Search for content in message boards

Col. Wilson Duggan's children

Col. Wilson Duggan's children

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 7:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking researchers of the Duggan's of Sevier County. I am researching Robert Campbell Duggan and Dicy Shrader.

Re: Col. Wilson Duggan's children

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 12:27AM GMT
have some info on Col.Wilson Duggan, Are you related to them if so how...I am decended from Rober "Robbin"Duggan..

Vicki

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 7:31AM GMT
My only interest is Robert Campbell Duggan, who married Dicy Shrader. I am related on the Shrader side.

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 3:11PM GMT
Robert Campbell Duggan(Wilson L,Robert C,Hugh)was born Dec.1849 in Tennessee and died 17 June 1900 in Sevier County, Tennessee He married Dicie Shrader 21,Dec 1871 in Sevier County, Tn.daughter of Henry Shrader and Elizabeth Barnhart, she was born abt 1856 in Tennessee..
Notes for Robert Campbell Duggan: 1850 Census-Eastern Division 12, Sevier County Tennessee Robert age 1 living in the household of his parents, 1860 census-district 3 sevier county tn,Robert age 11 living in the household of his parents.1870-census-farm laborer Fairgarden district 3 sevier county tenn. Robert age 19 living in household of his parents Wilson and Elizabeth Duggan. 19 june 1880 census-Farmer Fairgarden, district 3 sevier county tenn Robert C Duggan is 30 yrs of age.

Hope this helps. I am a cousin of robert campbell duggan,not sure how many back but my line starts with Robert "Robbin" Duggan..
guess we are cousins....

Vicki

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 4:31PM GMT
Where do you get the info he died in 1900? For Campbell Duggan is found in 1900 in Collin COunty, Texas, with his second wife Mary Jane. Campbell Duggan is buried, per family sources I contacted at Forest Grove Cemetery in McKinny, Texas. Too many people get something off the internet, and don;t actually talk to family members. SInce that posting I have done extensive research and have found a lot of wrong information posted on him. It is true that he died between 1900-1910, but he left Sevier County in 1893, and moved to Collin County, Texas. He was married twice. Dicy died between 1885 and 1889, because his second wife had a child Lula born in 1890. I looked long and hard, but he is listed as CAMEL DUGGAN in Collin County, Texas, with second wife Mary Jane, and children Oscar, Charles, Roscoe, Bertie, Lula, and Lucy.

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 6:57PM GMT
This was not taken from the internet by no means. I have a genealogy book that lists Duggan descendants that I obtained from a reliable source that has researched our family history and is also a duggan descendant..

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 12:49AM GMT
Well you say he died in Sevier County, but he is in the 1900 census of Collin County. Just wondered, Do you have that he is buried at Forest Grove?

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 1:13AM GMT
I don't show where he was buried at all..

I do see the children of Dicey and Robert listed as:
William L.
Osker
Charles
Bruce

where the other children of Mary jane and Robert? there was also a Robert Jr..

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 3:08AM GMT
1900 Collin County
Camie Duggan age 55--transcribed on Ancestry as Coma
Mary Jane 53
Oscar 25
Charles 22
Roscoe 16
Bertie 15
Lula age 10
Lucy age 8

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 1:03AM GMT
I'm sorry that we have conflicting info but this is what I have..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions