Search for content in message boards

browns and miller of chatanooga tenn hamilton county

browns and miller of chatanooga tenn hamilton county

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 9:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find out any info I can for my mother on her family .Her mother was Elsie Mae Brown .Elsies parents were Knox Arthur Brown who died in the 1930 chatanooga tenn he was a taxi cab driver Elsies mother was sarah elizabeth miller .Elsie died 1939 shortly after mom was born she had a sister named davalee .Davalee brown was said to have been killed by her boyfriend as he knocked her down a flight of stairs .this was told to my mom by her cousin knox arthur wilburn or eddy wilburn she doesnt remeber there names much therse also possibility last name is wilcox .Mom remebers being raised on poplar street in chatanooga tenn and going to hc clay Evans school down the road she also remebers that not far from there her aunt davalee lived in some courtside apts .great granny sarah brown also worked at one time for a company that made stationary letters envelopes ect .mom and her cousins were in and out of offerings home she remembers chamess offering home .any help on when sarah miller brown died who her parents were ect would be greatly appreciated also any info on davalee brown and her death would be appreciated it is believed she died around 1947-1950 mom would like to know if any of her family is still living if not then where there buried as she would like to go look at there graves

Re: browns and miller of chatanooga tenn hamilton county

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 10:50PM GMT
Looking for BROWNS in HAMILTON is only to 1930 in census as they wait 70 to publish census. so we need marriage records or at least names.
What was Elsies married name? What was your mom's maiden name?
Was Davalee ever married?
Who are Wilbanks and Benton?
GINNY 2 ginnynumbertwo@yahoo.com

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 11:36PM GMT
1930 census HAMILTON, Chattanooga TN
BROWN
Knox A. b.ca 1889 TN HEAD
Sarah E. b. ca 1895 TN wife
Dova L. b. ca 1915 TN daughter
Elsie M. b. ca 1916 TN daughter
Joseph b. ca 1846 father

Couldn't find anything beyond 1930 on census.
Knox father seemed to be living with them. Tried to find Sarah Miller earlier, had one married to a Carey Siler in 1918, he died 1921. they had 2 children:
Ethel b.1919 and Paul Joseph b.1921 but in Knoxville, KNOX TN.
Funny that your Sarah had an Elsie & Joseph too.
GOOD HUNTING.
Get your mom's maiden name and see if you can find if Dova was ever married. Need Elsies married name also, and your mom's fathers name.
GINNY 2 ginnynumbertwo@yahoo.com
PLEASE USE THIS ADDRESS

Posted: 15 Mar 2006 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: MILLER, BROWN, COOPER, NEAL, WILBANKS, BENTON
DOROTHY, I looked for Albert Jackson COOPER and the ones from Chatta were all the same age as Knox and Sarah. and all with other womans names as wives.
One lived with father in law in 1920 with his wife and 3 sons. His father in law was
MINOR, Oscar with wife Josephine.
Albert J. wife was Hortense in 1920. She was 26, he 29
COOPER, Albert son-in-law 29 M W TN TN TN
sons were
Albowen 5 TN TN TN
Willis 3 1/2 TN TN TN
Marion D 1 1/2 TN TN TN

1930 age marriage status age at marriage
Albert J head 38 m w 22 TN GA TN
LILLIAN M. wife 33 f w m 18 TN MS TN
Al B. son 14 m w s TN TN TN
Willis son 12 TN TN TN
Marion D. son 11 TN TN TN
Billy M. son 8 TN TN TN
Martha T/F daughter 5 1/2 FL TN TN
G. Victor son 1 1/2 TN TN TN

First 3 sons are the same, wife is different, gap in children after Marion. Yes that was a MANs name, woman were Miriam.

Also WILBANKS is also older. Has wife and children, one named Dorra.

You said Sarah Ruth was abused by her family. Was this her real family, her grandparents, or ther foster family?
What about Dava Lee. Where was she when this was going on. did she too live in orphanage and foster home?

could find NO marriage for COOPER or NEAL to a Brown.
Or a WILBANKS or BENTON.

Contact me at ginnynumbertwo@yahoo for possible
contact with Eddie & Arthur.
GINNY 2

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions