Search for content in message boards

Obit needed for Ida Gertrude Doonan Davidson died 1953 in Farmington

Obit needed for Ida Gertrude Doonan Davidson died 1953 in Farmington

Posted: 12 May 2012 9:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DAVIDSON; DOONAN
Need obit for Ida Gertrude "Gertie" Davidson nee Doonan who died July 5, 1953 in Farmington, Maine.

Could anyone help me with this?

Re: Obit needed for Ida Gertrude Doonan Davidson died 1953 in Farmington

Posted: 13 May 2012 7:02AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 13 May 2012 7:34AM GMT
Surnames: blake, davidson, doonan, pike
May help (If I'm on the right track)

iola d pike
ARMINGTON -- Iola D. Pike, 90, died June 11, 2009, at Edgewood Rehabilitation & Living Center in Farmington where she had been a resident for the past year, following a long illness.
She was born in Lenexville, Quebec, Canada, Oct. 15, 1918, the daughter of Horace G. and E. Gertrude (Doonan) Davidson. Iola was educated in the schools of Canada and Mechanic Falls, ME.
She married Charles Courtney Pike July 11, 1937, in Yarmouth. He died May 28, 1994. Iola was a housewife most of her life and for many years she did promotional work for J.J. Nissen Baking Co. In Franklin County.
Iola enjoyed refinishing antiques, knitting, cooking, tole painting, hunting, fishing, decoupage and was an excellent seamstress.
She is survived by two sons, Dennis C. Pike and wife, Sheila of Farmington, Peter D. Pike and wife Priscilla of Temple; two sisters, Althia Blake of Pownal, and Karlene Dearburg of Yarmouth; 5 grandchildren, RaeAnn Hargreaves , Susan Hogan, Michael Pike, Angela Mahoney, Carol Ouellette; 7 great grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by two brothers, Karl and Keith.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m., Thursday, June 18, 2009 at Fairview Cemetery in Farmington. At Iola's request there will be no funeral or visitation hours.
Friends wishing may make donations in her memory to the charity of their choice.
Arrangements are by Dan & Scott's Cremation & Funeral Service, 445 Waterville Road, Skowhegan.

Althea Emma
Blake, 96
POWNAL -- Long time Pownal resident, Althea Emma Blake, 96, passed away on Nov. 13, 2010, from living four plus years at the Hawthorne House in Freeport.
The daughter of Horace George Davidson and Gertrude Edith (Noonan) Davidson, Althea was born in Lennoxville of Quebec, Canada and attended schools there. She married Ernest Loyd Cavanagh in 1934 and had one son, Richard E. Cavanagh. Ernest predeceased her in 1944.
Althea, after marrying Earle Blake on July 15,1948, moved to Pownal. They had one son, Lester A. Blake and Earle had a son from a previous marriage, David Blake.
Althea actively participated as ballot clerk, fund raising for suppers, the formation of Pownal Elementary School, member of the Pownal Scenic & Historical Society, past president Fireman's Auxiliary, assisted on the Pownal Volunteer Fire Department, secretary of Pownal's Senior Citizens and past president of American Legion Auxiliary.
She is survived by three sons, David Blake and wife Rita of Little Rock, Ark., Richard Cavanagh and wife Charlotte of both Pownal and Naples, Fla.; daughter-in-law Diane Cavanagh predeceased her in 2000; and Lester Blake; close friend and partner Pam Starrett of Pownal; and daughter-in-law, Karen Sylvain. She is also survived by seven grandchildren and seven great- grandchildren: Lynn (Blake) Harrison and husband Dennis of Little Rock, Ark.; Kelley (Cavanagh) Norton and husband Wayne; two great-granddaughters, Ashley and Meghan Norton, all of Gorham; Michael Cavanagh; one great-grandson, Alexander of McMurray, Pa.; Dawn (Cavanagh) Skvorak and husband Jimmy; three great-grandchildren, Tyler, Alexabelle and Zachery, all of Windham; Jessica (Blake) Brown and husband Dan; great-grandchildren, Allison and Jacob, all of Pownal; Tricia (Blake) Vachon and husband Mark; great-granddaughter, Morgan, all of Pownal; and Jared Blake of Pownal and fiancee Amy Will.
Visiting hours will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 17, at Wilson Funeral Home, Route 26, Gray. A funeral service will be held at Pownal Congregational Church on Thursday, Nov. 18, at 11 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations
can be made to:
The Pownal Fire Company
Care of former
Fire Chief, Lester Blake
153 Merrill Rd.
Pownal, Maine 04069

Groom's Name: Blake Earle A
Groom's Residence: Pownal, ME
Bride's Name: Davidson Althea E
Bride's Residence: Yarmouth, ME
Marriage Date: 15 Jul 1948

Name: ALTHEA EMMA Davidson
Event: Naissance (Birth)
DAUGHTER OF HORACE DAVIDSON OF THE VILLAGE OF LEN*VILLE & GERTIE DOONAN
Baptism Year: 1914 - 9TH JULY
Baptism Location: Lennoxville, Québec (Quebec)
Place of Worship or Institution: Methodist Church

Posted: 13 May 2012 7:22AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 13 May 2012 7:25AM GMT
Surnames: DAVIDSON, DOONAN
Name: Horace G Davidson
Death Date: 28 May 1975
Town: Portland
Certificate: 7503506

Name: Horace Davidson
SSN: 705-16-5711
Last Residence: 04103 Portland, Cumberland, Maine, United States of America
Born: 25 Mar 1888
Died: May 1975
State (Year) SSN issued: Railroad Board (Issued Through) (Before 1951)

Name: EDITH GerTRUDE Doonan
OF TENN*VILLE
DAUGHTER IF PATRICK DOONAN & EMMA WILCOX
Spouse: Horace George Davidson
OF THE VILLAGE OF TENN*ILLE
SON OF WILLIAM GEORGE DAVIDSON & ISABELLA EVELYN BAILEY
Event: Mariage (Marriage)
Marriage Year: 1912 - 2ND OCTOBER
Marriage Location: Lennoxville, Québec (Quebec)
Place of Worship or Institution: Methodist Church

Patrick Doonan 48
Emma Doonan 44
James Doonan 17
Gertrude Doonan 10
Religion: Roman Catholic
Province: Quebec
District: Sherbrooke
District Number: 193
Sub-District: Lennoxville (Village)
Sub-District Number: F-1

Name: Horace Davidson
Marital Status: Single
Birth Day & Month: 24 Mar
Birth Year: 1888
Birthplace: Qc
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: William Davidson
Mother's Name: Isabella Davidson
Racial or Tribal Origin: Irish
Nationality: Canadian
Religion: Methodist
Province: Quebec
District: Sherbrooke
District Number: 193
Sub-District: Ascot
Sub-District Number: A-3
WITH
William Davidson 38
Isabella Davidson 38
John Davidson 14
William Davidson 9

Posted: 13 May 2012 7:25AM GMT
thank you yes, you are on the right track

I do have this information

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/16729682/person/525289121

but am missing the obit for Ida Edith Gertrude "Gertie" Doonan Davidson's death in 1953.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 12:09AM GMT
I tried looking up your relative's obituary at the Maine State Library today but I could not find it. I tried the Lewiston Evening Journal, the Morning Sentinel and the Wilton Times. Those were the only newspapers they had that could possibly have an obituary from the Farmington area. Sorry.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 9:08AM GMT
Thank you so much for looking for me. In 1952 the year before she died she is listed in Portland, Maine, in a city directory. Would the newspapers you viewed have had her obit had she died in Portland?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic