Search for content in message boards

STOHR -- looking for the first name of Robert and Clyde STOHR's father

STOHR -- looking for the first name of Robert and Clyde STOHR's father

Steve (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2002 11:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: Stohr
I have a grandfather first name not known, last name is Stohr. He had two or more son. One being Stephen Robert Stohr (this is my deceased fathers name) the other is Clyde Stohr. Both died in Texas leaving us with no knowledge my fathers heritage. Some info: My fathers dad lived in NY, I assume he died there. Rumur is he shot himself. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Stohr

Sid Emmons (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2002 11:38AM GMT
There a few STOHRs around the Cuba, Allegany Co.,NY area.
I had a lady who worked for me some years ago who married and divorced a John STOHR who isn't listed in the Cuba phone directory at this time. I'll call her and see if she knows where he is and if so, I'll let you know. He would be some 60 yrs old at this time. I knew him some years ago and I think he would give me the data if there's a fit.
Kind of a wild chance both the name is rare and we might get a hit.
Sid Emmons, Historian, Town of Lyndon,Catt Co.,NY

Re: STOHR -- Clyde STOHR's children

steve stohr (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2002 8:18AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 3:13AM GMT
Sid Emmons, Historian.
Thank you for your promptness.Today I learned that Clyde Stohr had 3 sons: John, Steve, Clyde and one daughter named Donna. I have a Grandmother in Buffalo, I met her when I was a child, I do not recall her name unfortunately. Thanks again.

Re: STOHR -- Clyde STOHR's children

Posted: 16 Sep 2009 8:47PM GMT
John's last known email is JOLOSTOHR@aol.com in SC. Donna Moses last known is omamoses@verizon.net

Clyde M Stohr JR had 3 sons in his 1st marriage to Mildred Parker: Jeff, Larry, Kenneth.

With his second wife Linda W Carol (74-?)I think 2 sons. I only remember Mark.

Re: STOHR -- looking for the first name of Robert and Clyde STOHR's father

Posted: 13 May 2010 2:45PM GMT
Do you have dates for any of these folks? I just found info on ancestry.com. One page is attached. Email me at cbarber@brockwaytv.com if this is the correct family. This info comes from the lineage of the Mapes family. There may be more. If its correct I will look further if you do not have a subscription to ancestry.
Carol Barber

Posted: 13 May 2010 2:47PM GMT
Sorry Steve, apparently the page didn't attach. Give me a ring on the email and I will send it to you.
Carol

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Hi Steve,
I am your Uncle John Stohr. Your dad was my younger brother. Contact me at jolosto561@aol.com. Our older brother was Clyde, Jr. I would be so happy to know you.
Love, John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions