Search for content in message boards

HidalgoCountyCemetary

HidalgoCountyCemetary

Posted: 18 Jan 2001 7:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Oct 2010 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Villanueva
There are quite a few cemetaries in Mercedes,Tx.this town was the sweetheart of the valley alot of people came there to make money.One cemetary in particular is called the Cavazos Cemetary.Another one I found is asmall one in Progreso,Tx. this is a small town before you cross to Nuevo Progreso Mx.I's called San Pedro and the town was called Parajitos. If it is of any help. I actually found my grtgrt grandfather buried there and his wife by chance it was very exciting. Thought I'd share that.I am looking for Villanuevas in Donna,Tx. back in the 1840's moved to Nuevo Progreso,Mx.later

South Texas Cemeteries

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 8:46PM GMT
You are right, there are a lot of small, obscure cemeteries in the valley. I was also born in Donna, Tx. and raised in Pharr, Tx.
There is a Jackson Cemetery, a Rutledge Cemetery, two Brewster cemeteries. These are all remote and are located in or near what was known as the San Juan Plantation.

Mercedes Cemetaries

Posted: 28 Jan 2001 7:40PM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2010 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Palacios
Hello! I am wondering if the little "Cavazos Cemetary" you visited was on the El Azadon Ranch outside of Mercedes? That's where my ancestors are buried. I was just there the beginning of January 2001 for a funeral and took pictures of the gravestones. It is a very well-kept, peaceful resting place. My great grandfather, Lauro Palacios, lived on the ranch when they came over in 1912. If anyone is interested in seeing pictures of the gravestones, email me and I will scan them and email them to you. I should be getting the pictures this week. AAPal@aol.com (Anita Palacios Collins)

Re: Mercedes Cemetaries

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 8:48AM GMT
I know this post is 11 years after your lasr post but if you are still have the photos of the cemetery I would like to see them Thanks LaraElena
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions