Search for content in message boards

A. W. Judd Photographer

A. W. Judd Photographer

Posted: 28 Feb 2002 5:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2002 3:04AM GMT
Does anyone know anything about an A. W. Judd who was a post Civil War military photographer. I have a pic of my gggfather in uniform (post Civil war era) and the bottom of it was stamped A. W. Judd, 828 Market St, Chattanooga, Tenn.

Re: A. W. Judd Photographer

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 11:02PM GMT
I am his grandson. He was born in 1846. After the Civil War he and two of his brothers became photographers. He plied his trade from Canada to Texas, on a bicycle . He died in 1929.

Jo Speake (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2003 10:30PM GMT
Malcom-If you'd like to see a copy of the photo with the AW Judd stamp at the bottom, I'd love to send it to you. I'm jomama@wideopenwest.com or you may view it at It is certainly a treasured item in my family. I had a historian date it from probably the 1870's and it is a lesson in history between the uniform and the wheel ruts behind him, etc. Thanks for writing back-it answers part of the mystery!

Malcolm Judd (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Judd
Dear Jo,

I have been on vacation. Please email me a copy of the picture. I am attaching a picture of Amos in 1876.

Just out of the army in 1865, Amos Wilson Judd was 19 years old and pennyless. In 1876 he was able to take his bride to Niagara Falls, New York City, Philadelphia (The Centennial), London, and Paris. He had six children and died in 1929 at Chattanoga, Tennessee.
Attachments:

Jo Speake (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2003 5:36AM GMT
A very nice photo! Thank you so much for sharing your information! I will pass it on to the Greathouse genealogist's in our family as I have shared copies of the Andrew Jackson Greathouse's photo with them. Everytime I copy it, I make sure to get the AW Judd stamp into the copy. It's important to give your grandfather his credit. I'm attaching AJ Greathouse's photo.
Attachments:

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 3:21PM GMT
Mr. Judd--Are you still reading these posts? I have a photo inscribed with A. W. Judd and thought you might like a copy. Please let me know.

Janet Parks

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 3:36PM GMT
Janet, I would love to see it and compare it to my photo posted earlier in this thread. Coud you attach it into the thread?
Thanks,
Jo Speake

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 3:36PM GMT
Janet, I would love to see it and compare it to my photo posted earlier in this thread. Coud you attach it into the thread?
Thanks,
Jo Speake

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Connelly
Hi, Jo,

I think this is a pic of my grandmother, Ella Ham Connelly of Chattanooga. It's not labeled, so I'm not sure.

Janet
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 5:19PM GMT
I also have a beautiful photo made by Mr. Judd in Monteagle Tennessee of my Aunt Julia Donald Barge. Will be happy to share if anyone is interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions