Search for content in message boards

James Lee and Sarah of NC -1600 & 1700's

James Lee and Sarah of NC -1600 & 1700's

Posted: 1 Sep 2001 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2003 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Easley, Walker, Garrison, Lee, Caldwell, Doak, Houston, Sevier, Bowman
I am searching for the ancestry of James Lee who married a Sarah (possibly Ludwell, Moore, or Grymes). James was born about 1690/1695 and died about January 1731 or 1732. James was from Bertie County, NC, and he and Sarah had three sons: Robert, James, and William. The son named James married Frances ? and then Agnes Cade, and died in Edgecombe County, North Carolina. James was born about 1725 and died in 1777.

If anyone has any information about the ancestry of any of these people, PLEASE share it with me. The two James' and Sarah are in my direct ancestry, and I have been searching for more information. I would greatly appreciate any assistance! Thanks in advance!

Re: James Lee and Sarah of NC -1600 & 1700's

E.B Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 11:00PM GMT
Hi I am on the computor com. for the HENRY LEE SOCIETY.

We have JAMES [1674-will1731] & Sarah
and JAMES [1699VA-1777Bertie Co.NC] m. Agnes Cade 1760
He is listed with William & Rogert
and JAMES [1645/57-1728 Bath co.] m. Sarah
Chs:Elizabeth,Patiene,Millie,Sarah,Leonell,John Jr. & James who d. 1738 Beauford Co. & mar. Mary Payton & Chs were:Peter, John, Mary, LEVI Lee [b.1726 in Beauford Co.& will 1818 Gates Co.,Stephen Adm.]
Children born in the 1720s must be of the first James & Sarah or a 1st wife Sarah of the 2nd James.

Robert b.1724, wife Elizabeth; William b. 1725,w. Charity
James J.[1727Bertie Co-1780].w Joyce & Kizziah 3 daus.

JAMES & John Lee pat land in 1719, 380 ac in Morattock (Roanoke) River Chowan Co. [1723 became Bertie Co., 1741 So of Riv became pt of Northampton & Edgecombe Co., In 1760 Herdford Co. dev. ]

According to Mrs. G.F. Holbes, JAMES is a son of our JOHN LEE of the 1674/1695 Patents, in Nansemond Co. VA.

Maybe you would be interested in joining the HENRY LEE SOCIETY? We are meeting on Oct. 19 & 20,2001, in Memphis, TN.

We sure hope that your records will fit to what we have and add some accurate data and connections to what we have on the JAMES LEE'S, and what we have will fill some "holes" that you might have. Eileen

Henry Lee Society

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 1:46PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2003 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Easley, Garrison, Patterson, Humphreys, Doak, Sevier, Houston, Bowman, Caldwell, Phagan, Walker, Billingsley, Dacus, McNew
Hi!

I emailed you the day you posted your message about the Henry Lee Society, but I never heard back from you. I am wondering if maybe there was a typo in the email address listed under your name? Please let me know. I really would like to know more about the Henry Lee Society, and I would like to hear from you about Lee information. If you like, I think I still have the email I sent you a few weeks ago, so I can resend it. Hope to hear from you!! Thank you very much for your post!!

Posted: 4 Dec 2006 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Lee
Rebecca,
Did you ever learn more about the Lee Society??

Posted: 22 Apr 2007 10:27PM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Leigh, Eure, Williams
I am interested in Stephen Lee who is mentioned in this thread as in Gates County and having administered a will of Levi Lee. Can anyone help with this connection? I know this is an old thread. (Marriage record for Stephen Leigh is in Gates to Barsheba Eure, Jan 13, 1800.) Does anyone have information from this Levi Lee will that they can share with me? Daughter of Stephen Leigh/Lee and Barsheba married Michael williams.

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 11:17PM GMT
I am looking for James Middleton Lee from the Guilford County area of North Carolina. James married Rebecca(Self)?.
Their daughter Priscilla Lee was suppose to be related to the Virginia Lee's.Does anyone connect to my Lees?

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: LEE, BROWN
SEARCHING FOR MY GRANDMA BESSIE LEE'S FAMILY. MY

GREAT GRANDPARENTS ARE LON LEE AND NANCY

BROWN LEE FROM MARSHALL CITY IN MADISON COUNTY

NC.
LON LEE WAS BORN IN 1880 IN JACKSON COUNTY NC

AND DIED ON APRIL 6, 1950 IN GASTON COUNTY NC AT

AGE 70. LON HAS A SISTER CARRIE LEE AND A BROTHER

ROSS LEE.
NANCY BROWN LEE WAS BORN AROUND 1873 IN

HAYWOOD COUNTY NC, SHE DIED FEB 19, 1968 IN

MARSHALL CITY. NANCY IS BURIED IN PEEK CEMETERY IN

MARS HILL NC.
THE LEE CHILDREN WERE......BESSIE LEE, HATTIE LEE,

JOHN LEE, HOOVER LEE, JAKE LEE.
PLEASE CONTACT ME THRU EMAIL

PENNYWOOTEN@WINDOWSLIVE.COM OR POST MAIL ME

AT 507 EAST CLONINGER STREET DALLAS NC 28034

Bobby Lee

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 11:25PM GMT
I am searching for Bobby Lee who lived in Memphis TN in 1949 and he attended or was connected with Memphis State College. I have info that he passed away while living with a daughter in Alabama. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions