Surnames: McCarty
McCarty's listed in 1850 Virginia Census Berkeley County
John McCarty b. 1810 Ireland
Elizabeth b. 1817 Ireland
son Michael b. 1841 Ireland
son John b. 1837 Ireland
dau Mary b. 1843 Ireland
son Charles b. 1849 Virginia
Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.

McCartys in Maine in 1850s

Posted: 30 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: McCarty, Sullivan
I have McCarty ancestors but am not sure they lived in County Cork..I have not been able to find out yet. They did live in Rockland, Me in the 1850s and he (Florence) worked in the Lime kilns as a lime burner. His wife was Johanna, son Jeremiah, daughter Mary (both born in Ireland) then Ellen and Annie(Johanna) born in Rockland......
any connection???

McCarty

Kathy Hurley (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McCarty
My grandfather Williard Sherman McCarty was born 5-7-1876 either in VA or Cloerain, OH. Memory has it that his father worked for a black plantation owner in VA prior to going to Colerain. Family has told me his father was Isaac McCarty, however, I have not found that as fact. I have contacted relatives in Martins Ferry, OH area that say his uncle was a John McCarty. They did come from Cork County, Ireland to the US, but I do not know when. They are supposed to have immigrated from Scotland to Cork before that. My grandfather was a Quaker.

MC CARTY FAMILY

CEALIE CONRAN (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MC CARTY, STROUP, HILLOCK
I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN ANY INFORMATION ON THE MC CARTY FAMILY. MY MC CARTY'S LIVED IN PHILADELPHIA PA. MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME WAS MC CARTY. BRIDGIT MC CARTY. ACCORDING TO THE 1870 CENSUS SHE ALSO HAD A BROTHER JOHN MARRIED TO MARY WITH FOUR CHILDREN.JOHN BORN IRELAND 1832. BRIDGIT BORN IRELAND 1844.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic