Search for content in message boards

Scott Family

Scott Family

Tim Drake (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott, Peck, Drake, Wilcox, Tice
I am looking for descendants of Thomas and Sarah Scott. They were the parents of five children, among them,Ashahel,who was born on July 2,1768 in Ashford, Windham Co,CT. They moved to Halifax, Windham Co,VT. Ashahel married Elizabeth Peck of New Hampshire, born Aug.29,1772. Ahahel and Elizabeth were among the first settlers of Smithfield, Bradford Co,Pa in 1810. He died there in 1823, and she in 1847.

Re: Scott Family

Scott Connolly (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2004 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Hale, Hubberd, Hobart
Hello --am a descendant of Thomas and Sarah Scott of Ashord, Windham Ct. Thanks for that posted info. My GGG-GF Henry Scott was bornin Halifax Windham Vt and then moved to Yarmouth, Maine where he married Sarah Jones.

Thomas was born in 1744 is the 8th child of Henry Scott and a Mary [ --- ] who married about 1724. He and she purportedly from Mansfield in Tolland County CT;wed there about 1724.
Thomas wed Sarah Hale in Ashford Windham about 1769 .Henry Scott was born in 1783 (certain) in Halifax Vt.

Am wondering if he (Henry Scott of 1701 birth) were descended (born 1701) from Thomas Scott the 1664 era co-founder of Hartford City & County? Any info?

Thanks for that 'moved to Halifax Vermont' -- Henry Scott was their son and born there. Am seeking a reliable cross-record via Colonel Aaron Hobart's family in Abington, Ma of the Sara Jones Henry Scott marriage in North Yarmouth (Cumberland COunty Maine rcords 1807) he died i 1801. He is a descendant of Thomas Hobart [Hubberd] and Edmund Hobart or Norfolkshire; they join Peter Hobart of Cohasset-Hingham 1640 pastor there England born. [Hubberd]

We go from Scotts to a Scott & Connolly marriage in 1906, Portland, maine ..hence my ame.

Re: Scott Family (More)

Scott Connolly (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2004 4:11PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2004 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Scott
Henry Scott of Mansfield, Connecticut (b. 1701 Mansfield) and his sons folllowed the pattern of Connecicut settlers. Seeking lands, especially farm lands, my ancestor Thomas Scot GGGG-GF afer his father Henry Scott (who may have died in the north Mansfield or Williston CT area about 1744-1765) resettled in Halifax vermont buying or receiving land in a Massachusetts-Connecticut land swap intended to favor Connecticut settlers. he went there about 1758-61. In the same time period, Connecticut was encouraging her sons to settle and people the lands she claimed in the top third of the colony of Pennsylvania - called Susquehanna and Wyoming Country . it roadly included the later Bradford County.
<a href=http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~connolly>http://... -- select headings -Connecticut, and Scott</a>
My first name Scott is for this famiy heritage via my grandmother Sarah Elizabeth Scott - who's family in several generations migrated - England > Massachusetts bay >> Connecticut >> Vermont >> Maine >> Massachusetts.
GGG-GF Henry Scott (Scott & Hale), born of Connecticut settlers in Halifax Vermont (1783) brought his family (himelf at least) to North Yarmouth, Maine by 1807.

Re: Scott Family (More)

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Scott
Greetings Scott,

I'm struggling to pin down the parents of my ancestor Elizabeth Scott, born in Canterbury, Windham Co., CT in 1726 to a Henry and Mary Scott. I've come across your Scott Family Lineage page (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~connolly/S...) and am curious about what records you have to support the suggestion that there was a Henry Scott born in Mansfield, CT in 1701 and a marriage between that Henry Scott and Mary ____ (b. 1705) in Mansfield in 1724. I can locate no such records in Barbour or in any of the relevant town vital records, indeed I can locate no record of a Henry Scott born anywhere in Connecticut between 1695 and 1710 and no record of the marriage of a Henry Scott to Mary anywhere in CT between 1720 and 1730. Any clarification you can provide as to the sources of your information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Hogan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic