Search for content in message boards

Andreas Schmidt -Baden Germany to Ohio

Andreas Schmidt -Baden Germany to Ohio

John (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 7:22PM GMT
Andreas Schmidt was my ggrandfather. Born in Baden Germany 1830. Married to Marie Agnes Zeiher. Had two children born in Germany and others in USA. Came to USA between 1868 and 1873. My grandfather was born in 1873,Christian, other children were Katherine,Hannah,John,Karl. Family live in Ohio. Searching for the ancestors of Andreas and Marie in Germany. Would appreciate hearing from anyone having the history. John Smith, Huntington Beach, Ca. USA

Katherine Schmidt

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 10:17AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 11:41AM GMT
I am interested in discovering if your Katherine Schmidt is the one I am trying to research.
All that I know about the K/Catherine Schmidt that I "need" is that she married a John Schrantz....
she would be my Great Grandmother and was probably born around the 1870's...could be from 1869 to 1879.
She would have had at least 1 son (Sylvester), my grandfather, but I'm not sure about any others.

I have no information beyond the fact that my Great Grandfather John (G?) Schrantz married a Catherine or
Katherine Schmidt...any info would help.

email: FemFtAL7@yahoo.com

Katherine Schmidt

John (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 11:43AM GMT
Hi Megan,
My Katherine was born 14 Mar 1877 in Pomeroy, Meigs, Ohio. don't know when she died. She married Edward Balch. Her parents are Andreas Schmidt and Marie Zehier who came from Baden, Germany between 1868 and 1873. This Katherine had brothers Peter, Fredreck, Christian, John, Carl and a sister Hannah.I have some of their spouses if you need let me know. I am searching Andreas Schmidt and his anacestors in Germany. If this is your Katherine, Andreas would be her father. I would like to have any info on him if you have it. Hope this helps. John

Katherine Schmidt

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 1:03PM GMT
Well, it doesn't look like she married a John Schrantz; so,
I would assume this is a different Katherine...but thanks for
responding and limiting my search a bit for me.

If I come across any messages that look like your info, I'll let ya know.

Megan

Christian Schmidt

Posted: 21 Sep 2000 5:50AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 12:46AM GMT
I was wondering who Christian Schmidt married? I am searching for a great-grandfather from Ohio named Christian Schmidt who lived in the Cincinnati area. His daughter Sarah is my grandmother.

Augusta Schmidt

Posted: 5 Nov 2000 1:03PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 11:37AM GMT
Hi

Augusta Schmidt, my 2nd g.grandmother was born in Baden, Germany Jan 5, 1847. Married August Mackedanz them came to American in 1890 with their 5 children settled in Hutchinson, Minn. Is this any part of your relation?

Augusta Schmidt

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 8:07AM GMT

Augusta Schmidt

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 8:09AM GMT
My great grandmother's name was Catherine...she
was from Germany, but I don't know what region...
Augusta could've been her mother or possibly a sibling, but
I don't know.

Schmidt

BeBe Mackedanz (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 2:30PM GMT
Yes, Gust Mackedanz was in our relation here in Hutchinson. Reunion on July 29, 2001. Please come! There's a number of Mackedanzes on Cedar Lake in McLeod County and I married one of them. I'd love to hear from you as we're trying to get more info on where the original ones lived in Germany. Hope you still read this msg board.

Re: Schmidt

Rachel Swenson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Schmidt, Mackedanz
I am Alfred Mackdanz's daughter; Henry Mackdanz's granddaughter and August Mackedanz's great granddaughter. I know from August's obituary, that he and William were brothers. As I said, when I found this out, then I could find out my grandpa's father and grandfather was. I am working on genealogy, and was up against a brick wall. I just talked to my Dad's brother, Donald & his wife, Luella on Monday. I forgot to mention this get together & I have to call them this AM. I have to help at our church picnic, after the 2nd service on Sun. Where is the get together? What time does it start? If I come, what should I bring? If I can't make it, I would like to keep in contact with you, for info.

Rachel Mackdanz Swenson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic