Search for content in message boards

John Bond in Tennessee

John Bond in Tennessee

Isabel Bly Pardo (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2000 7:39PM GMT
My 5-greats grandfather was John Bond. He lived in Tennessee and was the wealthiest man in the state at that time. He owned a cotton plantation, and the first steamboat that went to New Orleans. He died in Brownsville, TN. I understand he had 13 children also. Any info would be great, there's so MANY John Bond(s) on here!

grandfather of tenn

help (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 10:34PM GMT
what natioality was he?

To "HELP"...Hope I'm responding correctly!

Isabel (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2000 4:01PM GMT
All I know thus far is that Thomas Bond came from Wilshire, England.
Obviously English. He is before our John Bond. I'm not sure if he's
his
father or great grandfather. Is this a help?

John Bond

gail (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 10:52AM GMT
Is your John Bond same as ours? B. l750/l756 in Halifax Co., VA Married l824 in Ky to Susanna Wade. Died l824 in KY. We are unable to go back any further - maybe you have? Gail ladybug@arends-sons.com

John Andy Bond

Posted: 4 Dec 2000 8:39PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 4:45AM GMT
My gf was John Andy Bond who was born in Tenn in abut 1875 died in Dallas Texas 1948 was Married to Lillie Gooden wh was from Tenn as well. Any relation to you I'm also doing a ancestry search.

John Bond

Posted: 24 Dec 2000 12:29PM GMT
I have my John Bond dying in Brownsville, TN. He had 13 children and owned the first cotton steamboat to go down the Missippi River to New Orleans. I'm not sure on the dates, yet. But he had owned 1,000 slaves, and set them free upon death. I believe it was in the 1800's. Will have more definining info shortly!

Bond family of Brownsville Tn and North Carolina

Melva Renae Bond-Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 9:43PM GMT
MY 5TH GREAT GRANDFATHER'S NAME WAS JOHN BOND, MARRIED SARA WEST. I BELIEVE THEIR SON, JAMES BOND (MARRIED #1 PENELOPE LEGGETT,MARRIED#2 MILDRED TOMASIA OWEN) MIGRATED TO BROWNSVILLE, TN FROM BERTIE COUNTY NORTH CAROLINA. JOHN BOND HAD A UNCLE NAMED THOMAS BOND. SOME OF THE FAMILY HISTORY FOR THIS FAMILY OF BOND CAN BE FOUND IN A BOOK ~TITTLED, HISTORY OF HAYWOOD COUNTY,WHICH WAS PUBLISHED APPROXIMATELY 10 YEARS AGO. JOHN BOND MARRIED SEVERAL TIMES, BUT I KNOW ONLY THE NAME OF THE WIFE I AM DESCENDANT FROM. I AM DESCENDAT FROM JAMES BOND'S SON JUDGE WILLIAM WEST BOND AND A SLAVE NAMED SARA. HOPEFULLY THE INFORMATION I HAVE GIVEN YOU IS HELPFUL. ACCORDING THIS BOOK, THE BIOGRAPHIES MENTIONING JAMES BOND INDICATES HE WAS REPUTED TO BE LARGEST LAND OWNER AND TO BE THE WEALTHIEST MAN IN TENNESSE, BOTH BEFROE AND AFTER THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES. JAMES BOND CAME TO TENESSE IN 1836, HE WAS BORN 8/12/1799 AND DIED IN LATE JULY 1873.

About Our Bonds :)

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 6:43PM GMT
I do believe you and I share a heritage!! I've sent my mother your reply and asked for her response. I DO KNOW that a lot of my Bonds in TN were Judges! Did you look at all of my listings on Bonds?! My mother has something with dates I'm supposed to get from her soon, I just started this, but, yes I do believe we're on the right track here. Please be patient as I have to for her dates. Does a cotton mill and the first cotton steamboat going to New Orleans ring a bell? Thank you so much for your response, I'll give more info when my mother gets it to me!My 5 greats grandfather John Bond died in Brownsville,TN. My Great Grandfather, My Grandfather, and my uncle are all Humphrey Bate Bond. Grandpa was in the army died age 57 and is buried in Arlington Cemetery. Again, I will get those dates to you as soon as I get them!

Bond Family from Haywood County, TN

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 2:01PM GMT
This is Isabel Bly Bond, the mother of Isabel Bly Pardo. In response to your message about Judge William West Bond from Brownsville, my grandfather was Humphrey Bate Bond, my father was Humphrey Bate Bond, Jr., and my brother is Humphrey Bate Bond III. My grandfather's brother was Judge W.W. Bond, who lived on Main Street in Brownsville.
My great-great grandfather was James Bond, born 12 Aug 1799 in Willow Hall, Bertie County, N.C., died 20 July 1873, in Brownsville, Haywood County, TN. His wife was Penelope Rascoe Leggett, born 11 January1808 in Bertie County, N.C., died 25 July 1849, in Brownsville, TN. Does this help you? I do believe we have our ancestry in common! Please reply!~

Bond slaves of Bertie county,NC

carolyn watson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 11:22AM GMT
My great grand father was a freed slaved and he was called Luke Bond,
do you have any property logs available from ater the war. Luke Bond was a share cropper.
if you have any information please email me at nubian59@hotmail.com, I am putting together
information for my children. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions