Search for content in message boards

Felix & Texana Waddell from Gaffney/Cherokee Co or Spartanburg SC

Felix & Texana Waddell from Gaffney/Cherokee Co or Spartanburg SC

SRB (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2003 10:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Felix Waddell was b. 10 Feb 1892 and died 7 Nov 1970 per the SSDI and an obituary index with his last residence as Spartanburg, South Carolina. I understand he was blind. The obit index lists Texanna Brown Waddell as his wife. This was possibly a second marriage for both: In 1934 Texana was listed as Mrs. Tex Robinson in her mother's obit. In the 1930 census of Cherokee, SC I have found a Felix Waddell with wife Cora and children Bryan?, Lumbo (Columbus), Mary R and Ola and also on the 1920 census with wife Cora, children Brison, Columbus and Mary. There was also a Felix Waddell on the 1930 Spartanburg census with wife Mae, and children Blanche, Nettie? Mae and Bittie/Bettie. Both of these Felix Waddell's could have been about the right age to be the Felix that later married Texana. I have not found Texana/Tex/Texie on any census other than possibly the 1900 and therefore do not know if she had any children. Her obit index listing gives death date as 1960. This may be in error but she was deceased by Feb 1971. If you're connected to this family I would really like to correspond. I have a good deal of info on Texana's brothers/sisters and also a picture of Felix and Texie at a gathering in possibly the 1940's/1950's.

Re: Felix & Texana Waddell from Gaffney/Cherokee Co or Spartanburg SC

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 4:53PM GMT
I am in search of a LEWIS WADDELL from Spartanburg, SC, and was born around 1910-1913(???) Any information regarding Lewis and if is death, if deceased?... any info will be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Pam

SRG (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2004 11:12AM GMT
The SSDI [Social Security Deah Index] located at home page of www.rootsweb.com lists
Lewis F Waddell b. 21 Aug 1910 d. 22 Sep 1997 last residence Columbia, Richland Co. SC. I do not have access to the The State newspaper.

I checked Obituary Daily Times also located at homepage of rootsweb but did not see Lewis.

I looked at Spartanburg area obits for 1997 at the following
http://www.infodepot.org/kroom.htm
There were some Waddell's listed but did not see Lewis

Could this be your Lewis?

Posted: 9 Dec 2004 4:03PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2006 10:01PM GMT
Are you related to the Waddell's of Columbia, SC.?

My gggrandfather Robert Waddell came from Ireland around 1820, married Eliza Beckett and had 3 sons: George Henry, Robert Beckett and James Davis.

Robert, Eliza and Eliza's parents are buried in the First Presbyterian Church cemetary in Columbia. Robert died in 1841, Eliza in 1851.

George Henry became a doctor and lived around Abbeville and is buried in that area.

Robert Beckett I have almost nothing on.

James Davis b. 1836 d. 1902 is my great grandfather who served in the Civil War and settled in McDuffie County, GA. He married Cassandra (Kate) Smith and they had numerous children including my grandfather James Beckett Waddell.
James Davis and Kate are buried in Thomson, Ga city cemetary in McDufie County.

I have more info on these people and their descendants if you are interested.

I would like to know what your connection may be to the Columbia, SC Waddells. I know that they (Robert and Eliza) were acquainted with Wade Hampton and that Robert had a great reputation as a gardener and landscaper. I have a copy of Robert's naturalization certificate issue in 1828.

Posted: 30 Jan 2006 1:03AM GMT
Pam,
Did you find information regarding Lewis Waddell born 1910? I am wondering if it is the same Lewis Waddell married to Helen. they had a daughter named Kay. My Lewis Waddell's mother was Inez Penland. Does this sound familiar?

Cindy Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2006 5:28AM GMT
I have since found out that Lewis Waddell b 1910 in SC's fathers name was Jess Howard Waddell. His mother was Obera "Inez" Penland. Does anyone else have any information on this line?

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 3:58AM GMT
The obit for Lewis Waddell is in The State-newspaper from Columbia, SC. It is in Sept. 1997 issue. I found it at bitsarchive.com-but have not been able to receive a hard copy.

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 10:32AM GMT
Texana Waddell was Felix Waddell's second wife.
Felix Waddell's first wife was Cora--they were my
great grandparents.
My mother fondly remembers Texana as she stayed with
them sometimes during the summer.
Would love to correspond with anyone who has information
on these two wonderful people. Mary was my grandmother.
Feel free to write at vann.helms@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic