Search for content in message boards

Osterhout/Everitt Families in Bayham Twnshp

Osterhout/Everitt Families in Bayham Twnshp

Deb Scott-Sholdice (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the ancestors of Chancey Osterhout and Josette Everitt, both of whom died in the 1950's and are buried in Straffordville. I am hitting a brick wall, and any help would be much appreciated. Josette is most likely the daughter of David and Eliza (Loop??).

Re: Osterhout/Everitt Families in Bayham Twnshp

Anthony Jordan (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 2:13AM GMT
I'm also looking for the same ancesters of Clancey and Mary Josette, any luck? My grandmother is Freda Hefferman who is the daughter of Clancey and Josette. Josette is the daughter of David Everitt. I know back in 1958 after Josette's death my grandmother left the family bible in the family house in Staffordville. The house was later sold and the bible has being lost ever since. Good Luck with the search and let me know if you find anything.
Thanks.

Posted: 11 Nov 2006 8:49PM GMT
Are you still looking for information on the Everitt Families.

Anthony Jordan (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2006 2:20AM GMT
Yes I'm still looking for info on the Everitt/Osterhout families. On the Everitt side I got as far as David O. Everitt Born in 1856, and on the Osterhout I'm as far as Samuel Osterhout born around 1827. Any Info will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 14 Feb 2007 7:12PM GMT
I have been able to get back one more generation. If you have any more I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you would like to contact me you can at grandmagidget@hotmail.com.

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 10:20AM GMT
Chancey Osterhout's parents
Osterhout, Thomas H. (son of Samuel and Leah (Brandow) Osterhout), born at Walsingham Twp., Norfolk Co., Canada West on 28 Nov 1863, died at Walsingham Twp. in 1919. He married at Port Rowan, Walsingham Twp. on 13 Feb 1885 (VR7856/85), Sarah Iona Carl (daugher of George and Helen Elizabeth (Fick) Carl), born at Walsingham Twp. on 4 Feb 1870, died in 1948. They were buried in Franklin Cemetery, South Walsingham Twp.

His grandparents
Brandow, Leah (daughter of Henry and Elizabeth (Manuel) Brandow), born at Walsingham Twp. on 23 Nov 1831, died on 6 Sep 1906.1 She married Samuel Osterhout/Ousterhout (son of Catharine Osterhout), born in Upper Canada c. 1829. Leah was buried in Franklin Cemetery, South Walsingham Twp.

Fick, Helen Elizabeth (daughter of McIntyre and Hannah (Burger) Fick), born at Walsingham Twp., Norfolk Co., Canada West on 17 Dec 1845, died in Apr 1910. She married on 25 Aug 1867, George Carle/Carl (son of Abraham and Isabel Carle), born at St. Catharines in 1845, died in 1921. They were buried in Franklin Cemetery, Walsingham Twp.

His Great-Grandparents
Brandow, Henry (son of Abraham and Grietje (Becker) Brandow), born in New York on 30 Jan 1802, died at Walsingham Township, Norfolk County on 19 Jun 1882, ae 80y 4m 19d. He married Elizabeth Manuel (daughter of Anthony and Margaret (Mabee) Manuel), born at Prince William, York County, New Brunswick on 1 Feb 1801, died at Walsingham Twp. on 27 Jun 1872 ae 70y 1m 9d. They were buried in Johnson Cemetery, St. Williams, Charlotteville Twp.

Fick, McIntyre/Metyre (son of John Fick), born at Dutchess County, New York 30 Nov 1813, died on 21 Mar 1889 ae 75y 4m 21d. He married on 25 Nov 1834, Hannah Burgar (daughter of Stephen and Sophiah (Becker) Burgar), born on 12 Mar 1808, died on 28 Feb 1875 ae 66y 11m 16d. They were buried in Port Royal Cemetery, Walsingham Twp.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 3:05AM GMT
Just today I found in Early Norfolk Marriages
Carl(e) George 21, b. St. Cathernine s/o Abraham Carl & Esibell
Married Aug. 25,1867 Elizabeth Fick 22, d/o McInter Fick and Hannah Fick both of Walsingham.

Looking for family of Aberham Carl & Esabell

Posted: 31 Dec 2008 4:05PM GMT
George Carl is my gr,gr, grandfather who married Elizabeth Fick. Would be interested in any information anyone has on him. I am at a road block.

Posted: 2 Jan 2009 12:32PM GMT
Fick, Helen Elizabeth (daughter of McIntyre and Hannah (Burger) Fick), born at Walsingham Twp., Norfolk Co., Canada West on 17 Dec 1845, died in Apr 1910. She married on 25 Aug 1867, George Carle/Carl (son of Abraham and Isabel Carle), born at St. Catharines in 1845, died in 1921. They were buried in Franklin Cemetery, Walsingham Twp.
In the 1881 Census of Walsingham Twp. Div. 1 p. 54, George “Caral” was listed as a farmer 36 with his wife Elizabeth 32 and children Sarah 13 and William 6. All were born in Ontario and Church of England.
They lived in South Walsingham Twp., recorded in the 1901 Census.

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 1:51PM GMT
In the 1901 Census of South Walsingham Twp., Norfolk Co. there was a Chancey Osterhout recorded with:

Osterhout, Thomas H. (son of Samuel and Leah (Brandow) Osterhout), born at Walsingham Twp., Norfolk Co., Canada West on 28 Nov 1863, died at Walsingham Twp. in 1919. He married at Port Rowan, Walsingham Twp. on 13 Feb 1885 (VR7856/85), Sarah Iona Carl (daugher of George and Helen Elizabeth (Fick) Carl), born at Walsingham Twp. on 4 Feb 1870, died in 1948. They were buried in Franklin Cemetery, South Walsingham Twp.

I have more on this ancestry if you would like to e-mail me.

Robert Mutrie
rmutrie@becon.org
per page

Find a board about a specific topic