Search for content in message boards

Hodgins of Tipperary

Hodgins of Tipperary

Alfreda Veenstra (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodgins
I have a database of about 14,000 Hodgins descendants. Am willing to share this with anyone tracing this family.

They were from Moneygall, Templemore, Tipperary, Cloghjordan, North Tipperary.

They were from Northumberland, Gloustershire, England about 1555 and perhaps Holland before England.

Hodgins of Tipperary

Dick Tucker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hodgins, Kirkpatrick
I'm searching for any info about John Hodgins (b abt 1817 prob. England)and his wife Ann Kirkpatrick (b.Ireland). They
imm. to U.S. 1849-1851 with their son Benjamin (b Mar 1837
prob.Eng). Benj m. Susan L. Meeker 21 Feb 1844 in NY. Their dau Grace Eliza m. my grandfather, Richard Joseph Tully 21 Feb 1899, Brooklyn, NY. Would appreciate anything you have
about John & Ann Hodgins. Thanks. Dick

Re: Hodgins of Tipperary

Wilma Playford (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: Hodges,Green,Lyons, Blackwell, Young,Smith,
I have family of Mathew Hodgins/Sarah Green from Tipperary came to Canada about 1840 with 8 children. Would like to have more info.

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2003 2:14PM GMT
Could you be more specific. I have several unmarried Mathews in my Hodgins database. I do not have a Sarah Green. Do you have a listing of the children's names? That would help.

Wilma Playford (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 7:55PM GMT
The mathew Hodgins I have born 1796 Ireland, Renfrew North
children: William, Mary, Elizabeth, Emily(Emely) Annie, Margaret, possibly John spouse of Mathew-Sarah Green born 1802 died 1882 they married 1820 in Ireland.

Re: Hodgins database

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2002 10:03PM GMT
Hello,

Do you happen to have anything on a James Hodgins born circa 1868 in Ireland, married Bridget Duffy (also born Ireland); they immigrated to the U.S. and had at least one child, James Frances Hodgins, born 3 Sept 1891 in Manchester, NH.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dawn

Wayne W.Winters (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2002 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Hodgins and Holmes
Ms.Veenstra, I have been trying to contact you for quite sometime. A lady in Listowel gave me your name and not much else. I have been trying to trace Robert and Jane Holmes Hodgins late of Perth County Ontario. I would like to correspond with you if at all possible. Thank You.

Posted: 18 May 2002 5:22AM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2003 2:14PM GMT
Please contact me at my home email of veenstra@amtelecom.net and I will try to help you with any questions you may have on the Hodgins family. Thank you.

Bev McCaughan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2003 10:46AM GMT
Surnames: Hodgins, Ellis, Abbott, Aber
I'm looking for information on George Hodgins & his family, George was B Abt 1777 in Queens Co. George married Anna Ellis around 1800 & died in Dunkerrin, King's Co. Can you help me , Many Thanks in advance
Bev

Alfreda (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2003 6:16PM GMT
Hi Bev -- I have some data regarding George and Annie and their family that I received in June of this year. Please contact me directly for the information. -- Alfreda
veenstra@amtelecom.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic