Search for content in message boards

William F. Cox/Nancy Ann Baker

William F. Cox/Nancy Ann Baker

Betty Hibbard (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
The above named couple are my great-grandparents, and am trying to find the parents of Nancy Ann Baker, she was born in Alabama, but her father was born in Georgia, and since some of the Cox family was in Putman County, there is a possibility that her father and mother were here also.
Does any one know where the Cox Cemetery is in Putman County, and who could give tell me who all of the Coxes that are buried in there and also if there are any Bakers buried there. This is just a long shot but maybe it might pay off.

I found Nancy Ann Baker with her husband, William F. Cox on the 1880 census as being in Trinity County, Texas and Nancy Ann Baker was born June 22, 1814 somewhere in Alabama, and on this census it says that her father was born in Georgia.

Hope there is someone out there who will take the time to look and help me out. Sure would appreciate it...

Re: William F. Cox/Nancy Ann Baker

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 1:17PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2006 1:52PM GMT
Betty,

I am assuming you know the parents of William F. Cox were Asa Cox and Mildred Mariah Rountree/Roundtree. William F. was born in Warren County, GA according to a book I have. The book is by Helen R. Graves and is titled "To My Parents Jesse Berryman Robinson II and Helen Evelyn Cox"

There is a listing of his children by his first wife and also his second wife. The information on the family was provided by a woman in Lufkin, TX. If you don't have any of this let me know and I will gladly send it to you.

Maybe Nancy Baker was from Jones Cty. that is where William married his first wife. There is a Baker family Cemetery in Jones Cty GA and it is online.

Williams mother Mariah was the daughter of Richardson Roundtree/Rountree of S. C. her sister Isabelle married into the Stevens family that I research.

Judy

Fran (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2006 3:28AM GMT
Hello, Betty,
My search has also brought me to William F. Cox and Nancy Baker, however, Nancy is the second wife of William F. and my grandmother was Elizabeth Nevia Cox fro Warren County, GA. Their daughter, Mary Jane Cox is my link (I think). The Coxes came to Trinity County and I have been to the grave to William F. and Nancy A. Cox in Pennington. I would LOVE to have any information on Mary Jane Cox (maybe married to a Touchstone first) but James Thomas is the name I need to link to her. James Thomas and Mary Jane Cox's daughter, Frances (Fanny) Thomas was born in Nacogdoches County. I can go from there, but I need information on Mary Jane and James Thomas. Where is she buried? What happened to James Thomas? Thanks!

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Cox, Rountree
Judy, I'm a Rountree descendant through daughter Mariah and Asa Cox. I'm contacting you because you have the book I've tried to locate by Helen Graves. Would it be possible to get a copy of the page/s that list Mariah as a daughter and the citation? I'm having a 'huge' conversation with a DAR genealogist who is challenging that even though DAR has already admitted several applications on Richardson Rountree through Mariah/Asa Cox. I need more ammunition and haven't been able to get my hands on that particular piece of material. Many thanks. Louise

Posted: 21 Dec 2006 1:26AM GMT
I would be happy to make a scan for you and get you the information you need. I also have a DAR application by one of our great aunts, that might be of help to you. I think she got in through Richardson Roundtree. Could you tell me exactly what you need? I can do this ASAP.

Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic