Search for content in message boards

Blairs of Ontario to 1901

Blairs of Ontario to 1901

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 7:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 May 2003 11:19AM GMT
Surnames: Blair
I maintain an off-line database for Blairs who resided in Ontario to 1901. Some are members of my family but most are not. I have records for Stormont County on file. Over 170 sources. Queries & postings welcome. Copy of database, about 230K, available upon request in html format.

Re: Blairs of Ontario to 1901

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 1:55AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2004 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Poaps
Have you hear of JH.Blair. I am related to the Blairs.

John

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: BLAIR
John:

It is difficult to find a name with only the first initials and no specific time period. I have records of a number of J Blairs living in Stormont County and a number of J H Blairs living in other counties.

To assist you in your search I am replying to your query at Stormont Co GenWeb and to your home email address as well. I am attaching two files from the Blairs of Ontario database and emailing them to your email address for your perusal. The files may be opened in a web browser such as Explorer or Netscape. They will be scanned for viruses at hotmail.com.

Good luck in your search for J H Blair. If you would like to publish your email address and additional information on any Blair relations in Ontario to 1901 within the database please let me know.

Best of luck,
Fred

Lee (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 8:06AM GMT
Surnames: Blair
I have just recently started on my Blair family search and I was hoping you may be able to help me. I think the first of my family that I know of were Robert(born in the early 1800's) and Rose Blair, who for sure had a sons named James and Joseph. Robert may have had a brother named Edward. I think they may have lived in and around the Stormont County. Any help you may be able to give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Lee

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 2:21PM GMT
Lee:

I am replying to your query at Rootsweb.com and with attachments to your home email address.

You are researching the family of Robert Blair & Rose Colquohoun, born 1790 & 1791 in Ireland, and who settled in Stormont Co in 1836.

This family is also being researched by Erin Blair, <inuuk@sympatico.ca>. Robert's brother Edward's family is being researched by Bob Blair, <rblair@magma.ca> & by Elizabeth Devolin, <jimbet@sympatico.ca>. They will be interested in corresponding with you.

I am not related to these families but have collected material on them. I am attaching 5 files from the Blairs of Ontario to 1901 database. The files may be opened in a web browser such as Explorer or Netscape. They will be scanned for viruses at hotmail.com.

Please read the "index" file first. Robert & Rose will be listed with the R's by birth date. Follow the cross-references to other family members. Once you have updated your records you may wish to contact Erin, Bob, & Elizabeth to compare notes.

If you have material to add to the database or would like your email address published as a contact person please let me know.

Happy trails,
Fred Blair

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 5:14PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2003 3:40PM GMT
I am a descendent of Edward Blair, Robert's brother.
I have a considerable amount of the trees of both brothers. The detailed work for Robert Blair was done by Erin Blair (mentioned). The detailed work for Edward Blair was done by Elizabeth Devolin.
Ive been mostly consolidating and loading the information into Family Tree Maker.
Would like to hear any other side re the info.

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 9:47PM GMT
A reply has been sent to your email address.

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 9:09PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2002 11:53PM GMT
I am looking for info on the Blair family of Moose Creek Ontario. Adelard Blair & Edna Sauve & Lina Scarbeau. Their son Percy married Rose Beauvais my husbands aunt. I would like to know more about Their Ancestry if you have anything.
Thanks
Frances

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 12:59PM GMT
Frances:

Sorry, no likely information on the following Blairs: Adelard, Edna, Lina, Percy, or Rose. Do you have dates?

For Moose Creek, I have two records:

WILLIAM born Jun 1, 1890, Moose Creek, Stormont Co, married Edna Eleanor Grant, died Oct16, 1959, Montreal, Ile-de-Montreal, Que (83) (201)

WILLIAM EDWARD died Jul 20, 1957, of Moose Creek, Prescott/Russell Co (32)

Happy trails,
Fred Blair

fredblairorillia@hotmail.com

Posted: 15 Feb 2003 8:49PM GMT
I too have Blairs in our family tree our Blairs came to cornwall circa 1810 but they came from St Eustache, Québec where their name was spelled Blais but in Ontario their names became blair if i can help you i am willing to share my tree with you jacquie merpaw
per page

Find a board about a specific topic