Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on a LUTHER T. FULLER from KENTUCKY

Looking for information on a LUTHER T. FULLER from KENTUCKY

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2011 7:31PM GMT
Hello,
My father was Patrick Jon "PJ" Fuller. His mother was "Patricia" Genevieve Fuller. Both were previously married and had children from previous relationships. My father was the youngest. His father's name was Luther, and went by L.T. Fuller.
My grandmother went by Patricia, but I don't think that was actually part of her name -- everything I've found on her is Geneveive. I believe when she was previously married, her last name was Winn. They were from the Hopkinsville, KY area. I know my father had a brother named Jerry. As far as other siblings names, I honestly don't know.
I'm trying to find additional information on the family tree, but finding it quite difficult. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for information on a LUTHER T. FULLER from KENTUCKY

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2012 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: Fuller, Winn
Hello,

I believe your father was my great grandfather's brother. His name was William Jewell Fuller. I too am stuck on L T and Genevieve. Have you found anything else? Where did you get the Winn name? Just from word of mouth?

Also - based on newspaper articles, it looks like PJ/Patrick Jon also went by Pat at some point. Also, Luther Thomas/LT was a barber.

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 2:27PM GMT
PJ Fuller was my father. Genevieve was my grandmother. I know she was married twice, because my father was the youngest of several children, step and half. One of his brothers was named Jerry Winn.
I have found some info, but not much.
Also, my grandmother went by Patricia for several years. I am not sure though if that was a first or middle name.

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 7:24PM GMT
Let's see if I have the right Fuller. I have a Luther Fuller born in Jan 1893 in KY as the son of Willis E.H. Fuller (b. 1871 Christian Co, KY) in the 1900 Christian Co, KY U.S. Census. Would this be about right?

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 7:55PM GMT
From the info I have gathered, this would be my grandfather. He would have died when my father was about 15.

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 2:00AM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2012 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Fuller, Winn, Walker
I have gotten some more information as well.

Luther was married twice.

Genevieve "Patricia" Winn is the mother of Jerry and Patrick Jon "Pat" "PJ" Fuller. I am not 100% sure Luther is the father of both. Margaret Walker is the mother of Desma, Edith, Margaret, and William Jewell Fuller. I don't have DoBs or DoDs on any of these except William Jewell who was born 25 May 1913.

Also I believe Willis's wife was named Belle and they had at least 3 kids - Luther Thomas, Garrett, and Louis.

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 2:49AM GMT
L.T. Was the father to PJ but not Jerry. Patricia G. Was mother to both. They were half brothers.

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 3:24AM GMT
I'm so glad a couple of people are responding!
Ok, so when I originally asked the question, it was over a year ago. I've found a tiny bit more, but not much.

LT's DOB was Jan 12 1893. His death was July 2 1961. That would have roughly made my dad 16, which lines up.

LT's father was Willis E.H. Fuller (someone posted that here), DOB was sept 17 1870, DOD was May 1 1938.

LT's mother was Victoria "Belle" Armstrong, which is sort of a lucky find because she didn't go by Victoria, but apparently that was part of the marriage license.

LT's family line is searchable at that point, and I've been able to find some lineage, but I can't get any further than Victoria Belle on the mother side.

It's very frustrating to not know you're own family history past the grandparents/great grandparents.

Heck, I don't even know all of my father's brother's/sister's names. He was the youngest of, what I'm told, 16 full, step, and half. The only one I'm confident of is Jerry Winn, who was a half brother, and is also deceased.

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 7:31PM GMT
In that the direct Fuller who seems to be of most interest presently is Luther Thomas Fuller (b. 12Jan1893 Christian Co, KY), the following is what I have:
1st wife: Margaret "Maggie" Walker (b.1893 KY) married before 1912 in KY. Children: Dasma (b. 1912), William Jewel (b.25May1913), Hansel (b.1916), Thomas R. (b.1918), and Edith L. Fuller (b.1920). All born in Madisonville, Hopkins Co, KY.
2nd Wife: Genevieve Patricia Unknown formerly married to a Winn. Child: Patrick Jon Fuller b. aft. 1920.
Luther Thomas Fuller passed away 1 July 1961.
John Beattie Fuller
Questions and/or additions?

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 7:46PM GMT
Genevieve's maiden name was Murphy. My father, Patrick Jon, was born April 28, 1945.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic