Search for content in message boards

Long Island, Bahamas

Long Island, Bahamas

Posted: 19 Jan 2001 7:51AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 10:55PM GMT
Looking for information regarding the Major family early to late 1800's. Father, Lloyd who had 5 or 6 daughters and one son. Daughters, Adeline and Josephine went to Nassau. Also some relationship with Turnquest, Wells and Cartwright and the Major family.

Alma Harris Long Island family search

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 8:06PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 2:36PM GMT
Dear Alma,
Please contact me. I might be able to assist you.
Yolanda Deal Rotondo

Alma Harris and Long Island Family search

Helen Wells Spurlock (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 1:13PM GMT
Dear Alma,
I am searching for family of Samuel G. Wells who was born in the Southern District of Long Island, Bahamas in 1885. I know that his mother's name was Rebecca Wells and I think that his father was also Samuel G. Wells and he had several brothers and sisters. Samuel G. left Long Island when he was approximately 16 years of age and did not keep in contact with the rest of his family. Would appreciate hearing from you as to whether or not you happen to know of this family. Samuel. G. Wells father died when Sameul was very young and his mother Rebecca remarried, but I do not know the name of her second husband other than he was a schoolmaster.
Thank you very much for any assistance you can give me.
Helen

Re: Alma Harris and Long Island Family search

Carlos Rodriguez (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2003 11:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
In 1930 Puerto Rico Census there is a Rebecca Wells, 51 or 57 year old, that may or may not be related. If interested send me e-mail and I will send you copy of the census page. Thank you. Carlos

Helen Wells (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 1:58PM GMT
To Carlos Rodriquez:

Would appreciate copy of Puerto Rico Census page with Rebekah Wells on it (1930).

Thank you.

Carl Peter Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2006 7:42PM GMT
Still looking for Samuel G Wells? His father was Samuel Freeman Wells and mother did marry Virginius Robert Ritchie a School Master in Long Island. Email me if you need more.

Re: Long Island, Bahamas

Posted: 31 Jan 2007 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: Major
I know someone who is looking for the Major family around Eleuthera. The names she gave me are Albertha, George Arthur and Wilfred. Sorry, no dates were supplied.

Re: Long Island, Bahamas

Posted: 31 Jan 2007 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Major
I have not been able to connect the Eleuthera Majors to the Long Island Majors, but there probably is a connection. Currently, I will check my notes to find out if I have any information on the Eleuthera Major family.

Posted: 31 Jan 2007 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: Wells
I have a Samuel Freeman Wells married to Rebecca Carroll and show the following children: Rebecca Jane born 1 Feb 1893; Allam Augustine born 6 Aug 1895; and Richard Elgin born 28 April 1901. There may be other children. I don't have information on Samuel G.

I am an Armbrister please Help

Posted: 4 Feb 2007 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Armbrister
My grandfathers name was James William Armbrister and his father was George W. Armbrister both from Nassau Bahamas. James had a sister they called Ms. Dot.

It has always been a question what happened to my grandfathers family, he had no direct relatives besides his immediate family and 2 marriages. Please help me, he looked as though he was mixed, his father married Beatrice Sturrup of Nassau.

I need to know there a more relatives for him, he was such a one of a kind. James mother went to Florida and gave birth as to give him U.S. citizenship.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions