Search for content in message boards

George Bennett b PA 1769

George Bennett b PA 1769

Posted: 23 Jan 2005 4:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for parents of George Bennett born 1769 in PA. Probably moved to VA as a youngster, possibly to Frederick Co. Became a blacksmith. Married Mary Holloway in 1799 in Culpeper, VA. Do not know county in PA, possibly Bucks. Parents might be Quakers. George's eldest son named Enoch. George had 10 children. All accounted for. This is my brick wall. Any help I can get will be appreciated very much.
Emmy

Re: George Bennett b PA 1769

Sandra Menders (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2005 6:50PM GMT
Did your George Bennett have a son named George Washington Bennett? My great-great grandfather was George Washington Bennett, born about 1804 in PA. He moved to Ohio prior to 1850. In 1850 census, he is listed as a widower, with children Maxwell C., George Washington, Louisa J, Josephus and Jesse T. There is evidence they came from Beaver Co, PA. My great grandfather, James Monroe Bennett was married about 1850 or before and would have been out of the home. This family is my major brick wall. Any help will be appreciated.

Emily Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2005 10:51PM GMT
No, Sandra, he did not. He had a son George, Jr. born 1809 in Ross County, OH. Sorry I can't help you.

CJ Keim (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett, Hallstein, Keim, Chisholm
I am looking for the parents of Henry Bennett, who was born 1851 in Ohio. Around 1875 he moved to Pennsylvania. Is there any connection with the family you are researching?
CJ

Sandra Menders (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 3:22PM GMT
I am sorry, but I don't have any information on a Henry in my line. My Bennetts came from Beaver Co, PA to Ohio prior to 1850 and don't believe they went back to PA but either stayed in the Cincinnati, OH area or moved further west.

Sandra

emmy176 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 5:46PM GMT
CJ
I have a Henry Bennett, b. 1832 in Ohio. Never went to PA. Not what you are looking for.

Becky (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 11:33PM GMT
My Bennett line has several Holloway connections but they would be a couple generations later than this one. Did you George have a son named John? If your marriage dates are right he would have to be the first child. Anyway, this John then has descendants that marry Holloways. Also there is a George Bennett I've tried to tie my John to that became the guardian to Mason Watts and a couple of his siblings. Any chance this is your George?

Posted: 25 Jan 2005 3:26AM GMT
My George has no son named John. He married Mary Holloway. I wondering if there are other connections you might have to the Holloway family. Mary had a brother William Holloway. Any connection there? I am still trying to find proof of wh her father was. I am being led to believe he was George Holloway. Bust, as you say, your Holloways come in later.
Emily Bennett

Posted: 26 Jan 2005 3:57AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Holloways
Did any of your Holloways end up in TN and MS in the mid 1800's?

Posted: 27 Jan 2005 3:56AM GMT
No, Mary. The Holloways I have ended up in Ohio mostly and Iowa--there may also be an Indiana connection.
Emily
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions