Search for content in message boards

Schendzielorz Family

Schendzielorz Family

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 3:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schendzielorz
I am looking for help on my husband's great-aunt's line of Schendzielorz. She and her parents came from Ziegenhals, Germany in the early 1920's. Her parents were Alfred Schendzielorz b. 06 July 1882 in Neisse, Germany d. 1966 Missouri and Maria Catharina Hirschbruh b. 29 April 1885 in Alt Boyn, Germany d. 1970 Missouri.

According to Alfred's birth certificate, his mother is Louise Schendzielorz. The last the family knows about Louise Schendzielorz is her removal from her home during WWII when the German army took it over.

Alfred Schendzielorz's passage to America was paid for by his Uncle Aloysious Schendzielorz who was living in St. Louis Missouri with his wife Anna Karlawf (spelling from her death certificate). Aloysious Schendzielorz was born June 1863 per the 1900 Federal Census. Anna was born 31 March 1866 per her death certificate.

We know Alfred Schendzielorz had one sibling, a sister, Helene who married a Hirmka (spelling from ships manifest in 1935). Helene made at least one known trip to the United States. She was traveling with Aloysious and Anna Schendzielorz in September 1905. Her age is listed as 17 putting her date of birth as about 1888.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts!

Juanita

Re: Schendzielorz Family

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 8:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Name Schendzielorz: having looked up the immigration records with soundex module, it could be that it is a Polish name with "Germinized" spelling: Polish spelling might be: Schindzcelosj
I have neighbors with the name: Schindzielorz

Place Neisse: this city and county are located in middle Silesia, with is now part of Poland. The name of the city is now Nysa. They might still have birth records.

The civil register's address is:

Urząd Stanu Cywilnego w Nysie
Bohaterów Warszawy 27
48-300, Nysa
POLAND

Tel. and Fax +48 (77) 433 38 12
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions