Search for content in message boards

Foreman, Bigby, Freeman, Miller, Hardin

Foreman, Bigby, Freeman, Miller, Hardin

Posted: 24 Sep 2002 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Bigby, Hicks, Parker, Foreman,
Hi,
I am looking for any information on Elder Obediah Hardin, b. 1794, Halifax County, NC. This was my ggg grandfather. Also trying to figure out, who was John Anthony Foreman, b. 1720, Scothland, wife was? Any and all information is welcome. Like the rest of you, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it, only to find out something new, and makes me want to dig deeper.
My gggrandmother was CELIA ANN HARDIN, and is on the Baker Roll-1924 #712. Again, let me thank you in advance for any and all information. My e-mail address is ggh57@hotmail.com.
Thank you,
Gail Hahn

Re: Foreman, Bigby, Freeman, Miller, Hardin

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 1:14AM GMT
Don't know if you're still there or not, but I have info for you.

Pam Hahn (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 11:18PM GMT
Hi Mr. Keel,
Yes, I am still trying to reseach my family tree, and would welcome any info you might have...thank you again...

Donald (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Foreman
I have tons of information on the foremans. You may contact me at banjodon@yahoo.com if you like and let me know where you want to start and possibly I could break my family tree down to the areas you are interested in and send it to you...... Don

Donald (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2003 12:10AM GMT

Posted: 21 Aug 2003 2:29PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2003 4:37AM GMT
hello donald
do you have cherokee Foremans?
In starr, history of the cherokee I have found a Mary boots who married Heman foreman.
I am trying to figure out if this mary boots is mary polly shoeboots her dad SHoeboots AKA turtle at home AKA white owls son AKA lots more names.
if she is not that mary then she has to be related but not sure if she is from chulio young dragging canoe /boots, shoeboots nephew, some of his offspring also uses the boots name. I am hoping that it is mary polly boots from shoeboots and Dolly.
she is on the drennen roll with her sister eliza-lizzy boots and their kids. all I have for her husbands name is just "Joe", darn which can be just anyone.
anyway that mary boots has to be a close relation to my shoeboots family, somehow. do you show any offspring of mary and heman , I can't figure it out on starr's thing.

also do you have in ( powell, hardins, perkins,. calvin, thomas) crosses. these are names of my husbands perkins that carry the middle name foreman in their family?
thanks for any leads. renee

renee

Carolyn Ellertson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2003 6:51AM GMT
Surnames: Foreman, Bigby, Whitaker, Ingram
John Anthony Foreman evidently came to the colonies to fight with the British against those pesky colonists who wanted freedom from Great Britain. Some say he got tired of the bloodshed and split, going to live among the Cherokee Indians. I can't document his reasons for leaving or how he came to be there, but he has many mixed blood Cherokee descendants running around 200 years later. He had two full blooded Cherokee wives, and six children by each. The first was Susie Rattlinggourd ("Gourd"). One of their daughters was Catherine Foreman who married James Bigby - my GGGG Grandparents on my grandmother's side; one of their sons was Richard Bark Foreman "The Cherokee Physician".
Richard (Dr. Bark) Foreman and his wife Rachel Seabolt were my GGGrandparents on my grandfather's side, making me double related to John Anthony Foreman. His second wife was Elizabeth Gurdaygle. Their son Stephen Foreman attended Princeton, was ordained as a member of the Presbyterian clergy, and was instrumental in translating the Bible into the Cherokee language with Rev Samuel Worcester. You will find a short bio about him in "Who's Who In Native American History". There is too much to go into on the message board, but you will find it in any book about the history of the Cherokee Indians.

Carolyn Ellertson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2003 7:08AM GMT
Surnames: Foreman, Bigby, Whitaker, Ingram, Taylor
Renee: Try visiting Jim Hicks online book of Cherokee lineages on the Familytreemaker.com site. It's amazing, and you might find what you are looking for. Good luck. A cousin..

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 4:34PM GMT
john anthony foreman,was related to me also,from line of sarah foreman hicks granddaughter,married chief william hicks(cherokee),there daughter sarah rosalie hicks stephens married spencer seago stephens my great great grand parents,citizens of the cherokee nation.

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 5:59PM GMT
Surnames: Foreman, Birdchopper, Cornshucker
I have found a great source on genealogy.com. He is researching the Hicks family. Contact him (snail mail) he will have the answers to your questions. But in the mean time search his site for you relative.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic