Search for content in message boards

Headland Baptist Cemetery

Headland Baptist Cemetery

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: campbell,kirkland,whitten
I have information that my gr-grandparents are buried in this cemetery. I am unable to find any information on this cemetery. I know that Headland is in Henry Co. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Amanda Campbell Megason

Re: Headland Baptist Cemetery

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 2:46AM GMT
The cemetery is located in Headland, Henry Co, AL. If you will provide the names of the persons you are searching for I probably can help. There are several Campbells and a couple of Kirklands.I have relatives buried there myself.

Betty

Posted: 26 Dec 2007 4:29AM GMT
Thank you. I'm for sure of James Augustus Campbell 1848-1919 and his wife Sarah Kirkland Campbell 1850-1942. There is also their son Willliam Taylor Campbell 1881-1950 and his wife Jessie Ella Campbell 1885-1950. I'm not sure of any other Kirklands. Wm. and Jessie had a son Darius who died in his early 20's. If you find Wm and Jessie would you look to see if Darius is buried nearby? I so appreciate this.

Posted: 26 Dec 2007 4:30AM GMT
Thank you. I'm for sure of James Augustus Campbell 1848-1919 and his wife Sarah Kirkland Campbell 1850-1942. There is also their son Willliam Taylor Campbell 1881-1950 and his wife Jessie Ella Campbell 1885-1950. I'm not sure of any other Kirklands. Wm. and Jessie had a son Darius who died in his early 20's. If you find Wm and Jessie would you look to see if Darius is buried nearby? I so appreciate this.

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Gamble, Weems
Hello Betty,
If you are local could you possibly take some photos of headstones in the cemetery? I only ask because we live in Mexico and there is no way I will ever get back to Alabama. I am looking for any of the Gamble or Weems families. I would be more than willing to pay your expenses and say an extra prayer of thanks.
Thank you,
Myrna Jorgensen

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 7:05PM GMT
Hello to you Myrna,

I live in NW Florida, but have family still in the SE counties of Alabama. I am planning to go back to Headland about the third of Feb. and will follow up on your request. I always take pictures when I "play" in the cemeteries. Love my local family history and helping others track theirs. Get back with me after the fifth of Feb.
Betty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions