Search for content in message boards

Ex-spouses

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 3:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is a problem I cannot fix. When I create a descendant chart on FTM 2010, he ex-spouse of my cousin is beside him, while his current wife is to the right of her. I have tried everything to move the ex, including doing the "preferred spouse" thing, changing dates of her wedding, birth, divorce, etc., even moving the box physically to the side. Yet, when I look at the chart again, there she is, beside him. Is he haunted by her?
I have 3 other families with exes in the same chart and they are fine. What causes this, and can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Chickie

Re: Ex-spouses

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 10:40AM GMT
Chickie,

Not quite sure what you are talking about. Is it the way the spouses are displayed in the Descendant Chart?

What is the arrangement in the (3 other families) as compared to this one?

Trying to determine what the problem is.

Russ

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 1:48PM GMT
Hi Russ,

If I could email you, I could send jpg's of how it looks, but I'll try here first.

Yes, it's the way spouses are displayed in the descendant chart. The ex-wife in this case is right beside the husband and his current wife is on the other side of her. I just want to put the current wife beside him.

It works all right for the other families in the chart, so I can't figure out why it doesn't work for this one.

Thanks for your reply. Hope this helps.

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 6:13PM GMT
chickerychick,

Do the other families, you mentioned, also have multiple relationships AND you can put the EX to the right of the current spouse?

In the Relationship Tab, for the person with multiple spouses, what are the Relationship settings for the two spouses?

Russ

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 8:22AM GMT
Have you set the spouse order correctly?

John D

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 12:27PM GMT
Yes, I have, John.

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 3:32AM GMT
For some reason I didn't get this email.

Yes, the other families have multiple relationships AND I can put the ex to the right of the current spouse.

In the relationship tab, with this difficult one, the settings are:

Spouse 1: Spouse - Divorced
Spouse 2: Spouse - Ongoing - Preferred

That's the way it should be, but it doesn't come out that way.

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 3:57AM GMT
ochickerychick,

Do you have have any marriage dates?

Russ

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 4:01AM GMT
At first I didn't, but then I added fake ones and it still didn't work..lol. I even downloaded a new
GEDcom file with the fake dates, and it didn't work.

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 4:03AM GMT
chickerychick

What are fake dates?

Are you using Bef. Aft. Abt. Dates?

Do the other relationship have dates?

Trying to figure out why some display the way you want them and this one does not.

Russ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic