Search for content in message boards

Andrew Holliday

Andrew Holliday

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 2:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2004 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday-Holaday
I am searching for information re Andrew Holliday (Holaday) who fought in the American Revolution. He enlisted in the Militia in Northampton County, PA. He supposedly was born in Ireland. One of his sons was Daniel and I am trying to connect him to another son...Benjamin. Any help would be appreciated. Benjamin (b 1798) moved to OH and then to MI. I have found all of Benjamin's children on down to present...need desperately infor on Andrew.

Re: Andrew Holliday

Posted: 20 Apr 2004 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2004 10:50PM GMT
I am a descendant of Benjamin's and I was wondering how you know for sure that Andrew is his father? I have seen it in a couple of places online, but no one had sources listed. I've heard that Andrew had 9 children, but don't have names. I have other info on Benjamin, but not much more on Andrew.

Posted: 20 Apr 2004 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2004 7:30PM GMT
Debbie,
Are you related to the Benjamin who was born in 1798 in PA and died in St Charles, MI in 1879? He spent time in Ohio after leaving Pa. Just wanted to verify that we are talking about the same Benjamin Bolyn Holliday. I have muster cards from Andrew for the Revolutionary War, but have been unable to prove he was Benjamin's father. My husband's father told us his gggrandfather's name was Andrew and he fought in the Revolution. He is now 88.
Do you have any ideas how we could track down birth, death or marriage records for Andrew? I'm stumped.

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 1:08AM GMT
teh_1:

Wow another holiday relative! Andrew was my gggg grandfather. He was born 1750 in Ireland (Unk what town) I cant seem to get any further than him coming to PA before the revolutionary war, which he served in. He moved in with one of his sons, Daniel, in tioga PA. For some reason the second L in holliday was dropped by his son. I cant seem to find any records of what ship he came over in or what his wives names were. I do know that there was a fire in Ireland and alot of papers were destroyed. Contact me: sharonholiday@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions