Search for content in message boards

Benjamin WILSON m. Patsey LESTER, 1800

Benjamin WILSON m. Patsey LESTER, 1800

Posted: 24 Oct 2005 1:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILLSON, WILSON, LESTER
Benjamin WILSON m. Patsey LESTER, 17 Feb 1800 in Southampton Co., VA. Witness was Jonathan LESTER.

The 1810 census shows
Wilson, Benjamin, Southampton, 10020 / 40010
The adults in the household were born 1765 - 1784

Benjamin WILLSON appears in the 1815 list of landowners in Southampton Co., VA as living 14 miles NE of the courthouse

Other WILLSON/WILSONs listed were
WILLSON, Joseph, 15 mi NE
WILLSON, Jonathan, 12 mi SE

Benjamin WILSON is not listed in the 1820 census, and neither is his wife.

Looking for descendants, ancestors, and cousins of this couple.

Re: Benjamin WILSON m. Patsey LESTER, 1800

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 3:24PM GMT
Hi Southampton,
My moniker is Chickencoop and I am a descendant of Benjamin Wilson. Rebecca Wilson (his daughter)was my 2nd great grandmother. My research finds that Patsey Lester was in actuality Martha Patsey Luter who was the daughter of John Luter. Rebecca married Benjamin Beckham Bonner in Alabama in 1831 and they moved to Texas in 1848. You can find a lot of info in the Smith County Texas GenWeb site. Look for Sid Johnson's publications.
Yours,
Bobby Joe Cooper
bjc5740@gmail.com

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON, LESTER, LUTER
Thanks for your reply. The move to Alabama means that this Benjamin Wilson is not our ancestor.

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 4:25PM GMT
I did not record the origen of this but it fits with the other history that I have.
Benjamin Wilson was born on September 3, 1773 and grew up in Nottoway Parish, Southampton County, Virginia. He married Martha Patsey Luter the daughter of John and Elizabeth Luter, who was born on 12 May 1782 in Southampton county the twin sister of Matthew Luter. Benjamin was a lieutenant in Captain Richard B. Kello's Company of the 65th Virginia Militia and served briefly during the War of 1812. On 4 November 1817 they sold the last of their land and with Benjamin's ellerly parents, his sister Rebecca and her husband Willy Coggins moved to the newly formed territory of Alabama. The families setteled in the portion of Montgomery County that became Autuga County on 21 November, 1818. One gathers from early narriatives that Benjamins land lay in the vicinity of the Indian town of Wetumpka, situated in two parts on the east bank of the Coosa River, and the white settlement of Coosada (established on the site of the Indian town of Koasati which was burned in 1814 during the Creek War) which was annexed in 1866 and is now part of Elmore County. By 1860 only two of Benjamins and Patsy's nine children, six of whom had come with them from Virginia, would still make there home in Alabama.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions