Search for content in message boards

Rumored adoption

Rumored adoption

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clark, Stivison
So my wall is with my 2nd great grandfather or an older paternal figure. there is a rumor handed down through out my family, confirmed as far as a 2nd cousin once removed, that one of the males in our family (suspect is 2nd great grandfather, but could be older than him) was adopted due to a fatal immigration. the rumor is supported buy his sons middle name (stivison) which is said to be the original family name. through distant relatives (mentioned above) i heard more to the tale stating the adopting family quite possibly knew the original family (immigrated with them?). when following the names i get to Charles (son) and his father in PA but the information is inconsistent after that, i believe it could be a similar family. i am still inexperienced and dont know how to tackle this. i have attempted to use DNA to broaden and reach out but haven't had significant success in this area.

Re: Rumored adoption

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 2:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
It may help to give us some names, dates and places. I think the place to start is by obtaining any birth and death certificates that you are able to get. I realize that is harder if they were of foreign birth, but it would be a starting point. If you can give us specific information of what you do have, we can narrow down suggestions.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions