Search for content in message boards

Marie Bélanger

Marie Bélanger

Posted: 27 May 2002 3:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bélanger, Gélinas, Chamaillard, Séguin, Pharand dit Vivarais, "Young"
Hi... I saw just now your answer to Don LaCombe's message from FamilyHistory.com site and I think you can help me. I'm searching for Marie/Maria Bélanger/Belanger who seems coming from Pointe-Fortune or Rigaud, Québec, Canada. b 1884 August 24. Her father was Francois-Xavier/Frank Bélanger & mother was Hortense or Chloé Pharand de Vivarais. They lived maybe in St-Eugene, Prescott and after a while they went in Sault Ste-Marie, Mich USA. After they werw in Detroit. She married Alfred Gélinas in Sault Ste-Marie Sept 22 1908. He was born 6 Nov 1885 in St-Barnabé, Qué. Canada.They had 3 daughtersafter they came back in Shawinigan, Québec Canada in 1908-1909

Re: Marie Bélanger

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2002 12:39AM GMT
bonjour,

Just noticed your name on this generic forum. Line Matteau and I are working on the Matteau genealogy. I wonder as to whether you are part of our database.

DO you mind providing us with your parents' names or husband's name is Matteau is not your maiden name.
Give you an idea of where you live: USA, Québec,etc.

Jean-Mariea

Jean-Marie Matteau (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2002 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Renée Matteau
Hello!
My husband's name is NORMAN CLERMONT. My name is my maiden name.
I am searching where my grandmother was born and baptised. I know she is married in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan.
Thank you to communicate with me.
Renée Matteau
zbudvert@hotmail.com

Posted: 9 Aug 2002 9:36PM GMT
Hi Renée:

I live in Québec and I do not have access to birth and death records for Michigan. Furthermore, birth and death records are the most difficult to get because repertories exist for so few parishes contrary to marriage repertories.

On way of finding out is to go by the place her parents were married. It is likely that their children at least were born there. That you would do with marriage repertories.

If I can be of some help with regard to events that took place in Québec, let me know.

I have a database of Matteau and I do not believe that you are part of it. Is Matteau your maiden or married name. What were the names of your parents?

Keep in touch!

Jean-Marie

Posted: 9 Aug 2002 9:39PM GMT
Hi Renée:

What was the maiden name of the Grand mother?
To whom was she married?
Do you have her parents' names?

JEan-Marie

Renée Matteau (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2002 8:19PM GMT
Renée Matteau = Robert Matteau b1909 m1937 with Jeannette Gélinas
m 1962 with Ephrem Matteau m1908 with Caroline Gagnon
Norman Clermont Maxime Matteau m1875 with M Stéphanie Grenier

Jeannette Gélinas = Alfred (Pierre Josaphat) m1908 with Marie Bélanger
Onesime m 1878 with Anna Ayotte