Search for content in message boards

Alfred Meredith Finley, McDowell County, NC 1840

Alfred Meredith Finley, McDowell County, NC 1840

Posted: 10 May 2001 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Dec 2008 11:27AM GMT
Surnames: Finley
i am looking for information in alfred meredith finley, married to nancy woody, 8 children. will appreciate any info

Re: Alfred Meredith Finley, McDowell County, NC 1840

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 1:00AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2008 11:28AM GMT
Surnames: Finley, Woody, McEntire, McIntyres, McIntires
I have Finleys and Woodys in my family tree.
The Woodys married Chisms who married McEntires/McIntyres.mcIntires.
Margaret Finley was my grandfather's first wife. 1870-1912. I don't know any more about her other than she married my grandfather in SC, I think and they had at least five or six children whom i am trying to find. He was John W (Wylie?) McIntyre/McIntire and we think he may have been born in Spartanburg, SC or that part on NC across the baorder form it and yes, Our Finleys were supposed ot have been Cherokees and my grandfather was supposed to have been at least one-half to a quarter.
My grandfather was born 1869 and died 17 Apr 1934. I nevber knew him. The one photo I saw of him shows a man who looks just like an Indian. My grandmother looked Indian as well but all of her sisters looked white. There were Cherokees in her family as well. MArtha Rose Turner.

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 11:36PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2008 11:28AM GMT
Surnames: Finley
Hello,

I am a decendent of Alfred Meredith Finley from McDowell County, NC. I would like to share info with you.

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Woody, Lackey, Duncan
I am descended from Alfred Meredith Finley of McDowell (Burke) County NC through Nelson Calvin (1845-1892) and Alfred Moore Finley (1872-1944). I would like to share information.

Posted: 9 Feb 2014 11:15PM GMT
My husband is a descent of Alfred Meredith Finley though Nelson Finley and James Calvin Finley and James Lloyd Finley. I have been working on the family tree for about 10 years and keep running into brick walls. If anyone has any information that will help me to find out who the parents are of Alfred it would be most appreciated. Thanks Melba you can email me at kd4yjp@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic