Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Ann Bird

Elizabeth Ann Bird

Posted: 30 May 2010 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Biography
I am the ggg-grandson of Charles Thomas Hutcheson (1796-1868)and Elizabeth Ann Bird (1798-1874)and my last name is Hutcheson. Since I have been involved in looking for and about my Hutcheson line ancestors the issue of whether Elizabeth Ann Bird is Native American is frequently raised. There are many suppositions but no firm proof. With the thought of putting this to rest I had my DNA analyzed. Upon receipt of the results I discovered, much to my dismay, this was the wrong approach. The DNA that determines Native American ancestry is passed down through the same sex descendents. Therefore, the challenge became to find Elizabeth Ann Bird's daughter's daughter's daughter. I found her and she is descended as follows: Elizabeth Ann Bird → Martha Jane Hutcheson (1840-1905) → Mary Lucinda Cunningham (1880-1958) → Martha Mildred Davison (1917-2008) → Living. I asked her if she would take the test (a cotton tipped swab from the inside of the cheek) at my expense. She agreed and after several weeks of waiting the results have arrived.

Elizabeth Ann Bird IS NOT Native American. The test determined she belongs to haplogroup H, which is a European line.

Re: Elizabeth Ann Bird

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe that I am the gg Granddaughter of Charles Thomas Hutcheson (1796-1868)and Elizabeth Ann Bird (1798-1874)also. I have just started looking into all this ancestor stuff. I was wondering if you could possibly identify a pic of these two. I have what I believe is their picture but I am not for sure. The back of the picture says it is Mr. and Mrs. C. T. Hutcheson and this is not a picture of my grandmother. So I am assuming that it is probably them. I have a lot of pictures of the Hutchesons but unfortunately very few of them have anything identifying who is in the picture. If you can help, please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Re: Elizabeth Ann Bird

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutcheson; Bird: Boyd
No, I do not have any pictures of Charles Thomas Hutcheson (1796-1868) and/or Elizabeth Ann Bird (1798-1874). I suspect it is of Charles Thomas Hutcheson (1867-1940) and Mary Bette Boyd (1883-1965). It is possible that C. T. 1796-1868 and Elizabeth would have had their picture taken after their marriage in 1816 and his death in 1868. But in my view it is not very likely because of the development of the photography process and the cost. However it is possible. If you are the child of William Jasper (1915-2000) we are first cousins three times removed. I would be happy to exchange information on the Hutcheson line. I have information that may be of interest. I have hit a wall with C. T. 1796-1868 and have been unable to go back any further. You may contact me at: hutchesondl@gmail.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions