Search for content in message boards

Family surnames, County Clare

Cullinan

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cullinan, Flanagan, Ryan, Tierney
Susan Cullinan from Lehinch Ennistymon Co. Clare was the first wife of my GGrandfather Martin Flanagan. Susan died shortly after the birth of her third child. Daughter were Kactherine, Susan and Margaret. The last daughter was born abt. 1890. All daughters immigrated to Boston Area in the early 1900's

James J. Murphy

Edited: 6 Jan 2002 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: MURPHY
Many of Chemung Co., NY Irish were from West County Clare.
In 1905 James Murphy ae 40 b Ire, 11 years in US.
In 1905 John Murphy ae 28 b Ire, 4 years in US
In 1910 James Murphy Single ae 40 Im 1890 Labor Steam RR
In 1910 John Murphy Single ae 32 Im 1900 Car Repairer
This is everything I know about Murphy men. Graycourt is not a familiar name in Chemung Co.

James Murphy

ANNE O'BRIEN (View posts)
Surnames: O'Brien, Murphy, Casey, Reddy, McCabe
My ggfather was James J. Murphy. Oral history has him in the area of Graycourt, N.Y. in 1845. He bought a home there in 1847 or 1849. He was father of Bridget Murphy who married my grandfather,John J. O'Brien in 1896 in Graycourt. The family eventually moved to Brooklyn, NY. Could this be a connection to the James Murphy at the boarding house that you mentioned? I'm not really sure where Graycourt is- I think it is near Goshen. Any help would be appreciated.

Cullinans of Clare

Edited: 6 Jan 2002 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: CULLINAN, REIDY, READY, FINN, McNAMARA, MURPHY, KENNEDY, DUFFY
For several years I have been looking for the family of Bridget Cullinan b July 4, 1855, im 1873 and married John Reidy (son of Patrick READY and Margaret FINN of Liscannor, County Clare). John died young and Bridget ran a boarding house for Irish men at 207 South Ave,Elmira, Chemung Co, NY. In 1905 and 1910 Michael Cullinan b abt 1865 and im 1898 was living at her boarding house. Other boarders: Jeremiah McNamara, James and John Murphy, Patrick and Michael Kennedy, and Christopher Duffy.

Family surnames, County Clare

Nancy Chamerlain (View posts)
Surnames: Carlin, Considine, Cullinan, Carrigh
All my relatives are from County Clare I have information on the males and their families from the year 1669, from my the family of my grandfather, Joseph Stephen Cullinan. I am looking for anything I can find on the other County Clare relatives.I do know that the Considines and Cullinans emigrated together in 1850 and the Considines went to Dubuque, Iowa because of the large contingent there of people from Clare there, drawn by the Cistercians who came from Clare.
I would like to subscribe.

CULLINANS OF CLARE

Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2006 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Cullinan, Vaughan
Mary Cullen was my gt. grandmother. She was born in Warrington England in 1853 and married James Smith in Lancashire in 1875.

Thomas Cullinan was Mary's father. The name was corrupted and appears as Culnan, Cullen, Cullan, and Cullin. He married at Catherine Vaughan at St. Alban's R.C. Churchnin Warrington England in 1852. He was born in Ireland, and I suspect he came from County Clare. I am told that Clare is one of the few places in Ireland where Cullinans and Vaughans were found together.

Connor Cullinan was Thmas' father. He had died by the time of Thomas' marriage in 1852. He is described as a farmer. I have not found him on the 1851 census for Warrington. He may have come to England, or he may have died in Ireland.

If anyone has any information please get in touch. I don't know if my details help you. Let's hope so.

Murphy

Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy
Thanks so much for your info. I have since found Greycourt, NY. It seems to be a railroad crossing SE of Goshen, NY. I believe that my James was a farmer. I have oral info of his farming potatoes, celery and onions in 1845. Will keep searching, but thank you for sharing!
Annie

Reddy, Jones, & Clark

James Reddy (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reddy, Jones, Clark
Looking for info. on Christopher Reddy, born possibly Dublin Ireland around 1820's. Husband to Jane Clark, born 1827 Ireland. Had three children, James Andrew, Mary and Julia. James Andrew married to Jennie Caroline Jones 11/11/1889 in Brooklyn New York. Any info is helpful. Thanks

Reddy

Posted: 1 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reddy, Murphy, O'Brien, Casey
I just found documentation of a Thomas J. Murphey buried in Greycourt Cemetery in Orange Co., NY. Thomas was b. 1822 and d. 1870. So far I do not have anything more than oral history to connect this Thomas Murphey to my family, but my oral history has a Thomas Murphey married to a Mary Reddy, Thomas being brother to James J. Murphy, who was m. to Bridget Reddy, sister to Mary Reddy.

Eventually descendents of this family settled in Brooklyn as well.

I also just got a response to a quirey about Reddy's in Ireland and though we do not have a connection at this point, you might check out this person with your info.

fidgad@aol.com

Good luck and please keep in touch.

Thomas Redmond

Jim Reddy (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Redmond, Mayers
Searching for information on Thomas Redmond and wife Katie Mayers. They had thirteen children, most likely from Manhattan New York. Both born approximately 1870. Any information is helpful. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions