Search for content in message boards

Swearingen help

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 9:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swearengen, Swearingen, Gullette, Langston, Sanaford, Gullette
I know that Karel Whyte was the one to go to for help on this family name, since she's no longer available who can help?

I've got a real mystery that I'm working on. My great grandfather William Thomas Gullette (1892-1927) married a woman listed as Lee (1894-?) sometime between 1910 and 1920. Lee's mother is living with them an 1920 in Dallas, TX and her name is Rebecca Swearengen. William and Lee have a son named Arlee (1909-1951).

Here's the mystery part. I have a list of marriage's for Dallas county, TX that shows Wm T. Gullette married Dora L Langston 17 Apr 1916. I believe that Dora L. Langston was Dora Lea Swearengen born 1892 to Jonathan Jackson Swearengen and Rebecca Ann Sanaford.

This makes Arlee my grandfather's half-brother that no one in my family knew about. I would appreciate any insite or information from anyone who is familiar with the Swearingen/Swearengen family.

Re: Swearingen help

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 3:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Landrum, Herron, Giles, Swearingen, Angelly
I'm researching my Great Grand Mothers linage; Her maiden name was Swearingen. There are several 'trees' posted on that last name. Hope this helps!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic