Search for content in message boards

obit look-up- Lucy and Nettie M. Bogardus

obit look-up- Lucy and Nettie M. Bogardus

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2006 5:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Abbott, Bogardus
Lucy Bogardus b-Oct. 1835 d. Aug. 1921

Nettie M. Bogardus B. Jan. 5, 1869- D. Feb. 1945.

Thanks.

Re: obit look-up- Lucy and Nettie M. Bogardus

helen ringer (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2006 7:54PM GMT
l7 Aug l921 Grand Rapids Herald
Last Rites Today for Mrs. Lucy Bogardus
Funeral services for Mrs. Lucy Bogardus 85, pioneer who died Monday will be held at the home l29 Buckley St. SE at 3 pm today. Internment will be at Grandville Cemetery.
Mrs. Bogardus had lived here and at Grandville most of her life. She was born in connecticut coming to Michigan with her parents when l year of age. She had lived in Grand Rapids 35 years.
Surviving are her husband Joseph, 2 children and 4 grandchildren, and l great grandchild.
8 Feb l945 Grand Rapids herald
Bogardus, Miss Nettie M. Bogardus age 76 of 2036 Horton Ave SE passed away Weds afternoon in St. marys Hospital. Surviving are 2 nieces Mrs. percy L. Knowles of Grand Rapids and Mrs. Roscoe Tripp of Spring Lake and 2 nephews Harold J. Bogardus of Saginaw and Victor N. Bogardus of Grand Rapids. She will repose at Colonial Funeral Home. Funeral announcement later.
next days paper says funeral will be Sat at ll oclock at the funeral home and internment in Wyoming Township Cemetery.

The Wyoming Township cemetery has now been transferred to the city of Grandville. These are the people listed for that cemetery. Victor Nettie Olive Jacob Lucy and Henry all named Bogardus. I live a couple miles or less from there and can go over and see if I can find the gravestones and take pictures for you if you like. Helen Ringer Kent co Michigan.

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2006 9:27PM GMT
Helen,
I Thank you so very much. Yes I would love to have pictures of gravestones. It may help solve Jacob's father Henry Bogardus death date and where he died. He was born abt. 1810 NY. I will reimburse you for the cost of pictures. You may use my E-mail. Thanks again.
Diane

helenringer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2006 12:09AM GMT
Fri 27 Oct l922 page 36 Grand Rapids Press
Jacob Bogardus age 80 or 86 passed away Thursday eve at his home l29 Buckley St. Funeral services will be held Sat aft at 2 oclock Internment at Grandville.
Victor Bogardus Fri Sekpt l4, l95l Herald page l5
Bogardus Victor N Bogardus age 54 a former resident passed away Thurs morn in Grand Haven. He is surv. by a brother Harold J of Deroit 2 sisters Mrs. P. C. Knowles of Ada and Mrs. Roscoe Tripp of Spring Lake, sev nieces and nephews. Funeral services at OBriens colonial Home sat at 2 pm. Int. Wyoming Park Cem.
Sat 22 May l926 page 3 Herald
Mrs. Olive C. Bogardus age 63 of ??63 Ransom Ave. N E died yesterday at Blodgett Memorial Hosp. She is survived by her husband Luther H. Bogardus and 2 brothers Grant and William B. Galloway. the body was taken to the SH Metcalf chapel where funeral services will be held Monday morn at l0 oclock. Int. in Grandville Cem.
Weds 26 Oct l949 Grand Rapids Herald page l7
Henry Bogardus aged 5l passed away early Tues morn at his home ll49 E Ave. SW. Surviving are his widow Marguerite l dau Mary Dawn;2 sisters Carrie McDonald and Frances Bartholomew both of Howard City; 2 half bros. John Henkel of Pierson and George Henkel of Howard City. 3 halfsisters Lydia Bogardus and Bertha Kimmel of Grand Rapids and Iva Paepke of Pierson. Mr. Bogardus reposes at Joldersma and son fun. home 832 Grandville ave. SE. where fun serv. will be held Thurs. Rev Herbert McConnell offic. Burial in Wyom Twp cem.
I will see about the pictures next week. Helen Ringer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions