Search for content in message boards

Comer History

Comer History

Posted: 30 Mar 2005 3:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello. I am starting to do some family history on my name. I have quite a bit of info off of web-pages. (Thanks for the people you put the tree's online so it easy to find). I will list some of my family line and hopefully somebody will have info that I don't currently have.

Nathan Comer is my 3rd great grandfather, if interested any Nathan's Family please contact me at the email below.

I have Nathan b: 25 dec 1827 Nathan Married Melissa Ratcliff.

Father of Nathan was Jesse Comer 25 june 1973 in NC, Married Elizabeth Ann Rains.

Father of Jesse Comer was Jesse Comer, 3 may 1757 in PA. Had two different wifes, both had children. Ann Chamness and Mary Cox.

Father of Jesse Comer is Robert Comer. abt. 1710.

I do have some info, however I have hardly any ties current living decendants of Robert and Rebecca (Houghton) Comer.

I am looking for any info if you are a decendant of Robert Comer. I am always willing to give what I have to anybody
interested.

I also am interested if you have any links to the parents of Robert Comer.

Thank you for your time, you can email me at kac383@hotmail.com.

I am going to the York County, PA history records this saturday to see if they have any missing info on Robert Comer.

Thank you for your time.

Re: Comer History

Joe Comer (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2005 7:35AM GMT
I am also a descendant of Robert and Rebecca and I am also interested in info on Roberts' Father and Grandfather.
Some people have the line as:
Thomas Comer/Comber about 1650 ?
Joseph Comer/Comber about 1680 ?
Robert Comer/Comber " 1704 Warrington Pa" or "1710 Chester Pa"

It seems odd to me that every time I see the date 1704 for Roberts Birth it says born in Warrington Pa.
Every time I see 1710 for his birth it says born in Chester Pa.

If you find anything more Please Let Me Know
Thank You JOE COMER

Leslie Hall (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2006 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: COMER,ELLIS, RAINS
Amanda: Saw your March 2005 note on the Comer family. I am also researching my Comer line. I am descended from Jesse Comer through his son John Ellis Comer. Noted that you have Jesse married to Elizabeth Ann Rains (not Elizabeth Ellis) as I have. I also have Jesse's father as Josephus James Comer. Would like to share information with you. Please free to e-mail me

Posted: 23 May 2006 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Comer
Looking for Comer ancestors and Indian blood line connections.

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: comer, agee
i am also looking for the cherokee line. my family was from campbell county, tn. john comer and martha elizabeth(ryan) baker were my ggggrandparents. my gggrandmother was mary comer who married james agee, my ggrandmother was sarah(sallie) agee. i've always been told that my ggrandmother was cherokee and could have had her cherokee indian rights but chose not to. i cannot find anything about a cherokee line here.

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 6:42AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
I'm a decendant of Robert Comer's daughter Tamer. I've also heard about the American indian rumors. I'm also interested in any lineage prior to Robert. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Kathleen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic