was to become Caroline County, VA. John married Mary O'Brissel.

Their children were: John Stone, WILLIAM STONE (from which OUR lines descend), Nicholas Stone (the Quaker), Eusebius Stone, and Stephen Stone.

William Stone married Elizabeth Ann ??. Their children were: Eusebius Stone, Jeremiah Stone, Micajah Stone (your line), Manoah Stone, Stephen Stone (my line), and William Stone Jr.

Here's what I know about Micajah:

Born 1745 in Caroline County, VA

Died: 1799 in Bedford County, VA

The rest of this information differs from yours:

I have that Micajah married Apphia Hurt, and that

they had eleven children in Bedford County, VA.

Some of their children moved to Lincoln County, TN

I show that Eusebius (Micajah's BROTHER) married Susannah Ballard. He served as a lieutenant in the French and Indian War about 1758 under a young George Washington. Most of Eusebius and Susannah's children moved to Overton County, TN.

Our information differs in that you show Micajah as a son of Eusebius. My information shows that Micajah and Eusebius were brothers, both sons of William Stone and Mary O'Brissell. Another son (and brother of Eusebius and Micajah) was Stephen Stone, who was my ggg-grandfather. I guess that would make us cousins of sorts, but I'm not quite smart enough to figure out how.

I am a retired teacher living in Flagstaff, AZ, where my wife is a professor of education.

Stone Family

Jean Caddel (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Casterson, Ballard, O'Bissell, White
Looking for information on Eusebious Stone, who married Susannah Ballard ca 1752, probably in Caroline Co. He had one son, Micajah (my line), who married Martha Casterson, and moved to Overton Co., Tenn., where he died ca 1829-30. Probate filed there in 1830 by Martha and two sons.
Other children of Eucebious & Susannah Stone are Eucebious Jr. m. Theodosia Nunn; William, m. Elizabeth Nunn; Millicent m. Lewis Franklin; Richard m. Martha (?); Jeremiah m. Polly Baker; John m. Elizabeth Spencer; Stephen Turner m. Bethsheba Hurt.
Was Micajah of Bedford Co, Virginia, the brother of Eusebious?
Micajah is thought to be the son of William Stone, who was the son of John and Mary O'Brissell Stone of Caroline Co.

Caroline Co. Va.
13 Jan 1737 (1738)
"The last will and testament of John Stone was present in court by Mary Stone executrix and proved by James Pendleton and Elizabeth Pendleton, two of the witnesses. On motion of the executrix dertificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof, she giving security, to wit Eusebious Stone and Thomas White."

Is there a way for a person to order this probate from Caroline County?
Any information will be appreciated, and will be glad to exchange any information that I may have.

stone family

Fritz Milligan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: stone
I am also looking for information on parents of Eusbious Stone b. 1732 Caroline Co. d. 1798 in Henry Co. m. Susanna Ballard daughter of Richard Ballard of Bedford Co. and Elizabeth Orrick of Bedford Co.. According to undocumented information Eusibious Stone was son of William Stone and Elizabeth ?, and William was son of John Stone b. Staffordshire, England m. Mary O'Brissell Nov. 10, 1687 in Middlesex Parish d. of Thomas O'Brissell. John Stone was son of Richard Stone m. Dorothy Belcher. If anyone has documentation of this line, I would certainly like to see it. Will be happy to share all information I have on the Stone and Ballard families. My grandfather was John F. Stone b. Henry Co., Va. Fritz Milligan

Quaker connection

John W. Pruett, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pruett, Stone
Hi Bill!

I know this is a shot in the dark, but did you come across
any information on the Quaker community that existed near
Golansville in Caroline County between 1739 and 1853. I am
trying to link my Pruett relatives to the first Pruett in
Caroline:William Pruett(1651-1748). William Pruett was
married to Mary Stone and its possible they were Quakers.
William's father was Thomas Pruett of Charles River,VA who
was written up because he and his wife were not married in
established church. I was also wondering if the early Stone
family is generally connected to the Quaker religion?
John

Re: stone family

Posted: 2 Mar 2002 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: stone
I am also looking for information on this side of the familyand have some info and would be willing to shar it.
thanks
Victor

Re: Stone Family

Jim Lynch (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2002 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Stone
I am researching my Stone family from Lunenburg County. I have proven that the Lunenburg Stone family was not a descendant family from the William of York. It now appears that the Lunenburg Stone family descends from John Stone and Mary O'Brissell. I would like to exchange information on the family of Stone's from Caroline County. Have found the migration route from Middlesex. Hope to hear from you.

Re: Stone Family

Bob Allen (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2003 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Taylor, Gatewood, Baker, Wheeler, Meador, Gregory
It seems to me that the following information pertains to your Stone family of Caroline Co., VA. I do question whether this Mary Stone's maiden name was O'Brissell.

In 1745/46, Mary Stone, gave a deposition in Caroline Co., VA, in which she says she was age 68 (born in 1677) in which she said she knew James Taylor who died in 1698 and attended his funeral. She further states that she was married to John Stone, deceased, who I surmise was likely born in the 1670s also. I am thinking that he was the son of the below-mentioned William Stone.

A William Stone was deeded 250 acres of land in (Old) Rappahannock Co., VA in 1679/80 from Richard Gregory. This land later fell into Essex Co., VA. It was on Hoskins Creek. This William Stone and his wife, Sarah, deeded this land to Francis Merewether in 1699. In the deed, he was described as from "Richmond County". Do you know anything more about this William Stone from Richmond Co., VA? Another posting suggests that he died in Richmond Co., VA in 1708/09. I would like to learn the contents of his Will or any. Does anybody know Sarah Stone's (wife of William Stone's) maiden name? When did they marry?

Anyway, this land owned by William Stone, purchased from Richard Gregory in 1679/80, was adjacent to land owned by James Taylor (which was formerly owned by his wife, Mary Gregory, before her marriage, sister to Richard Gregory), Thomas Wheeler (brother-in-law to Richard and Mary Gregory), John Meador and John Gatewood in 1670/80. In 1699, John Meador and John Gatewood disappears from the adjacent land owners and John Moodey appears. In 1708/09, Francis Merewether deeded this land to Amy Gatewood, widow of John Gatewood, and the line of John Meador is mentioned in the legal description. Ann Gatewood soon thereafter married Joseph Baker.

Re: stone family

Posted: 4 Aug 2007 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Stone, O'Brissell, Weaver, Wolfensberger
I too am looking for the Stone family information. What I have is sparse, but it ties into what you have...

I am also looking for information on parents of Eusbious Stone b. 1732 Caroline Co. d. 1798 in Henry Co. m. Susanna Ballard daughter of Richard Ballard of Bedford Co. and Elizabeth Orrick of Bedford Co.. According to undocumented information Eusibious Stone was son of William Stone and Elizabeth ?, and William was son of John Stone b. Staffordshire, England m. Mary O'Brissell Nov. 10, 1687 in Middlesex Parish d. of Thomas O'Brissell. John Stone was son of Richard Stone m. Dorothy Belcher. If anyone has documentation of this line, I would certainly like to see it. Will be happy to share all information I have on the Stone and Ballard families. My grandfather was John F. Stone b. Henry Co., Va. Fritz Milligan

I track my lineage back to John Stone of Born: Abt 1667
Rugeley, , Staffordshire, England Died:Abt 1736
Caroline County, Virginia, USA
and his wife Mary O'Brissell Born: Abt 1678 Christ Church Par, Middlesex, Virginia, USA Died: Abt 1747 Caroline, , Virginia, USA

I have information past here, but am unsure of it. any and all information that you have, I would appreciate, and I will send what I have to you.

Not sure if you're relations decent to the Stone's that settled in Bastrop Texas, however, if so, I am making a pilgrimage there in the next couple months to trace the steps of the Stones. If you would like me to research something, let me know.

Thank You,
Kevin Stone

Re: Eusebius & Micajah Stone

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 8:35PM GMT
I think we may have some links along the Stone family lines, however I am not positive about my research, and was wondering if I would be able to compare the information to yours.

John Stone married Mary O’Brissel
Sons were WILLIAM STONE (where my line descends , Nicholas Stone (the Quaker), Eusebius Stone, and Stephen Stone. (I also have John Stone and a Sarah Stone)
Again, I am not sure about these links to my family history.

From my information, my WILLIAM STONE married Elizabeth Ann (Roberson I believe) Their children were Eusebius Stone, Jeremiah Stone, Micajah Stone, Manoah Stone, STEPHEN STONE SR. (where my line descends), and William Stone

Stephen Stone Sr. married Kezziah A. Their children were EUCEBIOUS STONE (where my line descends , Mildred Stone, Frances Stone, William W. Stone, Dorothea Stone, Stephen Stone Jr., Nicolas Stone, Catherine Stone and Docia Stone.

Eusebius Stone married Mary Duke. Their children were Catherine Stone, Barnet W. Stone, Eli Stone, FOUNTAIN GARRETT STONE (where my line descends, Matilda Stone, Mary Stone, Docia Stone, and Sarah Stone.

Fountain garrett Stone married Anna Maria McDonald. Their children were WILLIAM EUCEIOUS STONE (where my line descends), Amanda Stone, Bradley G. Stone, Mary A. Stone, Acada Elizabeth Stone, Finas Asbury Stone, Wyatt Mitchell Stone, Thomas Granville Stone and Patrick Henry Stone.

William Eusebius Stone married Sara Francis Sorrell. Their children were Mary E. Stone, Susan A. Stone, Francis Marion Stone, William Arcada Stone, Arcadius Milton Stone, NAT or NATHANIAL or MATHIAS STONE (where my line descends), and Jacob Eusebius Stone.

This is where I am 90% accurate on my lineage, since I have been able to confirm these people and dates with my parents and grandparents…

NAT or Nathanial or Mathias Stone married Fannie Weaver. Their children were Alma Stone, Belo Stone, Oliver Stone, SEAB (Eusebius) Stone (My ggrandfather) and Alfred Hanaford Stone.

Seab Stone married Grace goldie Chesney and had one son NAT STONE (my Grandfather)

Nat Stone married Mondonna LeSuere and had two sons, GARY NAT STONE (my father) and Michael Don Stone.

If you and I have any ancestors in common, I will be more than happy to email you the dates and information I have if you are able to assist me as well.

KevinStone@charter.net

Re: Eusebius & Micajah Stone

Posted: 8 Mar 2014 6:50PM GMT
Kevin, I don't know if you're still active, but I would like to know more about the Stones in Caroline. I have traced my family back to Hanover County, Virginia -- just south of Caroline. I have a John F. Stone, born ca. 1795, and I believe he is the son of an Anthony Stone, born ca. 1775. They lived in northern Hanover county near the Caroline County line (near Fork Church between the North & South Anna Rivers). I haven't been able to make a connection, but I feel like there is one ,, My John F. had 4 brothers, 1 named William, and 1 named Stephen -- not sure about the other 2. It seems the sons of William are not the connection, but you mentioned you also had a John, son of John & brother of William -- I'm wondering if that is a possibility here. Please let me know if you think you might have any information that might help. Thanks!

Laurie Stone Eldridge
Hanover County, VA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic