Search for content in message boards

Zilla Gertrude Booth/Nathan Chaffin

Zilla Gertrude Booth/Nathan Chaffin

Posted: 29 Oct 2000 12:09AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 7:50AM GMT
Zilla Gertrude Booth married Nathan Chaffin, my ggrandmother was daughter Sarah Catherine Chaffin. Sarah married William Jacob Wilson. I do not know anything else, can you help?

Re: Zilla Gertrude Booth/Nathan Chaffin

D.W. Noel (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: CHAF(F)IN, BOOTH(E)
I believe that there was a marraige between these two recorded circa 1815 in Montgomery Co., Va. (Christiansburg).
I am trying to prove children of John Chaffin and Rebecca Curnutt Chaffin. They married July 23, 1798 also in Montgomery Co.
Rebecca Chapin (note difference in spelling) was the only Chaffin of any spelling in the 1810 Montg'y census. She had two males 0-10; 1 female 10-16; and one female 16-26. (This oldest female is assumed to be Rebecca herself.) Family tradition says that John died early in life and left a widow with several small children. (Rebecca remarried to Jonathan Akers circa 1815. No marriage record found to date. She died at age 98, circa 1882, in Floyd or Montg'y Co., Va.)
Nathan may??? have been the son of John & Rebecca. He could also have been kin to a Jordan Chaffin (h/o Elizabeth Berry who married in Montg'y Co.July 16, 1798. Rebecca's John was a witness, but Jordan did not reciprocate.)
Simon and Agatha (Curnutt) Chaffin may???? have been the parents of Jordan and John??? NOT PROVEN.
Simon Chaffin had a Nathan Chaffin as a cousin, so the name apparently was continued as a popular one in the Chaffin family, if only for a generation or two.
I'd be interested in what you find if this info helps to connect our lines together.
Donnie

Re: Zilla Gertrude Booth/Nathan Chaffin

Eleanor Loomis Levine (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 8:56PM GMT
Donnie
Just received your message, thank you. I have no idea if this will fit but will work on it. At this moment I am knee deep in different line(paternal for me) and will take a few days to sort this out. I will get back to you...My Email is L330Nornie@aol.com...if you send yours I will contact you direct. You have done more on this line than I have and it would be great if it connects. My Nathan did marry Zillah in Lawrence co Ohio 8 Jan 1843(have doc). Here Chafin was spelled with one 'f'.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic