Search for content in message boards

STEWART FAMILY, TOWN OF PULTENEY, STEUBEN, NY

STEWART FAMILY, TOWN OF PULTENEY, STEUBEN, NY

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 3:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Feb 2003 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: STEWART
Any information on the Stewart family from Pulteney, Steuben County, NY would be appreciated. I descend from Lyman Stewart (d. 12 Apr 1848, Age 47y7m1d) and Taymer (Tamar) Youngs (d. 8 Aug 1838, Age 36y7m3d). I have found that they are buried at the Old Presbyterian Cemetery on Daggett Farm in Pulteney, and it looks like Lyman's parents were Joseph and Lydia Stewart also buried there. I do not have proof positive at this time that his parents were Joseph and Lydia, except that in the Steuben County GenWeb site, I found the "This and That" link that has two articles on "The Stewart Family Picnic," that is about this family. Is there anyone else interested in this family?

Also, can someone please tell me where the Old Presbyterian Cemetery on Daggett Farm is in the Town of Pulteney?? I would like to visit there. Thank you.

Re: STEWART FAMILY, TOWN OF PULTENEY, STEUBEN, NY

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 4:18PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2003 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart,Kip,Lathrop,Horton,Hadden,Roff,Bogert,Allison,Ryckman,Persells,Daillie,Houghton,Gardner,Bogardus,Brouwer,VanDyck,Lubberts,Jans, Webber,VanRyteveld,Jonas,
If you can help put these families together for me & all to them I would be very happy. No I am not related. I do a lot of Steuben County Genealogy.

Descendants of Lyman Stewart - 3 Jan 2003
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIRST GENERATION

1. Lyman Stewart. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip

He was married to Charlotte E. Kip (daughter of James Kip {War of 1812} and Amy Lathrop) on January 18, 1846. Charlotte E. Kip was born on December 14, 1818 in Charlestown, , New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Lyman Stewart and Charlotte E. Kip had the following children:

+2 i. Egbert M. Stewart (born on February 16, 1847).
+3 ii. Cornelia E. Stewart (born on February 16, 1849).
+4 iii. Darcelia J. Stewart (born on November 10, 1851).

SECOND GENERATION

2. Egbert M. Stewart (Lyman-1) was born on February 16, 1847. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: No Issue.

He was married to Elsie B. Horton on July 3, 1870. Elsie B. Horton was born on January 8, 1847 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Egbert M. Stewart and Elsie B. Horton had the following children:

5 i. No Issue Stewart **.

3. Cornelia E. Stewart (Lyman-1) was born on February 16, 1849. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip

She was married to Jacob B. Hadden on November 5, 1881. Jacob B. Hadden was born on August 22, 1850 in Wheeler, Steuben, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: No Issue Cornelia E. Stewart and Jacob B. Hadden had the following children:

6 i. No Issue Hadden **.

4. Darcelia J. Stewart (Lyman-1) was born on November 10, 1851. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: No Issue

She was married to Charles Roff on November 16, 1884. Charles Roff was born on September 18, 1841 in Geneva, Ontario, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: No Issue Darcelia J. Stewart and Charles Roff had the following children:

7 i. No Issue Roff **.

SOURCES
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ancestors of Charlotte E. Kip - 3 Jan 2003
FIRST GENERATION

1. Charlotte E. Kip was born on December 14, 1818 in Charlestown, , New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip

SECOND GENERATION

2. James Kip {War of 1812}1 was born on May 27, 1787 in New York City, New York, New York. He died on May 3, 1860 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Note: veteran of the War of 1812
History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip He was married to Amy Lathrop on October 14, 1832 in Italy, Yates, New York. International Genealogical Index-Church of Latter-Day Saints

3. Amy Lathrop was born on April 20, 1784 in Colchester, New London, Connecticut. She died on April 7, 1858 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip James Kip {War of 1812} and Amy Lathrop had the following children:

i. Sally Maria Kip "Sarah" was born on April 15, 1811 in Mendon, Monroe, New York.2 She died on May 28, 1843 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. International Genealogical Index-Church of Latter-Day Saints
History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: on the death record of her dau Ophelia M. Hiler, she was called, Mariah Kiff.
ii. Dyer Kip was born on December 22, 1812 in Mendon, Monroe, New York. He died on August 1, 1845 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
iii. Harriet L. Kip was born on November 14, 1814. She died on March 14, 1892 in Naples, Ontario, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
1 iv. Charlotte E. Kip.
v. Lucy L. Kip was born on May 25, 1825 in Newark, Wayne, New York. She died on June 3, 1896 in Naples, Ontario, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
vi. Jane Ann Kip was born on November 22, 1828 in Newark, Wayne, New York. She died on September 5, 1849 in Jerusalem, Yates, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip

THIRD GENERATION

4. Jacobus Kip "James" was christened on January 6, 1750/51 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. Witness: Catharina Kip & Van Cornelius Bogert He was born on December 20, 1750 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. He died on November 19, 1854. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
James Kip was a brass founder, & lived at No. 59 Broadway in 1789 & for some time thereafter. His house was near the foundry. The Revolution ruined his business, & he never regained it, nor the style of living to which he had been accustioned. In 1816 he transferred to John L. Kip, his son 150 acres of land near Johnstown, NY, for $38.50. He was one of those to help in the preparation of the "Old Rigging Loft" where the Methodists held their first meeting in the City. He became a Methodist. There is an indenture dated 28 Oct 1796 between James Kip of New York, Brass founder & Cornelia, his wife & Peter Allison of second part, in which they sell for Pounds1500 a dwelling house & lot of ground lying & being in the 4th (late West) Ward of the City of New York on the East side of Broadway -- containing in breadth in the front 13ft-9" & 3/4 inch & in length 113fet,"
Note: He is called "Jacobus" in the records, the Dutch equivalent for "James". He was married to Cornelia Ryckman on March 10, 1774.

5. Cornelia Ryckman was christened on November 13, 1757 in Hackensack, Bergen, New Jersey. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip She died on November 9, 1802. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Jacobus Kip "James" and Cornelia Ryckman had the following children:

i. Richard Parcel Kip was born on September 2, 1774. He was christened on October 16, 1774 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: probably died young.
ii. Eliza Kip was born on January 6, 1777 in Chester, Orange, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
iii. Henry Kip was born on April 22, 1779 in Fishkill, Dutchess, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
iv. Cornelia Kip was born on September 17, 1782 in Fishkill, Dutchess, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
v. Jane Kip was christened on June 12, 1785 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. She died on February 10, 1844. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
2 vi. James Kip {War of 1812}.
vii. Peter Kip was born on March 4, 1790 in New York City, New York, New York. He died on July 17, 1854 in Newark, Wayne, New York. He was a Shoemaker. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: Peter was a shoemaker & a Methodist for over 50 years.
viii. Maria Kip was born on October 23, 1790 in New York City, New York, New York. She was christened on November 30, 1790 in New York City, New York, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
ix. John Livingston Kip was born on October 16, 1792. He was christened on November 30, 1792 in , New York. He died on March 16, 1860 in Hannibal, Oswego, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
x. Albert Ryckman Kip was born on September 12, 1794 in New York City, New York, New York. He died on December 17, 1880. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
xi. Benjamin Haight Kip was born on April 22, 1797 in Johnstown, Fulton, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
xii. Sarah Kip was born on May 30, 1799 in Johnstown, Fulton, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip

6. Jediaiah Lathrop was born on February 9, 1746/47. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: Jedidiah Lathrop & Amy Gardner (dau of Jonathan Gardner & Mary Houghton). Jedidiah Lathrop was b. 09 Feb1746/7, & married Mary Gardiner, 18 Dec 1769. He was married to Amy Gardner before April 20, 1784.

7. Amy Gardner. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Jediaiah Lathrop and Amy Gardner had the following children:

3 i. Amy Lathrop.

FOURTH GENERATION

8. Dirk Kip "Richard" was christened on December 20, 1704 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip He died in 1790. He was born in , New York. He was a Cooper. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: On 18 Dec 1769, Richard Kipp with 12 other petitioned for a grant of 13,00 acres of land on the west side of the: "Schohary." This is either Richard Kipp or his son Richard
Richard Kipp, Sr was a Cooper & lived in New York City. His Will was dated 10 Apr & probated 11 Aug 1790. New York Wills, Vol 40, pp 387, 388. He named his grandson, Abraham son of deceased son Elias; grandaughter Jennie child of son Peter; & children, Richard, James, Elizabeth, Sarah & Mary, & bequeaths his entire estate to them.
LI: New York City He was married to Jannetje Persells on May 16, 1715.

9. Jannetje Persells was christened on January 20, 1721/22 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Source: History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Dirk Kip "Richard" and Jannetje Persells had the following children:

i. Richard Parsel Kip was christened on January 6, 1747/48 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. witnesses: Petrus Kip & Sara Kip He died in 1809. He was an Upholstere of New York City. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
His will dated 19 Aug 1793 probated 14 Apr 1809. It called him upholsterer of New York City, & mentions children: Ann, Jane & Richard. He lived at 42 Wall St, New York City. Letter of Administration was granted David L. Haight, & Jacob Anthony, 21 Mar 1812, on Eastate of his widow, Ann Kip. NY Wills, Vol 48, pp 87, 88. N.Y. Adminstration
Records, Vol 12, pg174. Haight, Hoyt Genealogy, pp 445, 396
ii. Petrus Kip was christened on June 22, 1749 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
iii. Henricus Kip was christened on January 3, 1757. He died young. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: He probably died youn, unmarried, as his father does not mention him, or any hier of his, in his will.
iv. Abraham Kip was christened on July 28, 1762 in , New York. He died young. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: He probably died young, unmarried, as his father does not mention him in his will
4 v. Jacobus Kip "James".
vi. ELizabeth Kip was christened on November 29, 1752 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. Witnesses: Sara Kip & Pieter Brouer History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
vii. Sarah Kip "Sara". History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
viii. Maria Kip was christened on March 21, 1759 in Dutch Church, New York City, New York, New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: Benjamin Haight mentioned in his will wife, Mary, & sons, John, Benjamin & George Haight & daughter & son-in-law Halstead E. Haight, will probated 17 Apr 1813.

10. Tobias Ryckman was christened on July 11, 1697 in , New York. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip He was married to Cornelia Daillie before November 13, 1757.

11. Cornelia Daillie. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Tobias Ryckman and Cornelia Daillie had the following children:

5 i. Cornelia Ryckman.

14. Jonathan Gardner. He was married to Mary Houghton.

15. Mary Houghton. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Jonathan Gardner and Mary Houghton had the following children:

7 i. Amy Gardner.

FIFTH GENERATION

16. Petrus Kip died on November 13, 1749. He was born in New Amerterdam on the Delaware, , New York. He was a Cooper. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: Petrus Kip was a cooper, & bought land, 50 by 80 feet on the North side of King Street, next to Philip Dailie.
Note: Petrus & Immetie Kip had 10-children, baptist in the Dutch Church in New Amsterdam. He was married to Immetie Van Dyck on April 24, 1702. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip

17. Immetie Van Dyck was christened on January 11, 1674/75. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Petrus Kip and Immetie Van Dyck had the following children:

8 i. Dirk Kip "Richard".

18. John Percel died dead. [Name: Persells/Parcel/Parcon]
History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip He was married to Elizabeth Brouwer on March 16, 1714/15 in , New York.

19. Elizabeth Brouwer. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip
Note: She was daughter of Jacobus Brouwer & Anneke Bogard, daughter of Domine Bogardus. John Percel and Elizabeth Brouwer had the following children:

9 i. Jannetje Persells.

20. Johannes Ryckman. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip He was married to Catharina Kip on July 11, 1697.

21. Catharina Kip. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Johannes Ryckman and Catharina Kip had the following children:

10 i. Tobias Ryckman.

SIXTH GENERATION

32. Heindrik Kip was christened on August 14, 1633. He died in 1670 in Flatbush, Brooklyn, Kings, New York. Heindrik Kip had the following children:

16 i. Petrus Kip.

34. Franszen Van Dyck. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip

35. Urseltie Jans Schepmoes. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Franszen Van Dyck and Urseltie Jans Schepmoes had the following children:

17 i. Immetie Van Dyck.

38. Jacobus Brouwer. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip He was married to Anneke Bogardus on January 8, 1682 in Reformed Dutch Church, New Amsterdam, , New York.

39. Anneke Bogardus. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Jacobus Brouwer and Anneke Bogardus had the following children:

19 i. Elizabeth Brouwer.
ii. Pieter Brouwer died dead. He was born unknown.

40. Capt. Albert Ryckman was a Mayor of Albany in 1702/3. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Capt. Albert Ryckman had the following children:

20 i. Johannes Ryckman.

42. Jacob Kip. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Jacob Kip had the following children:

21 i. Catharina Kip.

SEVENTH GENERATION

64. Hendrick Hendricksen Kip {immigrant} was born about 1600 in , , Holland.2,3 He was a Tailor; Politician..3 He immigrated. [{immigrant}]
History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip, Hendrick Hendricksen Kip must have been of noble lineage since his arms were carved in stone over the door of the Kip's Bay house, which was built by his son, Jacob Kip about 1655. He was married to Tryntie Lubberts.3 betrothed in Amsterdam, HOLLAND (20 Apr 1624)

65. Tryntie Lubberts was born about 1599 in , , Holland. History of the Kip Family in America by Frederic E. Kip Hendrick Hendricksen Kip {immigrant} and Tryntie Lubberts had the following children:

32 i. Heindrik Kip.

76. Adam Brouwer died dead. He was born unknown. He was married to Magdelena Verdon on March 19, 1645 in Reformed Dutch Church, New Amsterdam, , New York.

77. Magdelena Verdon died dead. She was born unknown. Adam Brouwer and Magdelena Verdon had the following children:

38 i. Jacobus Brouwer.

78. Domine Everardus Bogardus was a 1st Clergyman in New Amsterdam, 1633 arrived in America in 1633. He died on September 27, 1647 in At Sea, , Bristol Channel. He was born 1606 to 1607 in Woerden, Utrecht Prov, Netherlands. Note: 1642 a church was built within the fort where he efficiated, this was the Dutch Church.
Note: Rev Everardus married in the place (New Amsterdam) Anneke (Webber) widow of Roeloff Jans, one of the earliestsettlers in New Amsterdam. This Lady owned the right of her former husband to a farm in the North River in the neighborhod of what is now Canal St, containing 60 acres.
Note: graduated from the University of Leyden, Jul 1627 & was commissioned 09 Sep 1630, as Chaplain for the West India Co. He was ordained Jun 1632 for Foreign Service & came to New Netherlands on the ship "Zoutberg" with the newly appointed Director-General Wouter, who succeeded Minuit. He installed as Dominie of the Dutch Church. He was a bold man found much to combat in the Colony & freely expressed himself against the unjust treatment of the Indians. He charged the Director with much incompetence & finally both were order to Holland Court. He sailed 16 Aug 1647 on the "Princess" which was wrecked of the coast of Wales all drowned. He was married to Anneke Jans <Webber> on June 21, 1642 in Dutch Church, New Amsterdam, , New York.

79. Anneke Jans <Webber> was born in 1605 in Flekkeroy, Vest Agder, Norway. She died on January 27, 1662/63 in Beverwyck, [now Albany], New Amsterdam, New York. Domine Everardus Bogardus and Anneke Jans <Webber> had the following children:

i. Willem Bogardus was born on December 16, 1638 in New Amsterdam, , New York. He died 1710 to 1711.
ii. Cornelius Bogardus was christened on September 9, 1640 in , New Amsterdam. He died on May 6, 1666 in Beverwyck, [now Albany], New Amsterdam, New York. He was born in New Amsterdam, , New York.
iii. Jonas Bogardus was christened on January 4, 1642/43. He was born in New Amsterdam, , New York.
iv. Pieter Bogardus was christened on April 2, 1645 in Dutch Church, Fort Amsterdam, New Netherland, New York. He was born on April 3, 1645 in New Amsterdam, , New York. He died 1702 to 1703 in Kingston, Ulster, New York. He was a Marriner; late in life he went to Kingston was a Magistrate.
Note: lived in Albany, NY until late in life, when he went
to Kinston, & a Magistrate, 1673, commissioned to treat
with the Indians [Iroquois] - 1690.
39 v. Anneke Bogardus.

84. Hendrick Hendricksen Kip {immigrant} is the same as person number 64. Hendrick Hendricksen Kip {immigrant} had the following children:

42 i. Jacob Kip.

EIGHTH GENERATION

128. {male} Kip. He was married. {male} Kip had the following children:

64 i. Hendrick Hendricksen Kip {immigrant}.

156. Willem Janse Bogaert was born in 1563 in Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands. He died in Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands. He was married to Adrieaslr VanRyteveld before October 2, 1589 in Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands. Mechtelt PONTIAENSDR

157. Adrieaslr VanRyteveld was born about 1585. Willem Janse Bogaert and Adrieaslr VanRyteveld had the following children:

78 i. Domine Everardus Bogardus.

158. Wolfort <Wolfert> Webber was born in 1565 in Maasland, , Netherlands. He died in 1630 in , , Netherland. He was married to Lady Annetjen Tryntje Jonas in January 1594/95 in , , Netherland.

159. Lady Annetjen Tryntje Jonas was born about 1583 in Maesterland, Norway. [Name: "Catherine" Tryntje] Wolfort <Wolfert> Webber and Lady Annetjen Tryntje Jonas had the following children:

79 i. Anneke Jans <Webber>.

Prepared by:
Jean Kay Morse
6929 E. William St, Ext,
Bath, Steuben Co., New York 14810
607 776-2492 day 776-2940 nite
diamondl@empacc.net

SOURCES

1. Soldiers, War of 1812 awarded claims Steuben NY.
2. IGI File, Mormon Church.
3. Federic E. Kip.
==========================================

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart,VanDorn,Tyler,Walker,Earley,Hoad,Hood,Gay,Locke,Kipp,Horton,,McWilliams,Dean,Stuart,Parker,Stone,Davis,Haines,Cross,Francisco,Nichols,Brush,Slawson,Lincoln,Harwood,Dean,Niles,Terry,Mothersell,Clark,Hibard,Bancroft,Stratton,Beam,Brane,Pullar,Foster
Help me put these families together. Thank You.

FIRST GENERATION

1. Lyman Stewart was born ROUGHLY 1816.

He was married to Sarah Ann VanDorn before April 12, 1846. Sarah Ann VanDorn was born in 1813.1 She died on June 14, 1873.1 She was buried in Prattsburgh_Rural Cem, Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 Stewart, Sarah Ann b. 1813 d. 14 Jun 1873, AE 60yrs-6mons, wife of Lyman Stewart Lyman Stewart and Sarah Ann VanDorn had the following children:

+2 i. Tamer E. Stewart (born on April 12, 1846).

SECOND GENERATION

2. Tamer E. Stewart (Lyman-1) was born on April 12, 1846. She died on May 18, 1897 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.

She was married to {male} Tyler before 1897.

SOURCES

1. Steuben County Cemetery Records, Bath, New York.
============================================
FIRST GENERATION

1. Lyman Stewart was born in , , United States.

He was married to Frances Walker before 1884. Frances Walker was born in , , United States. Lyman Stewart and Frances Walker had the following children:

+2 i. Floyd C. Stewart (born about 1884).

SECOND GENERATION

2. Floyd C. Stewart (Lyman-1) was born about 1884 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.1 He was a Farmer between 1912 and 1923. LI: 30 Nov 1923, Pulteney, Steuben, NY; Witness: 30 Nov 1923, Amy J Greene & Merlton B Bennett (MR)

He was married to Luella M. Earley (daughter of Ned Earley and Della Belle Hood <Hoad>) on September 25, 1912 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.1 by T. C. Bell, Minister He was divorced from Luella M. Earley in 1916 in Hammondsport, Steuben, New York. Luella M. Earley was born about 1895 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.1 She was a Housewife in 1912. LI: 25 Sep 1912, Pulteney, Steuben, NY; Witness: James H. Earley & Mrs. Louise Earley, 25 Sep 1912

He was married to Lena M. Gay (daughter of George H. Gay and Frances Locke) on November 30, 1923 in South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, New York. John P. Greene, clergyman, South Pulteney, NY Lena M. Gay was born about 1873 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.1 She was a Housekeeper in 1923. Witness: 30 Nov 1923, Amy J Greene & Merlton B Bennett (MR);LI: 30 Nov 1923, Pulteney, Steuben, NY

SOURCES

1. Steuben County Marriage Records, Bath, Steuben, NY.
===========================================

FIRST GENERATION

1. Lyman Stewart was born about 1821. He was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York.

He was married to Charlotte E. Kipp before 1871. Charlotte E. Kipp was born about 1819. She died on June 1, 1871. She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York.

SOURCES
===========================================
Descendants of William Stewart - 3 Jan 2003
FIRST GENERATION

1. William Stewart was born in 1706 in , , Scotland. He died dead.

He was married to Mary McWilliams in 1756. Mary McWilliams was born ROUGHLY 1733. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)
Note: she was the 4th wife of William Stewart & mother of William Stewart William Stewart and Mary McWilliams had the following children:

+2 i. Joseph Stewart {Rev War} (born in 1756).

SECOND GENERATION

2. Joseph Stewart {Rev War} (William-1) was born in 1756 in East Haddam, Litchfield, Connecticut. He died on August 19, 1842 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy,", Howard J. Dean (1993)
Note: he lived in East Haddam, CT during the war & moved to Cornwall, CT. later.
Note: served as a private, 7 enlistments in the American Army during the Revolutionary War. He was at West Point, when Major Andre, the British spy was executed. Servce was
as the following: (1) private in Capt Walup's Co., 25th Regt., Connecticut Militia; Col. Dyar Throop, Jan-Feb 1777. (2) Prvt. in James Smith's co., Col. John Ely's Regt., CT State Troops, 1777 for 9-months. (3) Pvt, CT Militia, 1778, for 9-months; (4) Pvt. in Capt. Lee Lay's Co., CT Militia, 1779, for 6-months; (5) Pvt., 1st Regt, CT Line, Col. Josiah Starr, Jul 1,-Dec 5, 1780; (6) Pvt., CT Levies, enlisted in 1st Regt., CT Line, Col. Jedediah Huntington; (7) Pvt., Capt., Wm Richard's Co., 5th Regt, CT Line, Lt. Col. Isaac Sherman, Jan.1-Dec 31, 1781; was at Siege of Newport; Joseph Stewart applied for a pension Oct 17, 1832 at Pulteney, NY.
Note: {Rev War Veteran}

He was married to Lydia Stuart (daughter of John Stuart) in 1782. Lydia Stuart was born in 1759 in , Litchfield, Connecticut. She died on January 16, 1835. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy," Howard J. Dean (1993) Joseph Stewart {Rev War} and Lydia Stuart had the following children:

3 i. Joseph Stewart died dead. He was born unknown.
4 ii. William Stewart died dead. He was born unknown.
5 iii. Lyman Stewart died dead. He was born unknown.
6 iv. Spencer Stewart died dead. He was born unknown. Note: died at 21-years of age
+7 v. Seldon Stewart (born in September 1782).
8 vi. Lydia Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
+9 vii. Ann Eliza Stewart (born on November 11, 1803).
10 viii. Hannah Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
+11 ix. Betsey Stewart (born in 1794).
12 x. Polly Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
13 xi. Statira Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
14 xii. Harriett Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
15 xiii. Arnold Stewart was born unknown. He died young. Note: died at age 2-years
+16 xiv. John Stewart (born in 1796).

THIRD GENERATION

7. Seldon Stewart (Joseph-2, William-1) was born in September 1782 in Whitestown, Oneida, New York. He died in September 1843.

He was married to Polly Parker. Polly Parker was born ROUGHLY 1784. Seldon Stewart and Polly Parker had the following children:

17 i. Julia Ann Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
18 ii. Malinda Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
19 iii. Louisa Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.
+20 iv. Elsie Stewart (born unknown).
+21 v. Richard F. Stewart (born in 1819).
22 vi. Lyman Stewart died dead. He was born unknown.
23 vii. George Stewart died dead. He was born unknown.
24 viii. Jane Stewart died dead. She was born unknown.

9. Ann Eliza Stewart (Joseph-2, William-1) was born on November 11, 1803 in , Herkiner, New York. She died on March 18, 1878. She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Had 10-children (1863 census)

She was married to William Horton (son of Thomas Horton) before 1823. William Horton was born on November 2, 1795 in , Orange, New York. He was a Farmer (1855\65) between 1855 and 1865. He died on August 14, 1883. He was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Ann Eliza Stewart and William Horton had the following children:

+25 i. Lydia Horton (born in 1823).
+26 ii. Richard F. Horton (born in October 1825).
+27 iii. William Horton (born about 1828).
28 iv. Lewis S. Horton was born about 1830 in , Steuben, New York. Steven M. Read 2 W. Washington St, #10, Bath, NY 14810-1546
29 v. Joseph S. Horton was born about 1836 in , Steuben, New York. She died dead. Steven M. Read 2 W. Washington St, #10, Bath, NY 14810-1546

11. Betsey Stewart (Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1794 in , , Pennsylvania. She was a Housekeeper in 1860. She appeared on the census on June 17, 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 Census: Town of Pulteney, Steuben Co NY; 17 Jun 1865, pg 14, line 35
Stone, Ketsy or Betsey, aged 70 yrs; wife, b. AK, had 9-children 1st marriage She died on February 1, 1881. She was buried in South_Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 31, line 3, age 66yrs

She was married to Thomas Stone {War of 1812} (son of James Stone and Tamer Davis) in 1820. Thomas Stone {War of 1812} was born in 1790 in , Montgomery, New York. He was a Farmer in 1860. He appeared on the census on June 17, 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 Census: Town of Pulteney, Steuben Co NY; 17 Jun 1865, pg 14, line 34
Stone, Thomas, aged 75yrs; male, b. Tenn? 1st marriage, farmer, native, landowner He died on February 22, 1870. He was buried in South_Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 31, line 2, age 69yrs. 1860 census state he was born in Pennsylviana
Steuben County Clerk's Office, Bath, NY; found a list of Awarded pension of the War of 1812, Thomas Stone of Pulteney, Steuben, NY Betsey Stewart and Thomas Stone {War of 1812} had the following children:

+30 i. J. W. Stone (born about 1825).
+31 ii. James D. Stone (born in 1826).

16. John Stewart (Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1796 in Frankfort, Herkimer, New York. He died on October 31, 1870 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)

He was married to Martha Haines on May 16, 1840. Martha Haines was born on September 7, 1820 in Glastonbury, , England. She died on April 30, 1891 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.
"There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of
Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993) John Stewart and Martha Haines had the following children:

+32 i. Mary E.<May> Stewart (born on January 21, 1843).

FOURTH GENERATION

20. Elsie Stewart (Seldon-3, Joseph-2, William-1) died dead. She was born unknown.

She was married to Ruben L. Cross (son of Lewis Cross) before 1880. Ruben L. Cross was born on May 23, 1817 in Round Ridge, Westchester, New York. He died on May 4, 1880 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Elsie Stewart and Ruben L. Cross had the following children:

33 i. {male} Cross.
34 ii. {male} Cross.
35 iii. {female} Cross.

21. Richard F. Stewart (Seldon-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1819 in , Steuben, New York. He died dead.

He was married to Sarah Ann Francisco (daughter of John Francisco). Sarah Ann Francisco was born about 1821 in Middletown, Essex, Massachusetts. She died dead. Richard F. Stewart and Sarah Ann Francisco had the following children:

36 i. Olive Stewart was born born. She died young. Note: died at age 4-yrs
+37 ii. Viola Stewart (born unknown).

He was married to Charlotte Nichols. Charlotte Nichols was born ROUGHLY 1821. LI: Seneca Falls, NY before 2nd marriage

25. Lydia Horton (Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1823 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. She was a Housekeeper in 1860. She died on September 22, 1903 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.2,3 She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Steuben, NY pg 31, line 21, age 37yrs
Note: died 22 Sep 1903, Lydia Brush AE 80 yrs

She was married to Albert Brush (son of Thomas Brush and Elsie <Eliza> Slawson "Elcy") before 1843. Albert Brush was born in July 1820 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. He was a Farmer (1855/1860/1865/1892) between 1855 and 1892. He died on June 1, 1900 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.2 He was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Steuben, NY pg 31, line 20, age 39yrs Lydia Horton and Albert Brush had the following children:

+38 i. Harmon M. Brush (born about 1843).
39 ii. Thomas M. Brush was born on February 9, 1845. He died on May 22, 1846. He was buried in South_Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York.
+40 iii. William H. Brush (born on October 4, 1846).
41 iv. Fidelia Brush died on November 11, 18. She was buried in South_Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York.
+42 v. Horton L. Brush (born on March 4, 1853).
+43 vi. Marion S. Brush (born on February 19, 1865).

26. Richard F. Horton (Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in October 1825 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.

He was married to Philena Lincoln in 1849. Philena Lincoln was born ROUGHLY 1807. Richard F. Horton and Philena Lincoln had the following children:

44 i. Ada Horton.
45 ii. Lewis S. Horton was born about 1830.
46 iii. Joseph S. Horton was born in 1836 in , Steuben, New York. He died in 1912. He was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York.
+47 iv. Lucius F. Horton (born about 1851).
+48 v. Philetus O. Horton (born in 1852).

27. William Horton (Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1828 in , Steuben, New York. He was a Farmer in 1865. He died dead. Steven M. Read 2 W. Washington St, #10, Bath, NY 14810-1546

He was married to Hannah ( ) Horton before 1865. Hannah ( ) Horton was born about 1832 in , Steuben, New York.

30. J. W. Stone (Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1825 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. He was a Farmer (1860).

He was married to A. ( ) Stone before 1851. A. ( ) Stone was born about 1833 in , , New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 29, age 27yrs J. W. Stone and A. ( ) Stone had the following children:

49 i. W. A. Stone was born about 1851 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. She was a Student in 1860. She died dead. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 30, age 9yrs
50 ii. E. J. Stone was born about 1854 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. She was a Farmer in 1860. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 21, age 6yrs
51 iii. C. D. Stone was born about 1856 in , New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 32, age 4yrs

31. James D. Stone (Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1826 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. He was a Farmer (1860); Farmer & sheep breeder & dealer between 1860 and 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 He appeared on the census on June 17, 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 Census: Town of Pulteney, Steuben Co NY; 17 Jun 1865, pg 14, line 28
Stone, James I?. aged 39yrs; male, b. Steuben co NY; 1st marriage, occ farmer, native, landowner He died in 1905. He was buried in Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 36,age 37yrs

He was married to Hannah Jane Harwood "Jane" (daughter of John Harwood and Martha H. ( ) Harwood) on January 24, 1850. Hannah Jane Harwood "Jane" was born in 1829 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. She was a Housekeeper in 1860. She appeared on the census on June 17, 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 Census: Town of Pulteney, Steuben Co NY; 17 Jun 1865, pg 14, line 29
Stone, Jane, aged 34yrs; female, wife, b. Steuben Co NY; had 4-children; 1st marriage She died in 1906. She was buried in Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 37, age 30yrs James D. Stone and Hannah Jane Harwood "Jane" had the following children:

52 i. George Stone was born about 1851 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. He was a Student (1860); Steam fitting business in 1860 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 He appeared on the census on June 17, 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 Census: Town of Pulteney, Steuben Co NY; 17 Jun 1865, pg 14, line 30
Stone, George E. , aged 14yrs; male, child, b. Steuben Co NY; single Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben Co NY; pg 30, line 38, age 9yrs
+53 ii. Emmett Francis Stone "Francis" (born in 1854).
+54 iii. Florence Stone "Flora" (born about 1857).
+55 iv. Sarah Stone "Satie" (born about May 1860).

32. Mary E.<May> Stewart (John-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born on January 21, 1843 in , , New York. She died on February 17, 1919 in Bath Village, Steuben, New York.

She was married to Darius Dean (son of Dr. William Niles Dean and Mary Terry "Polly") on September 11, 1859 in Barrington, , Michigan. Darius Dean was born on March 18, 1828 in Prattsburgh, Steben, New York. He was a Laborer in 1850. He died on October 16, 1881. Census: 17 Sep 1850, Jerusalem, Yates, NY pg 53A line 9
LI: with the family of Benjamin Kenyon, 17 Sep 1850 "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy," Howard J. Dean (1993)
LI: 16 Feb 1863, mentioned in his father's will
Note: "Mr Darius Dean of Pulteney, whose death from typhoid fever & congestion of the lungs were notice in the news of Oct 1881, was the eldest son & the 3-child of Dr. Wm N. & Polly Dean of that town. The parents have been dead a number of years. He is the 1st death among the children in family of 2-sisters & 3-brothers. Mary E.<May> Stewart and Darius Dean had the following children:

+56 i. Laura Dean (born on May 24, 1864).
57 ii. Wendall P. Dean was born on May 2, 1869. He appeared on the census on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 Census: 01 Jun 1905, 1st ED Prattsburgh, Steuben Co NY; pg 2, line 21, son, white, male, aged 36yrs; b. US; citz; occ Produce dealer He was a Produce dealer on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 He died on November 1, 1921 in Bath Village, Steuben, New York.2 He was buried in Prattsburgh_Rural Cem, Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)
+58 iii. Charles M. Dean (born on September 21, 1871).
+59 iv. Jessie Marjorie Dean (born about 1875).
60 v. Julia Dean was born on February 6, 1876. He died on February 2, 1897 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.
61 vi. John W. Dean died dead. He was born unknown. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)
62 vii. G. Welford Dean. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", howard J. Dean (1993)
LI: of Rochester, Monroe, NY
63 viii. Darius L. Dean was born about 1879 in , , New York.1 He appeared on the census on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 Census: 01 Jun 1905, 1st ED Prattsburgh, Steuben Co NY; pg 2, line 23, son, white, male, aged 26yrs; b. US; citz; occ produce dealer He was a Produce Dealer on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)

FIFTH GENERATION

37. Viola Stewart (Richard F.-4, Seldon-3, Joseph-2, William-1) died dead. She was born unknown.

She was married to Farcelles Mothersell. Farcelles Mothersell was born born. He died dead.

38. Harmon M. Brush (Lydia Horton-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1843 in , Steuben, New York. He was a Student in 1860. He died in 1910 in Washington, District of Columbia. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Steuben, NY pg 31, line 22, age 17yrs

He was married to Mary M. ( ) Brush before 1910. Harmon M. Brush and Mary M. ( ) Brush had the following children:

64 i. Clifford S. Brush.
65 ii. William M. Brush.

40. William H. Brush (Lydia Horton-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born on October 4, 1846 in , Steuben, New York. He was a Student (1860); Farmer (1865) between 1860 and 1865. He died about April 19, 1879 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.4 He was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Steuben, NY pg 31, line 23, age 13 yrs

William H. Brush had the following children:

+66 i. Dorthy Virginia Brush.

He was married to Ellen C. Clark (daughter of Riley Clark) on October 22, 1873 in , Steuben, New York. Ellen C. Clark was born in 1852 in , Yates, New York. She died in 1909. She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. William H. Brush and Ellen C. Clark had the following children:

+67 i. Lena M. Brush (born about 1875).

42. Horton L. Brush (Lydia Horton-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born on March 4, 1853 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. He was a Student (1860); Grape Grower (1892) between 1860 and 1892. He died on February 24, 1917 in Buffalo General Hospital, Buffalo, Erie, New York. He was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Steuben, NY pg 31, line 24, age 7yrs

He was married to Lillian I. Hibbard (daughter of William E. Hibbard and Nancy Bancroft) before 1926. Lillian I. Hibbard was born on December 18, 1855 in Cameron, Steuben, New York. She died on January 1, 1926. She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York.

43. Marion S. Brush (Lydia Horton-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born on February 19, 1865 in , Steuben, New York. He died on October 13, 1945 in Bath, Steuben, New York.2

He was married to Lilly D. Stratton (daughter of William Stratton Sr. and Margaret Beam <Brane>.) on October 17, 1892 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 Lilly D. Stratton was born on March 24, 1873 in , Steuben, New York. She died on June 10, 1926 in Bath Memorial Hospital, Bath Village, Steuben, New York. She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Note: one adopted daughter, Mrs Stephen Pullar, survivor Marion S. Brush and Lilly D. Stratton had the following children:

+68 i. Hazel Genla Brush {adopted} (born about 1899).

47. Lucius F. Horton (Richard F.-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1851 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.6 He was a Farmer (1905/1912) between 1905 and 1912. Note: his marriage of 04 Jan 1912, was his second marriage from which he was a widower
LI: 04 Jan 1912, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY
Steven M. Read 2 W. Washington St, #10, Bath, NY 14810-1546
Census: 01 Jun 1905, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY pg 2 line 32 Head, white, male, aged 54yrs; farmer.

He was married to Jennie Foster on January 4, 1912 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. bY J. E. Gallant, Minister Jennie Foster was born about 1854 in Springwater, Livingston, New York.6 She was a Housework in 1912. LI: 04 Jan 1912, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY

He was married to Alice ( ) Horton before 1888. Alice ( ) Horton was born about 1859 in , , United States. She was a Housework in 1905. Census: 01 Jun 1905, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY pg 2 line 33 wife, white, female; aged 46yrs; US Citz; housework Lucius F. Horton and Alice ( ) Horton had the following children:

69 i. Earl R. Horton was born about 1888 in , , United States. He was a Student in 1905. Census: 01 Jun 1905, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY pg 2 line 34 son, aged 17yrs, US Citz; at school;

48. Philetus O. Horton (Richard F.-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1852 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. He was a Worker at the Box Factory (1875); Painter (1892) between 1875 and 1892.

He was married to Irene E. Brush (daughter of James Brush and Malvina A. Shuart) before 1874. Irene E. Brush was born about 1853 in , Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Steuben, NY; pg 32 Line 5, age 9yrs Philetus O. Horton and Irene E. Brush had the following children:

70 i. Menzo LeRoy Horton was born on December 16, 1873 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York. He died in 1909. He was a Teacher (1892). He was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York.
71 ii. Lucius L. Horton was born about 1876.
72 iii. Linus B. Horton was born about 1883 in , Steuben, New York. Source: Steven M. Read 2 W. Washington St, #10, Bath, NY 14810-1546
73 iv. Clair G. Horton was born about 1891.

53. Emmett Francis Stone "Francis" (James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1854 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. He was a Student (1860); Farmer in 1860. He appeared on the census on June 17, 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 Census: Town of Pulteney, Steuben Co NY; 17 Jun 1865, pg 14, line 31,
Stone, Francis E. aged 11yrs; male, child, b. Steuben Co NY; single He died in 1935.7 He was buried in Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 39, age 6yrs
The Steuben Courier, Bath, NY; Friday, 06 Dec 1935, pg 2, col 2
Surrogate's Court, Judge John C. Wheeler, Presiding
In Surrogate's Court here Monday Judge John C. Wheeler Admitted for probate these wills.
Emmet F. Stone, Pulteney, $6,000 realty, more than $3,000 personalty; willed equally to a son, James Stone; daughters, Dorothy Cole, Clara Stone, Janie Lewis, Chester Smith and L. S. Stone are Executors.

He was married to Belle Baker before 1892. Belle Baker was born in 1868 in , , United States. She died in 1926. She was buried in Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Emmett Francis Stone "Francis" and Belle Baker had the following children:

+74 i. Janie G. Stone (born in 1892).
+75 ii. James D. Stone (born in 1894).
+76 iii. Dorothy Stone (born on August 19, 1897).
77 iv. Clara H. Stone was living on December 6, 1935.8 She was living on August 15, 1972.9 Note: address was unavailable at the time of her mother's death, 15 Aug 1972 She was born unknown.

54. Florence Stone "Flora" (James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1857 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 30, line 40, age 3yrs

She was married to Charles Hill before 1894. Charles Hill was born ROUGHLY 1864 in , , United States. Florence Stone "Flora" and Charles Hill had the following children:

+78 i. Bert H. Hill (born about 1894).

55. Sarah Stone "Satie" (James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about May 1860 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 She appeared on the census on June 17, 1865 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York.1 Census: Town of Pulteney, Steuben Co NY; 17 Jun 1865, pg 14, line 33
Stone, Sarah, aged 5yrs; female, child b. Steuben Co NY; single Census: 06 Jul 1860, South Pulteney, Pulteney town, Steuben, NY; pg 31, line 1; age 2/12yr

She was married to John T. McConnell before 1889. John T. McConnell was born in , , United States. Sarah Stone "Satie" and John T. McConnell had the following children:

+79 i. Mabel McConnell (born about 1889).

56. Laura Dean (Mary E.<May> Stewart-4, John-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born on May 24, 1864 in Pulteney town, Steuben, New York. She died on November 9, 1932. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)
Note: educated at the Franklin Academy & at Starkey Seminary
Occ: for a short time she was engaged in teaching.
Note: died at the age of 73yrs

She was married to Granger Hotchkin on March 24, 1886. Granger Hotchkin was a Teacher, Prattsburgh, NY. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993) Laura Dean and Granger Hotchkin had the following children:

+80 i. Mary Esther Hotchkin.
81 ii. Florence Laura Hotchkin was a Teacher, Haverling High School, Bath, NY. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)
Note: Never married
82 iii. J. Dean Hotchkin was a Newspaper man of New Bern, North Carolina. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)

58. Charles M. Dean (Mary E.<May> Stewart-4, John-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born on September 21, 1871. He was living on June 1, 1905 in Neils Creek, Avoca Town, Steuben, New York.1 He was a Produce buyer on June 1, 1905 in Neils Creek, Avoca Town, Steuben, New York.1 He died on November 29, 1934 in Bath Village, Steuben, New York.2 He was buried in Bath_Grove Cem, Bath Village, Steuben, New York. "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", howard J. Dean (1993)

He was married to Belle Irene ( ) Dean before 1934. Belle Irene ( ) Dean was born in 1873. She was living on June 1, 1905 in Neils Creek, Avoca Town, Steuben, New York.1 She was a Housework on June 1, 1905 in Neils Creek, Avoca Town, Steuben, New York.1 She died in 1938. She was buried in Bath_Grove Cem, Bath Village, Steuben, New York. Census: 01 Jun 1905, Avoca, Steuben, NY; pg 4, line 50; wife, white, female, aged 32yrs; citz; occ housework

59. Jessie Marjorie Dean (Mary E.<May> Stewart-4, John-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1875 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 She was a School Teacher between 1905 and 1919. She appeared on the census on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 Census: 01 Jun 1905, 1st ED Prattsburgh, Steuben Co NY; pg 2, line 22, daughter, white, female, aged 30yrs; b. US; citz; occ School teacher She died dead. LI: 30 Aug 1919, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY; Witness: Wendell P. Dean & Charles N. Dean, 30 Aug 1919 (MR)
"There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", howard J. Dean (1993)

She was married to Wallace William Cole (son of Andrew Cole and Delilah Rider "Delia") on August 30, 1919 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. by Frank H. Bisbee, clergyman Wallace William Cole was born about 1870 in Smithborough, Tioga, New York.5 He was a Theater Manager in 1919. Witness: Wendell P. Dean & Charles N. Dean, 30 Aug 1919 (MR); LI: 30 Aug 1919, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY; Marriage of 30 was his 1st marriage

SIXTH GENERATION

66. Dorthy Virginia Brush (William H.-5, Lydia Horton-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1).

She was married to {male} Nesbit before 1910.

67. Lena M. Brush (William H.-5, Lydia Horton-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1875.

She was married to {male} Baker before February 24, 1917.

68. Hazel Genla Brush {adopted} (Marion S.-5, Lydia Horton-4, Ann Eliza Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1899 in Milo, Yates, New York.5 LI: 22 Apr 1917, Pulteney, Steuben, NY

She was married to Stephen Streeter Pullar (son of Charles L. Pullar and Adella Streeter "Della") on April 22, 1917 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 by Rev Wiley A. Weart, clergyman Stephen Streeter Pullar was born about 1895 in Clyde, Wayne, New York.1,5 He appeared on the census on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 Census: 01 Jun 1905, 1st E.D. Prattsburgh, Steuben Co NY; pg 14, line 37, son, white, male, aged 10yrs; b. US; citz; occ at school He was an At School on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 He was a Glass Worker in 1917. LI: 22 Apr 1917, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY
Witness: Mrs Alice Presler & Elwin Presler, 22 Apr 1917 (MR)

74. Janie G. Stone (Emmett Francis-5, James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1892 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 She was a Teacher in 1916. She was living on December 6, 1935.8 She died on August 15, 1972 in Niagara Lutheran Nursing Home, Niagara Falls, Niagara, New York.10 She was buried in Prattsburgh_Rural Cem, Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.11 Lewis, Janie Stone, b. 1892 d. 1972 Witness: Laura Wilbur & James D. Stone, 06 Sep 1916 (MR); LI: 06 Sep 1916, Pulteney, Steuben, NY
Obit: Leader, Corning, NY 16 Aug 1972, pg 14, col 2, Mrs. Laurence Lewis
LI: formerly of Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY
Note: she married to Laurence Lewis, who died several years ago.
Note: she was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Prattsburg, & member of the Bennett Chapter 504, OES of Prattsburg
Surv: her daughter, Mrs. Nicholas Paddock of East Aurora; 2-sisters, Mrs Clara H. Stone, address unavailable, and Mrs. Dorothy Cole of Pulteney; 3-grandchildren; a great-grandchild
Note: calling hours & funeral held at Bottoni Funeral Home; the Rev. Dean Bembower officiating.
Burial: Prattsburg Rural Cemetery.

She was married to Laurence S. Lewis (son of William C. Lewis "Will" and Cora Stickney) on September 6, 1916 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 Note: married by Rev. Willard H. French, minister Laurence S. Lewis was born on October 25, 1892 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.5,12 He appeared on the census on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 Census: 01 Jun 1905, 1st Prattsburgh, Steuben Co NY; pg 21, line 14, son, white, male, aged 12yrs; b. US; citz; occ at school He was an At School on June 1, 1905 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.1 He was a Farmer in 1916. He died in 1952. He was buried in Prattsburgh_Rural Cem, Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.11 Lewis, Laurence S. b. 1892 d. 1952 LI: 06 Sep 1916, Prattsburgh, Steuben, NY; Witness: Laura Wilbur & James D. Stone, 06 Sep 1916 (MR) Janie G. Stone and Laurence S. Lewis had the following children:

+83 i. Shirley B. Lewis (born in 1919).
84 ii. Robert Stone Lewis was born on May 16, 1921. He died on January 26, 1934 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York. He was buried in Prattsburgh_Rural Cem, Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.

75. James D. Stone (Emmett Francis-5, James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born in 1894 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 He was a Farmer in 1917. He was living on December 6, 1935.8 He died in 1964. He was buried in Pulteney_Thomas Cem, South Pulteney, Steuben, New York. Witness: William Culbney? or Mertie M. Coons, 15 Aug 1917; LI: 15 Aug 1917, Pulteney, Steuben, NY

He was married to Florence M. Roff (daughter of William H. Roff and Carrie VanGelder) on August 15, 1917 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 by A. B. Scofield, minister Florence M. Roff was born about 1892 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 She was a Teacher in 1917. LI: 15 Aug 1917, Pulteney, Steuben, NY (MR); Witness: William Culbney? or Mertie M. Coons, 15 Aug 1917 James D. Stone and Florence M. Roff had the following children:

85 i. Carolyn Stone. Yates Co Geneological & Historical Society, Penn Yan, NY

76. Dorothy Stone (Emmett Francis-5, James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born on August 19, 1897 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.5,10 Note: could have been born 09 Aug 1902 at Pulteney, Steuben, NY She was a Teacher in 1934. She was living on December 6, 1935.8 She was living on August 15, 1972 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.9 She died on March 11, 2000 in IDM Hospital, Urbana, Steuben, New York.10 She was buried in Pulteney_Glenview Cem, Pulteney, Steuben, New York.10 LI: 1 Dec 1934, 93 Maple St, Hornell, Steuben, NY; Witness: 1 Dec 1934, Mary F. & W. Harold Davis, 93 Maple St, Hornell, NY (MR)
Obit: The Leader, Corning, NY; 12 Mar 2000, pg 2C, Col 1, Dorothy S. Cole
LI: of Cross St, Pulteney, Steuben, NY
Note: helped revive & was a long time president of the Pulteney free library; a volunteer at the Davenport Hospital for 16 yrs, a member & former elder of the Pulteney Presbyterian Church,
Occ: was the principal of the Pulteney School in the 1920's. Retired in 1968 after 48 yrs of teaching from Hammondsport Central School where she taught 4th grade.
Surv: a daughter & son; a grandson, David Preston Cole of MN
Note: not mentioned in her obit were, her parents, brothers or sisters.
Note: a memorial service will be held in the spring at the Pulteney Presbyterian Church.
Burial: Glenview Cem, Pulteney, NY
Donations: to the Pulteney Presbyterian Church, Pulteney Free Library, Pulteney Fire Co or Ambulance Corp or the Hammondsport Central School Scholarship fund.
Arrangements: by the LaMarche Funeral Home, Hammondsport, NY
Obit: The Leader, Corning, NY; 13 Mar 2000, pg 2C, Col 2, Dorothy S. Cole
Obit: Steuben Courier-Advocate, Bath, NY, 19 Mar 2000, pg 18, col 3

She was married to David A. Cole (son of Harry L. Cole and Florence E. Coryell) before December 6, 1935. David A. Cole was born on March 4, 1904 in Hammondsport, Steuben, New York.5 He was a Vineyardist in 1934. He died in 1963.13 Witness: 1 Dec 1934, Mary F & W. Harold Davis, 93 Maple St, Hornell, NY (MR)
LI: 01 Dec 1934, RFD, Pulteney, Steuben, NY Dorothy Stone and David A. Cole had the following children:

+86 i. James David Cole {Vietnam} (born about 1940).
87 ii. Nancy S. Cole was living on March 11, 2000 in Atlanta, Fulton, Georgia.14 She was born born.

78. Bert H. Hill (Florence Stone "Flora"-5, James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1894 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 He was a Farmer in 1915. LI: 16 Jun 1915, Pulteney, Steuben, NY
Witness: Della Drumm & James Drumm, 16 Jun 1915 (MR)

He was married to Mildred Moon (daughter of John F. Moon and Jemima <G.> McCormick) on June 16, 1915 in Prattsburgh, Steuben, New York.5 by Elmer J. Stuart, clergyman Mildred Moon was born about 1895 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 She was a Housewife in 1915. Witness: Della Drumm & James Drumm, 16 Jun 1915 (MR)
LI: 16 Jun 1915, Pulteney, Steuben, NY Bert H. Hill and Mildred Moon had the following children:

+88 i. Preston J. Hill "Pret" (born on January 3, 1920).
89 ii. Charles Hill died before February 1, 1994.

79. Mabel McConnell (Sarah Stone "Satie"-5, James D.-4, Betsey Stewart-3, Joseph-2, William-1) was born about 1889 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 She was a Housewife in 1911.

She was married to Herbert W. Brown (son of Josiah W. Brown and Lucy ? Newman) on April 5, 1911 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 by Joseph Clarke, Clergyman Herbert W. Brown was born about 1882 in Pulteney, Steuben, New York.5 He was a Laborer in 1911. Note: Living 08 Feb 1911; witness at wedding of brother, Joseph A. Brown, with Birtie Brown.

80. Mary Esther Hotchkin (Laura Dean-5, Mary E.<May> Stewart-4, John-3, Joseph-2, William-1). "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy", Howard J. Dean (1993)

She was married to William Harvey Hoag.

Prepared by:
Jean Kay Morse
6929 E. William St, Ext,
Bath, Steuben Co., New York 14810
607 776-2492 day 776-2940 nite
diamondl@empacc.net

SOURCES

1. Steuben County Census Records, Bath, New York.
2. Steuben County Death Records, Bath, NY.
3. Vital Statistics for 1903.
4. Admin.
5. Steuben County Marriage Records, Bath, Steuben, NY.
6. Marriage Record.
7. Newspaper.
8. Probate of Will from Surrogate's Court.
9. Sister's Obituary.
10. Death Notice.
11. Steuben County Cemetery Records, Bath, New York.
12. Edited by William Henry Wright & Gertrude Wright Ketcham. Who are descendants of Samuel Wright (1722-1789) of Lenox, MA with Lineage back to Thomas Wright (1620-1670) of Wethersfield, CT (Emigrated 1640) & showing a direct line to John Wright, Lord of Kelvedon Hall, Essex, England.
13. Wife's obituary.
14. Mother's Obituary.
15. KEG522@aol.com.
16. Mother-in-law's obituary.
17. Grandmother's obituary.

Posted: 4 Jan 2003 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Stewart
Through this message board, I found some excellent Stewart family researchers who were very helpful and willing to share their findings. Contact me directly for more information at bir1@nysaes.cornell.edu.

My wife is also a descendant of Joseph and Lydia Stewart. There are still a number of descendants in the area.

Posted: 4 Jan 2003 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Stewart
Jean:
Thanks for the great information on the Stone family. You give Thomas Stone as being born in either Montgomery, New York or in Pennsylvania. According to a printed history (I can look up the source for you), the Stones (Thomas and his father James) came from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, which is in the Philadelphia area. This might solve the conflict in your data.
Best regards,
Bruce

Posted: 4 Jan 2003 7:33PM GMT
I would like any information that you would be willing to part with. I would really like pedigree or descendant history of as far back as you can. Thank You. Jean Kay Morse

Phyllis Walker Palermo (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Nolan, Myres, Billington, Borden, Phelps, Wilson
Hello,

You seem to be the expert on the Stewart family in Steuben County! My gggrandfather was William Fred Stewart b. 1827 and died 10/1886. He was married 5/20/1850 in Erwin, NY to Margaret Borden. They were married by her father, Rev. John Borden. They had: Frances (my ggrandmother), Hellen, George, Mary, Jessie, Fred, Margaret, John, Bert & Walter. I am looking for William Fred's parents. Have been told his father was John and that they came from Schoharie, NY. Do you have any info? Thanks so much!

Phyllis

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 11:24PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2005 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart;Stuart;Sayre; Riley; Horton;Stone
Jean - I have enjoyed your information. I'm a descendant of Joseph and Lydia Stewart through their daughter Rhoda m/1 Sayre, m/2 Owen Riley Sr. Much of this data I had already pieced together but would like to know if "There We Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy," Howard J. Dean (1993) is still available and if you might know how I'd obtain a copy? Many thanks!

Jean Kay Morse (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2004 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Dean, Morse
Jamie,
Where are you? There is a copy of "There Came From, The William Dean Family, A History of Genealogy," by Howard J. Dean (1993) at the Steuben County Historian Office in the Magee House, Bath, New York.
Jean Kay Morse

keith (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2004 7:13AM GMT
My gg father william strattons
daughter was lilly stratton who married Marion
Brush. I know that william was living at their home when he died. I do no they had a adopted daughter but no lead as to what happened to her.
Keith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions