Search for content in message boards

Holliday

Holliday

Kathy Evans (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holliday
looking for further information on William Holliday residing in Perry county. born about 1770 having the following children: William Dewitt b. abt 1800, John H D b. abt 1800, Cole Green b. abt 1800, Jim b. abt 1800, 3 other sons b. abt 1800, 1 daughter b abt 1800, Samuel b. abt. 1810, and Robert b. abt 1810. I would appreciate any further or additional information.

Wm. Holliday

Kim Holliday Finley (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Kathy,

I am a descendant of John H.D., and can fill in the line from that point downward. I would like to ask you, what was your source for the children of William? I'm especially interested in William Dewitt. That name keeps coming up in family stories, and we've never been able to prove or disprove the connection.

John H.D., b. 1799, married Allie Justice in Floyd Co. KY on Jan. 27, 1821, and moved to Perry Co. They had 10 children. John also had three children by Katie Tyree. As you can see, this could get lengthy in a hurry, so let me know what you're interested in, and I'll post it.

Kim

holliday

dwight holliday (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HOLLIDAY
yes a whole bunch of us in Perry Knott and Morgan CO would like to know.Samuel's kin went to Morgan Co.
We know William is the father of John H.D.for he signed the marrage bond and a permission slip giving John permission to marry

Holliday, William>John H. D.>Walter

Dianne Holliday Detwiler (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am looking for my Perry County ancestors. I have only sketchy information thus far, but have been able to trace back to William. John H.D. was the father of Walter, who was the father of Ulysses Grant Holliday my great grandfather. Grant married Nancy Noble, and at some point moved to Morgan county where my grandfather Theodore Roosevelt Holliday was born in 1902. Grant was killed in 1905. Nancy Noble Holliday later married Charlie Gullett and moved the family to Arkansas after a brief stay in Oklahoma (probably 1-2 years)

According to distant cousin, the 1900 Morgan Census list Grant's date of birth as May 1861, born in Ky and 5 children with 4 living. However, Theodore Roosevelt was born in 1902 and another sister after him. My father, Troy Holliday, is positive Theodore Roosevelt had only 3 living siblings. They are Phillip Sherdian, Ida May, Theodore Roosevelt and Mahalla, and the one known deceased sibling (thought to be a male). Who are these other children?

Any information you could pass along would be greatly appreciated. Especially information on Walter's and Grant's family.

Dianne Holliday Detwiler

Holliday

Ellwood (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday, Strong
I'm trying to get information on Jim Holliday, Killed by 4 men in Ky. He was my Aunts Father. Do you have any info on him.
My aunts Grace Holliday M. Ryder Strong in the 40's. Hazard, Ky.
Thanks Fran Ellwood

Grace Holliday

Posted: 23 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday, Strong, Combs
Hello Fran,

In my data base, I have a Gracie Harriet Holliday b. March 13, 1914, Perry Co, who lived in Hazard, was married to Ryder Strong (no dates). I have one son from this marriage William, also born in Perry County and he had a son Patrick, but his wife is unknown.

Gracie's parents were: James [Jim] Holliday b. Feb 15, 1888 d. Sept 17, 1922 in Perry County, buried in the Holliday cem. at Ary, Ky. Jim was married to Sada [Sadie] Combs b. abt 1895 d. abt 1971 Fairborn, Ohio. They were married on Oct 24, 1911. Other children of Jim and Sadie are: Tolbert Walden, Elisha, James Richmond, Paul Finley, Thelma.

There were some notes sent to me by a cousin that says Jim Holliday was a deputy sheriff. His arm was blown off while fishing with dynamite, and he was killed near Bulan, Ky while he was deputy sheriff.

If these are your relatives, I'd love to hear from you.

Dianne

Grace Holliday

Posted: 23 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday, Strong, Combs
Hello Fran,

In my data base, I have a Gracie Harriet Holliday b. March 13, 1914, Perry Co. married to Ryder Stong (no dates). I have one son from this marriage William, also born in Perry County and he had a son Patrick, but his wife is unknown.

Gracie's parents were: James [Jim] Holliday b. Feb 15, 1888 d. Sept 17, 1922 in Perry County, buried in the Holliday cem. at Ary, Ky. Jim was married to Sada [Sadie] Combs b. abt 1895 d. abt 1971 Fairborn, Ohio. They were married on Oct 24, 1911. Other children of Jim and Sadie are: Tolbert Walden, Elisha, James Richmond, Paul Finley, Thelma.

There were some notes sent to me by a cousin that says Jim Holliday was a deputy sheriff. His arm was blown off while fishing with dynamite, and he was killed near Bulan, Ky while he was deputy sheriff.

If these are your relatives, I'd love to hear from you.

Dianne

Holliday, John H.D. descendants

Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2002 11:45PM GMT
Contact Mack Holliday at mackholl@tgtel.com. He has a book he's been putting together on the Hollidays for several years now. He can fill in any information you need. I have the book and it's been really interesting. We are related - John H.D., son Tolbert, g-son Lewis, gg-son Shiloh, ggg-son Lewis Sr. (my dad).
Judy Holliday

Holliday's

Kathy Evans (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Jim (James) Holliday b. 2/15/1888 died 9/17/1922 buried in Holliday Cemetary at ARY, KY. He was the brother of John H. D. Holliday. (Perry County)

Holliday's

Kathy Evans (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
I though that it was Jim's grandfather that had his arm blown off from fishing and h ad to be amputated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions