Search for content in message boards

John Baird b.1836

John Baird b.1836

Debbie Allan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2000 8:01AM GMT
I am searching for information on JOHN BAIRD b.1836 (Ireland) d.1908.
He married Margaret PEOPLES b.1844, d.28 March 1934.

They had 7 children:
William
James b.1872 d.17 June 1952
John
Margaret
Sarah
Mary Ann
Elizabeth b.15 March 1883 d. 15 Jan 1944

Any links?
Debbie

John Baird

Stephen Coley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2000 9:51PM GMT
Debbie,

I am also looking for a John Baird. Mine is John F Baird. Family 'history' says he was born in Scotland. He was in Missouri when my great grandfather was born in 1866. His name was William Preston. He had a brother named James Alfred Baird (who never married) and a sister Dilah who married a Copeland and lived in Texas. James F Baird went to Texas twice to homestead. I think it was in Parker County. I believe the next three children were born there. James F Baird married again and had Henry Baird, Sam Baird, and Mary Baird - all who remained in Texas.
I would appreciate hearing from you about your John Baird.

Thanks,

Stephen Coley

John Baird b.1836 Ireland

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 9:11PM GMT
Hi Stephen

I have no information to indicate that my BAIRD family left Ireland for USA. However I will keep your email address and once I get to the stage of gaining more info on this side of the family I will be back in touch. I am fairly new to Genealogy and have gained this information from my Irish relatives. Good luck with your searching.

Kind Regards
Debbie

Annie Baird, Ireland

Posted: 24 Oct 2000 7:31AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 7:05PM GMT
Hi Debbie
Do you have anything on a Annie Baird she married William Forsythe and had 7 children.
The children were orphaned in 1936. Their daughter Agnes Forsythe born 1932 in Poyntzpass was sent to England.
I don't have any information on Annie Baird.

Sue

Annie Baird, Ireland

Posted: 24 Oct 2000 7:31AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 7:05PM GMT
Hi Debbie
Do you have anything on a Annie Baird she married William Forsythe and had 7 children.
The children were orphaned in 1936. Their daughter Agnes Forsythe born 1932 in Poyntzpass was sent to England.
I don't have any information on Annie Baird.

Sue
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 1:07PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 8:08PM GMT
Hello Debbie
I am also looking for Bairds from Ireland. Wonder if you can help. I am looking for Rebecca Baird who married either a Robert or a John Starrett. Wonder if she was any relative of your John Baird. I also have Peoples in my Irish family roots.
Bobby

John Baird b. 1836

Pam Bredin (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:39PM GMT
Debbie, I am sitting here with a picture of John Baird and Margaret Peoples and another one Elizabeth and Margaret Baird taken around 1900. My mother-in-law, Margaret Baird Bredin, b.26 Mar 1907 d. 4 Oct 2000 just passed away and I am new to this. But this is what I have. I belive James Baird b.1872 d.17 June 1952 was her father.They lived in Moville, Ireland. He was married to Mary Alice Gurney who died when my mother-in-law was about 4 yrs. He remarried but don't know her name. His father is John Baird married to Margaret Peoples. And his father is James Baird married to Sally Morrison. I don't have any dates yet. I have these names in my husband's baby book. Also, I have a picture of a Margaret Baird b. 1885 d. 1959. I just found a picture of Sara Baird, but no dates yet.

John Baird, Ireland.

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 6:16AM GMT
Hi Pam
Thank you so much for your message. Sorry to hear of the recent passing of your mother in law. It seems like we have a lot in to talk about. I am fairly new to this too, but have been lucky, as one of my husband's relatives had already done a lot of research on this side of the family tree. If you would not mind it may be better if we email each other rather than clogging up the message board. My email address is cdallan@bellatlantic.net. I look forward to hearing from you. I can tell you that James Baird's second wife was Eliza Callaghan, b.1892 d.1972. She and James had 8 children. Cannot wait to hear from you.

Kind regards
Debbie

Baird's in Ireland

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 6:26AM GMT
Hi Bobby
Sorry for the delay in replying to your message. So far I have not discovered any Rebecca's. However if you have any dates (approx) let me know. You may have read on the message board that I have got lucky and found Pam Bredin, whom I do have common family history. Once we have got together we may be able to help you out in your search. So watch this space.

Kind Regards
Debbie

Bairds in Ireland

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 10:56AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 8:08PM GMT
Hello Debbie
Thanks for your reply. I don't have dates for Rebecca but my g.grandfather who I think was one of her sons was born in abt 1846. I also have family with Bredin's via the Starrett's so please email me and I can tell you more. My email address is barbraf@mweb.co.za
Best wishes
Bobby
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions