Search for content in message boards

Yellowbud Cemetery - Ross County, Ohio

Yellowbud Cemetery - Ross County, Ohio

Tippy (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2005 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 9:22PM GMT
We are trying to locate someone with information on who to contact for information on the cemetery at Yellowbud, Ohio. On a web search for the town, the result says there is no town of Yellowbud in Ohio. Thank you. Tippy

re: Yellowbud Cemetery

Posted: 25 May 2005 1:05AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2005 1:03AM GMT
Hi Tippy,
I don't know who you could contact about the Cemetery but Yellowbud is in Union Township in Ross County. It is off of State Route 104. I will try and find something out for you if I can.
Debbie

carol (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2005 3:01AM GMT
I believe you are refering to the Springbank Cemetery. I have added a link to a site which lists the cemeteries in Ross County, Ohio.

http://www.scioto.org/Ross/catalogs/cemeterycatalog.html

Tippy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2005 11:18PM GMT
Thank you. My searching was interrupted by the sudden death of my little dau-in-law. You will see from this "blanket e-mail" what we are experiencing, but God is all sufficient!
I am home again after flying to be with my son and new grandson at Lynchburg, VA. It was a bittersweet time as it was the first time I was seeing my little 4 month old grandson, Michael in person. However, this trip was made to attend the funeral of Nate's wife, Minty. The following is some of the first news coverage of the accident. I haven't looked at it yet, but my brother found this and said it would be good for sending to everyone until I can write each of you personally later. Right now, I am downloading521 messages since last Tuesday. Only the Power of the Holy Spirit and the knowlege we will see Minty in Heaven gives us the strength to keep on going with our lives! We thank all of you for your prayers and words of encouragement! Nathan is already comforting the students and faculty of the school where she taught. He is also meeting this week with the couple who she had just passed before "fishtailing" and careening off the road. They are both believers, but they need comfort and time with Nate and little Michael. The family that lived right where she went off, went immediatley to her, took her pulse (but there was none). We thank God for that as we knew she didn't suffer from all her broken bones and internal injuries. That was a huge comfort as it was 29 minutes before the rescue people arrived. Over 900 people came to comfort and be comforted at the viewing Fri PM, and they said it could have been double that number as the lines circled the building twice continually, & many people simply could not find parking & gave up. It was to be from 5 to 8 PM, but the lines were still there after 9:30 PM. Several people accepted Christ as their Saviour at the funeral -- a family of 4 & one 17 yr old male student of Minty's were just a few of those who expressed their desire to know their destination is Heaven as Minty & Nathan know.

There are several memorials set up. One was started by Nate's Basket Ball girls to set up a trust fund for Michael. Another is for the purpose of building another home for unwed mothers (Libert God Parents Home for unwed mothers) as Minty was the first baby born to this program set up by Jerry Falwell in 1973. She was born Jan 17, 1974. I helped Minty find her birth mother about a month before the kids were md, & she came for the funeral -- making a deep commitment to the Lord. More later.

Tippy

Staunton River High School teacher killed in wreck

By Ron Brown

rbrown@newsadvance.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Minty Brandley was in a mood for celebration Tuesday morning as she visited Staunton River High School to deliver muffins and balloons to commemorate a fellow teacher's birthday.
"She placed them on a desk and left," said Dr. James Blevins, superintendent of Bedford County Public Schools.
Just a few minutes later, as she headed back home to Lynchburg at 6:50 A.M., her car ran off the side of Jappa Mill Road and crashed into a tree.
Brandley, 29, a mother of a four-month old, died at the scene.
Virginia State Trooper J.A. Overstreet said Brandley's automobile passed another vehicle and slammed into a locust tree at an estimated 75 mph.
The impact of the crash separated the engine compartment from the rest of the car. The passenger compartment turned on its top, pinning her inside.
She was not wearing a seatbelt.
"It was not a survivable crash," Overstreet said.
Brandley had worked at Staunton River since December 2003, a school system press release said.
Blevins had to break the news to Bedford County school principals, who had gathered for a meeting.
"Everybody was shocked," he said. "Some people who knew her cried. Some needed to be comforted."
The teacher who received the muffins and balloons had to leave school for the day, Blevins said.
Counselors at the school were working with students and staff to help them cope with news of Brandley's death.
"The sense around school was solemn," Blevins said.
Brandley's specialty was working with special education students.
"She had about 16 students," Blevins said. "She cared about each one. She wanted to make sure that they all were successful. She was a good teacher."

This story can be found at: http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=LNA/MG...=

Elaine Tipton (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2005 1:35AM GMT
I received a reply from the Union Twp, Ross County trustee's office. An excerpt follows:

">At the Township, I have not come across any records for cemeteries other than Rowland Memorial Cemetery and Springbank Cemetery. I spoke to our caretakers, and they also have not come across any records. I know there was a fire around the 1930s and many records were destroyed. I don't know when the Township took over Union Chapel Cemetery and if records were exchanged."

This letter included a referral to the cemetery transcription books by the Ross County Genealogical Society, which may be the only remaining records for the other cemeteries in Union township. I was also given this contact information:
Kathy Gillespie, Union Twp. Cemetery Caretaker at 740-993-2263.

Hope this helps. Elaine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic