Search for content in message boards

Choates of Southern Illinois

Choates of Southern Illinois

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Choates
I was wondering if anyone could help me, Im tryin to find proof of my native american ancestors
my ggrandmother was Nola Choate (1901-1995), her first marriage was to James Samuel Lambert (1897-1958) they had 6 kids, 1 of which was adopted, and her 2nd was to Uriah Henry Warner.
Nola's parents were Absalom Hooper Choate Jr.( 1849-1924)and Martha Viola Pendergrass (1873-1946). They were both born in Tunnel Hill, Johnson Co, Illinois, and both died in Jamestown, Independence Arkansas.
Has anyone ever heard of any Choates being Blackfoot?
Thanks

Re: Choates of Southern Illinois

kathy rushing (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2004 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: choate and related families
hi kelly there is a choate history on the southern illinois choates and related families and i don't think it says anything about blackfoot indians i think it has that the choate family you are asking about have some cherokee ancestors i will check my book and make sure and will let you know. i am related to the choates in the above book so we might also be related kathy

Posted: 5 Mar 2005 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Choate
Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated, I keep running into dead ends!

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 4:02AM GMT
Surnames: Choate, Rushing
Kathy, My father was James Lynn Choate born in Illinois. He was the son of Walter Marion Choate and Bertha Mathilda Rushing. I was just wondering if we might be related as we both have both Choate and Rushing in our family. I have information on the Rushing side of my family but not much on the Choate side. Maybe you could help me. Thanks for your help. Karen

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 2:29PM GMT
Surnames: Choate
Hi,
I'm looking for a Sarah Josephine or Josephine Sarah Choate b. 1862 in Illinois. I don't have the names of her parents, but she married her cousin (at least I think they were cousins) Joseph Sylvester Choate. I'm at a brick wall here, and I really really hope you can help me :)
Thanks for your time.
Leesa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic