Search for content in message boards

REMLINGER, Nicholas

REMLINGER, Nicholas

Sue Goodfellow (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Nicholas Remlinger, "Manlius, was born near Manlius Station, Oct. 8, 1833. Michael, his father, was a native of Alsace, now a part of Germany, and came to this country in 1832, locating on a piece of timber land of 25 acres in the town of Manlius, where he reared his family of seven children and spent the balance of his days. He died in Dec. 1852, aged 71 years. Nicholas, the youngest, and Mrs. Rauch, of Syracuse, are the only children now living. Nicholas was given a good common school education, then engaged in farming, which he has since followed with the exception of a few years spent on the railroad. In 1863 he took charge of the Henry Reals farm of 200 acres at Manlius Center, which he has since conducted. Mr. Remlinger and his family are members of the Catholic church at Manlius Station. In 1861 he married Jane Walk, who died Sept. 22, 1869, leaving two children: Amelia, wife of Frank Cesters, a railroad man of Manlius Station; and Charles A., a railroad man, of Geneva. April 8, 1870, Mr. Remlinger married Elizabeth Cesters, of Auburn, by whom he has seven children: Augusta J., Jennie, John, Frank and Fred, twins, Willis and Matthew, all living at home." Source: Bruce, Dwight H. (Ed.), Onondaga's Centennial. Boston History Co., 1896, Vol. II, p. 192.

MARRIAGE OF REMLINGER, JOHN

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: REMLINGER JOHN SR, REMLINGER JOHN JR, REMLINGER LOUIS, REMLINGER PAULINE, REMLINGER GEORGE, SEIBERT MARY ELIZABETH, SEIBERT JOHN, SEIBERT JANE, FISCHER ADAM, SCHNEIDER MAGDELINE
John REMLINGER, was born in 1832, in the Alsace-Lorraine area France. I do not know if he came to the US with his parents, or at an older age by himself or family. John REMLINGER did marry in 1851 to Mary SEIBERT in Manlius Station, Onondaga, New York. They did have 5 children while living in Manluis Station; John Jr. bd 1852, Paulina (Polly) b 1855, George b. 1857, and Louis b. 10-06-1861 all in Manlius Station, Onondaga County, New York. In 1865 he came west to Arcadia, Trempealeau County, WI. Mary SEIBERT'S parents are John SEIBERT and Jane SEIBERT.
I am trying to locate a Marriage License or Registration for John REMLINGER and Mary Seibert if any one could let me know of the Archives to locate this document, I would be gratefull.
Thank you
Merideth Morgan
Minnesota

Re: REMLINGER, Nicholas

Posted: 25 Apr 2002 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Sep 2003 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: BUCHER, REMLINGER, HULLAR, CADD
Please contact me if you have any info on the individuals in this Bio. Thank you -mike

Re: REMLINGER, Nicholas

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REMLINGER
Emmigrated from France sailing from Harve de Grace, arriving on the Henri IV to the port of New York on 11 Jun 1832.

Michel Remlinger, 46, shoemaker, France to US
Magdaleine, 40
John, 10
Joseph, 6
Magdaleine, 16
Catharine, 12
Susanna, 9
Barbara, 2

Note: For this roster, the enumerator drew a line between each family group and listed the father then mother then all sons (oldest to youngest) then all daughters (oldest to youngest).

Also on this same passenger list Adam UTH/OOT & family & Anton LAUBACHER & family - all settled near present day Minoa, NY

As stated, Nicholas, the youngest, was born soon after the family settled in the Town of Manlius.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions